Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you've already tried adjusting the lever from side-to-side and the moving the catch up as high as it will go? That's not covered in the installation videos, but Alan will help you with that if you contact him. Beyond that, you may have to mod something.

I'm thinking about attaching a tow strap in each corner of the soft top frame so I can pull the latches closed from below. Sometimes the frame structure compresses when you push down from above and it doesn't latch.
I havent spent a lot of time adjusting - didnt know the latch has a laterel adjustment. Thanks for the tip ill look at it tomorrow
Sponsored

Last edited:

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, Alan from @Diabolical Inc called me after I emailed them about the soft top latch issues.

That's fantastic customer support, but in the end he couldn't help me. There are no workarounds to prevent the lid from interfering with the latches and no plans for a design change.

I understand business decisions must be made, but it's disappointing for sure.

So, here is my honest review for anyone else with a soft top who is contemplating the Slipstream:

It has outstanding features, flawless fabrication, long but relatively painless install, first class packaging, and personalized customer support.

BUT, if you have a soft top, be aware that there will be limitations on rear window operation, compared to factory, when the Slipstream lid is closed. Access to the latches will be physically constrained when the back window is closed, and additional force must be applied to the release lever to open the rear window because the full length of the lever will not accessible. The rear window must be closed by pushing down quickly and firmly from the top of the soft top frame, as there are no available handhold locations when the tailskin is in place. When the top is closed this way (and when it works), the automatic latching will cause the levers to snap down loudly on the metal lid of the Slipstream, and the latch will not be fully in the factory closed position, although it's probably closed 'enough'.

Overall: probably would not buy again on a do-over, but it still has so much going for it. If the issues ever get addressed, I'd recommend without reservation.

Oh well. I'll have to keep looking for some good hacks...
Did you find solution? Someone mentioned latches can slide over for more room. Looking to buy slipstream, but want to make sure works with softtop without issues.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you find solution? Someone mentioned latches can slide over for more room. Looking to buy slipstream, but want to make sure works with softtop without issues.
The latches do slide, but not far enough. I ended up fabricating new, slimmer catches and cutting the factory weather stripping about an inch on each side to make more room. Everything clears now, but it was a lot of work.

I actually used the spare pieces from the kit that would normally be used for the hardtop, so that was a plus.

Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure PXL_20220814_152953029
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure PXL_20220814_180141744
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure PXL_20220814_183458774

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The latches do slide, but not far enough. I ended up fabricating new, slimmer catches and cutting the factory weather stripping about an inch on each side to make more room. Everything clears now, but it was a lot of work.

I actually used the spare pieces from the kit that would normally be used for the hardtop, so that was a plus.

I'm confused what the issue is? Now I had the hard top on first using the slipstream before getting a soft top used. My softop closes but I do have to pull and connect each side one at a time. Even when I took the panel off I could never close mine from the middle like I see some videos do no matter how I adjusted the factory latches. Is that the issue or you can't get yours to close/latch at all before making this modification?

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm confused what the issue is? Now I had the hard top on first using the slipstream before getting a soft top used. My softop closes but I do have to pull and connect each side one at a time. Even when I took the panel off I could never close mine from the middle like I see some videos do no matter how I adjusted the factory latches. Is that the issue or you can't get yours to close/latch at all before making this modification?
The issue is that the soft top latches contact the Slipstream lid when everything's closed - overlapping by about 3/8". If you look back a few posts you can see photos of the latches and reasons why it's problematic.

Bottom line is that the product wasn't exclusively designed for Bronco soft tops, so compromises must be made.

Sponsored

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get around this by popping the latches from under neath (stick your fingers up from the bottom and push) and pushing up from underneath the enclosure.

I fixed my closing issue by adjusting the bracket. Top now closes easy with no issues.

mcashin1

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get around this by popping the latches from under neath (stick your fingers up from the bottom and push) and pushing up from underneath the enclosure.

I fixed my closing issue by adjusting the bracket. Top now closes easy with no issues.
Yup. Same here.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Right... that's how you pop the latches and you will need to make adjustments to them. Mine also closed and latched before I made any mods - none of that is the issue.

I guess many people just don't see a problem with the design. I personally expected more from this very expensive product.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right... that's how you pop the latches and you will need to make adjustments to them. Mine also closed and latched before I made any mods - none of that is the issue.

I guess many people just don't see a problem with the design. I personally expected more from this very expensive product.
Thanks for the work. I am still not sure if I'm going to snag one of these.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup. Same here.
Yeah same here. No issues once I adjusted the latches. I DO have to pull down the soft top, but that’s due to the IAG struts I also have installed.

Sponsored

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here are the rest of my mods. You can see that the latches fully clear the Slipstream lid now, so I can rest it up against the speaker pods. There's about a 1/4" clearance on each side.

The tow straps let me pull the soft top closed from the bottom, which I think is easier with the IAG lift assist.

Now that it's dialed in, I'm happy with it. Just took some extra blood and sweat to get it where it needed to be.

Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure PXL_20220827_220429664
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure PXL_20220827_220415118
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure PXL_20220827_220320768

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Howdy @Diabolical Inc Still loving my enclosure. One issue: the trim on the tailskin that stops the metal from hitting the tailgate was a little loose on mine. So I stuck it down. Unfortunately not well.

Is there a place and a part number where I can purchase a roll of that u-shaped rubbery stuff for the tailskin, as I need to remove the stuff I stuck down and replace it. Just not sure where to find it.

Thanks!

Lazarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the enclosure, it gives me a trunk and solves a couple needs like a place to put the highlift, as well as an axe, saw, shovel and a crowbar stored out of the way. That plus a good tailgate table and it makes a decent a decent set up

20220826_133310.jpg

20220805_112002.jpg

20220805_154814.jpg

20220805_154757.jpg

20220826_133344.jpg

Last edited:

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for those with the IAG lift. Is it better/easier to install that first then the enclosure? I'm finally getting my Bronco in about 3 weeks so these are the first 2 mods I am installing. Thanks,

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for those with the IAG lift. Is it better/easier to install that first then the enclosure? I'm finally getting my Bronco in about 3 weeks so these are the first 2 mods I am installing. Thanks,
Mine were already installed when I installed the enclosure. They do not have any impact on the enclosure install
Sponsored