Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Richterman will because he has a 4-door non-Sasquatch Badlands, which is one of the unsupported configurations with this SKU.

If you have one of the supported configurations, then no. You can just use a Procal.
Ah, gotcha. Missed that he has a non sas
Sponsored

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mpeugeot is correct... It's really not all that hard.

As long as you are reasonably comfortable with computers it's really quite easy. I have a video coming out in the next few days regarding FDRS programming if you want to get a sense for what it'll be like.

There will be some added tricks you'll have to do for the steering rack since you have to spoof a VIN, but again... not hard.
I will be waiting for your video

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a video coming out in the next few days regarding FDRS programming if you want to get a sense for what it'll be like.
Looking forward to this. I've been tempted to get the 2-day just to poke around and see what i can do, but I need to also get a compatible dongle (I don't have the full J2534 adapter, although i hear VXDiag VCX Nano works for about $100, and I've heard about Mongoose Plus for about $500).

Would love to see what kind of things FDRS can do other than program the keypads and steering racks.

Reactions: LCW

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So know a tune is tied to my procal
But can the Procal program several racks? Say mine and a few friends?
Probably not, since it's uploading a tune file to a ECM somewhere. But I couldn't say for certain.

I do wonder if you can use it to just do the basic stuff, like view parameters and reset DTSC codes. I may try it on the wife's Bronco Sport just to see what it does.

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking forward to this. I've been tempted to get the 2-day just to poke around and see what i can do, but I need to also get a compatible dongle (I don't have the full J2534 adapter, although i hear VXDiag VCX Nano works for about $100, and I've heard about Mongoose Plus for about $500).

Would love to see what kind of things FDRS can do other than program the keypads and steering racks.
What is the recommended adapter to purchase?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the recommended adapter to purchase?
Going to cover this in my video, but most J2534 adapters should—in theory—work just fine for FDRS.

VXDiag seems to be an extremely popular option (because it’s cheap), but I’ve personally bricked two modules with two different VXDiag adapters before so they’ve been permanently retired to the garbage can. I think that’s the adapter @mpeugeot uses though, and he’s obviously programmed multiple racks with it… so… I dunno… maybe I was using them wrong somehow? 🤷‍♂️

After the VXDiag nonsense I switched to the Mongoose Plus, and it’s what I’ve used up until this past year. It’s been fine, no issues, no complaints, would buy again. This past year with the YouTube channel and all of the programming I’ve been doing on so many different vehicles I decided to upgrade Bosch MasterTech II.

(Btw, once I finish shooting my video with the Mongoose Plus I’ll probably sell it here on B6G, if anyone is interested. Probably will post it within the next two weeks.)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I use the VXDiag, it can be a little finicky, but it's been reliable for me.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just did ProCal on mine two days ago, mostly for FAD delete but also for a tire and gear change (to 37's and 5.13). ProCal didn't have any problem with either one. For tire size it doesn't ask for diameter but revolutions per mile. You figure that out for your tire diameter and type it in, along with your gear ratio.
Kool!… if it worked for you maybe it will work for me…went ahead and ordered the ProCal/tuner…fingers crossed…nothing wrong with a little extra performance either…hope to get some tires ordered today…

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the ProCal need to stay plugged in after programming the new rack? I know it’s tied to a VIN but I wouldn’t want it constantly connected and be in the way and have some loose cable dangling.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the ProCal need to stay plugged in after programming the new rack? I know it’s tied to a VIN but I wouldn’t want it constantly connected and be in the way and have some loose cable dangling.
Nope.

Reactions: LCW

Myke98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered one. Now I just have to figure out how to get it installed, hopefully I can figure out a cheaper option than the dealer.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered one. Now I just have to figure out how to get it installed, hopefully I can figure out a cheaper option than the dealer.
Jack up vehicle and turn the wrenches yourself. ;) It's not always fun, but it is cheaper (by a lot)... I will keep telling myself this as I get doused in transmission fluid tomorrow repairing the transmission in my 2011 F-150 (lead frame replacement), rumor is $1500 to $2000 to have the dealer do it, under $250 to DIY it for all parts including transmission fluid and shipping.
Sponsored