Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm... Seems that anyone who was holding out hope that this list was for the Bronco Sport and not the Bronco are out of luck.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/ford/2021/bronco/

Unless this is "Area 51", then we are looking at an unlisted color. Or it's possible the website doesn't have ANY of the Bronco Sport colors listed.
Sponsored

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guess I gotta disagree. Ford shouldn't plaster the bronco name on this. And it's very unfortunate for Ford that everyone will see this before the real deal. People will see this Forester lookalike with the "bronco" name on it and think "that's it? That's what all the hype is about?".
Customer confusion is never a good thing, they should haveb called this something else, it Waters down the bronco name.
I'm in the same camp, wish they would have gone with Maverick or "insert one of the possible names here".

My wife will be teasing me when she reads the news articles on this. I can hear her now- "You've been making a bid deal waiting for this... "

She's automotive ignorant and has also talked crap about the test mule being the real Bronco. BUT, she's a sampling of most of the population. If we're shopping for a new family SUV, she'd be interested in the looks/function/performance of the Bronco Sport (BS?) regardless of the name, so I think it cheapens the Bronco stamp when the audience for this will not be after the real thing.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry... the thing looks ugly... looks like a direct copy off of the Range Rover product line... side profile and all... wtf.

God help us all that the Full Size is not hideous....

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guess I gotta disagree. Ford shouldn't plaster the bronco name on this. And it's very unfortunate for Ford that everyone will see this before the real deal. People will see this Forester lookalike with the "bronco" name on it and think "that's it? That's what all the hype is about?".
Customer confusion is never a good thing, they should haveb called this something else, it Waters down the bronco name.
Fewer people these days are having real adventures. But people want to feel like they are. And in that regard, aligning this SUV with the Bronco image might work out well for Ford. I don't particularity like using the name that way - but we will see how it works out in the coming years.

Yeah, it might have some negative impact on folks who want the Bronco name exclusive to the regular Bronco, and sow some confusion. Seems like Ford is hoping sales of the smaller Bronco will overcome that.

Sponsored

Enessy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Tremor, Infiniti S Sedan, KTM 1290R, CB750
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah how dare we leak something, lets show some respect to the company who pushed out shitty transmissions to everyone who bought a Ford Focus.
And the 5.4L V8. ‍

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has been repeatedly stated that color list is bullshit
I missed that. I saw all the initial reactions to the lack of Blues etc, but never saw any hard confirmation that the list was inaccurate.

Enessy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Tremor, Infiniti S Sedan, KTM 1290R, CB750
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed. For an SUV that will appeal to a lot of folks outside the more hardcore 4x4 community, I think this Sport model will sell well. And for more of a road SUV I think it looks good.

Even though I don't particularly like Ford using the Bronco name on several different vehicles, I think it's a smart move by Ford to have this Sport model under the Bronco halo.
It’s supposed to be leaning into the off-road capability category too though. It’s not supposed to be pavement centric, but not a hardcore off-roader. I could see the wife getting one and it being our mountain cruiser. Then when the Bronco pick up comes out (R version?) I’d get that to replace my F150.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wife loves it-she had a 2010 Escape and now has a 2017 Escape she doesn't like as much style wise. She said it reminds her of a Range Rover a bit.

One thing to remember-this is will be plan B for people who don't want to spend say $45-50K on regular Bronco. I'm going also say that this will most likely outsell or take a decent size chunk out of Escape sales too.

Sponsored

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Saw the pics this am and almost spit out coffee saying "oh sh%t" before realizing it was the sport. Thank God. Showed it to my girlfriend who said "it's cute". I agree, for what it is it looks good. Has some land rover elements which isn't a bad thing.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's cute, but probably won't make it down my road. :LOL:

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those of you calling the Sport the "female" companion to the Bronco seem to have forgotten about this:

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport 1583772343959
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport 1583772802901

The Bronco Sport is the burly brother of the Escape and fits a nice niche between something like a Crosstrek and the Bronco/Wrangler. The Sport is a fantastic choice for an off-roady medium-size SUV for the 95% of people who don't need something as capable as the Bronco/Wrangler. It's plenty capable and not "feminine." Lets give it credit.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s supposed to be leaning into the off-road capability category too though. It’s not supposed to be pavement centric, but not a hardcore off-roader. I could see the wife getting one and it being our mountain cruiser. Then when the Bronco pick up comes out (R version?) I’d get that to replace my F150.
And honestly this baby Bronco is a better reality based match for a lot of folks who will nevertheless buy the regular Bronco. My buddy bought a 50k Rubicon 3 years ago - and has never once taken it off-road. Never had occasion to use the 4:1 tcase, locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, etc. In a reality based world where people buy based on the real use functionality, it makes little sense for him to have bought that Rubicon model. (Until you delve into the psychology.) Humans are kind of messed up and don't always make sense, lol.

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, the pictures look like some sort of reveal happening soon based on the curtains that look like a stage of some sort, which would indicate unveiling VERY soon. Since we’ve heard the Big Bronco will be revealed first, does that mean we will be getting our reveal VERY soon too??
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.