Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If the lumbar feels too low, recline the seat back further. Might take a moment for you to get used to the new seating position but it should help
Sponsored

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have Knee Pains when driving - this knee has been an issue for years. But I did not know the steerwheel can telescope - I will have to check on that now and see if it can fix my position.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I received my Big Bend standard package manual transmission Bronco two days ago, and the seats are so uncomfortable that I am having intense back pain. I’m wondering if this is the case for anyone else. The lumbar seems to sit lower than my Xterra and is not height adjustable. I’m used to driving on truck chassis and a stick as I had an Xterra (manual) forever so it’s not that. But these seats just feel wrong no matter how I adjust them. Everything else about the bronco is great. Just wondering if anyone else is having this experience or has thoughts.
Your back hurts because your wallet is now thinner! lol

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks all for your thoughts. I’m pretty sure the distance from the seat to the clutch is also part of the issue. My leg has to be hyperextended to depress the clutch even w the seat pulled up as far as I can stand it.
While I don't find the seats in my BL uncomfortable, that clutch pedal is way forward and I understand where you are coming from. I'm 5'6" and I have the seat a good bit further forward than I would typically position one. To compensate, I have the steering wheel as far away as I can telescope it and the seat back reclined a bit more than I would naturally have it. I do agree that not having adjustable pedals was an oversight and a miss. Should have been available in the high package, or at a minimum the Lux. I sincerely hope you can find a seating position that you can at least live with. It would suck to have waited this long to find out you can't live with the seating.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally the MGV seats in my Badlands are among the most comfortable "car" seats I've ever sat in.

*shrug*
absolutely, and that's why I was adamant about keeping an mgv equipped model even though I wanted high package and Badlands is more Bronco than I'll ever need. My one gripe has been mentioned here and that's the headrest being too far forward.

Sponsored

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there a measurable difference in comfort between the leather and cloth seats? I ordered mine (or should I say my wife's) with cloth seats and she sometimes suffers from back pains.

seashell

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I appreciate that suggestion and would try anything but unfortunately I could not get the heated seats with the manual without going with a much pricier version. I’m beginning to think the clutch distance is the biggest issue. I’m on the small side at 5’4.

As a fellow 5'4" person with a similar build, I agree with you 100%. I've only had mine a week but still have not found the perfect position. I've narrowed mine down to the headrest. I can deal with the rest. I have a co-worker with a 2021 F-150 and I had him take out his adjustable headrest and compare to mine. The actual headrest of the F-150 is slightly larger but the posts fit in the Bronco. Spent the morning looking at ordering stock F-150 headrest to replace. Costly but I think it's an option. I understand that you are dealing with the clutch, but like others have mentioned , mess with the telescoping steering wheel, the lumbar support (the knob) and the height of the seat. Good Luck!

BuckinOnEm

Big Bend
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 21' , Ford F250 22'
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't had any issues with the seats in my BB Bronco. I have done a few long trips (2.5 hours) and no complaints. I wish the head rest was adjustable though.

calx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '98 Nissan Stagea
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry to hear about that. I just have the basic cloth seats in my BB and they're arguably one of the most comfiest I've had in a vehicle, even over my last Mercedes.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I have been struggling to find my ideal position.

I pulled my headrest and my back drops right in, feels great, everything is good. Except now I'll snap my neck in a rear end hit. Are the HIGH level seats adjustable angle on the headrest? If i could adjust the rest rearward, it would alleviate the issue.

I have considered cutting the foam off the frame and flipping the the cushion 180 to have a more rearward rest..... headrest gone, my body jives with the seat.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone else have the experience owning and driving multiple vehicles where it was like your back adapted to your DD, and switching to your weekend cruisers on the rare sunny day ends up giving you a back ache after awhile?

Since i've started driving all my cars more it seems to be less of an issue for me, at least after the springtime break-in... but i've always wondered if other people experienced this or if I'm just broken lol.

Faysal

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
I couldn’t tolerate the seats either. The front edge pinched the back of my thighs and caused leg pain. I bought a seat wedge pad, problem solved. But I don’t find the car extra comfortable in general.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally the MGV seats in my Badlands are among the most comfortable "car" seats I've ever sat in.

*shrug*
I concur, some of the best I've had. The only negative mark I give out is the lumbar area can get a bit sweaty.

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The MGV in my BD are really comfortable. Ive put some serious miles on, like 400 miles a day, and i would rather sit in those seats than in my explorer XLT seats.
Sponsored