Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope this is a joke!
This cant be the solution, wont factory winch and bull bar block it? I really think its a troll.
This appears to be a plate to mount the license plate to.

QUESTION: Does this mount attach to the top of the bumper like an "L" bracket? Or screw into the body colored trim below the grill.

* Many dealers will "Request no-drilling for front plate"
Can we please confirm:
1) Its an "L bracket" that mounts to the top surface of the bumper
2) We can request a delete on order

Furthermore, I think many vehicles arrive "not-drilled" and the front plate bracket is drilled and installed by the dealer.

2021_Bronco_Front_Plate_Bracket_01.jpg

Zoom in , there are two indents in the plastic below the grill for drill locations to mount the plate.
Terrible design , I’ll be requesting my dealer to not install it.
1F9E563F-BA75-4C1D-A7F0-3384A86A3E93.png
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can’t believe people are debating front license plates legality. I got a ticket once from a field fairy parking maid downtown, that’s the only time. Here’s some tips to avoid the ticket:

1) Quit driving like an asshole and you won’t get pulled over
2) There is no step 2
I haven't had my front plate on my malibu in over 8 years, and I've never had an issue even though it's required here

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had my front plate on my malibu in over 8 years, and I've never had an issue even though it's required here
That was my point lol, me either. If you have issues with cops because of this, the problem is you.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was my point lol, me either. If you have issues with cops because of this, the problem is you.
Just one data point but I got a ticket for no front plate. The only thing I did wrong.... No front plate. I was stopped while in rush hour traffic going about 15mph in a mundane Ford Escape.

I had just brought the vehicle from a no front plate province. Had the new plate on the back and the new front plate in the trunk while waiting on a bracket. Cop had no sympathy. Cost me about $100. Way it goes.

I assume they were using a plate scanner at the time and noticed I didn't have one for whatever reason.

Exception to the rule of course but it's not worth it to me. I'll put one on.

Just now how and where it is on that Bronco.

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know if Sasquatch will make it overall taller, but it looks awfully close to the top of that garage door.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just one data point but I got a ticket for no front plate. The only thing I did wrong.... No front plate. I was stopped while in rush hour traffic going about 15mph in a mundane Ford Escape.

I had just brought the vehicle from a no front plate province. Had the new plate on the back and the new front plate in the trunk while waiting on a bracket. Cop had no sympathy. Cost me about $100. Way it goes.

I assume they were using a plate scanner at the time and noticed I didn't have one for whatever reason.

Exception to the rule of course but it's not worth it to me. I'll put one on.

Just now how and where it is on that Bronco.
That’s crazy! You’re an anomaly (at least to my experience) most cops don’t care because they have actual police work to tend to.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess the winch is not compatible with front plate...
Who did design that? it’s totally insane!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a regional thing. In some areas, they ignore it unless they need an excuse to pull you over. In other areas, they will pull over sport cars missing the front plate, but wouldn't notice if a plate was missing on a truck. In other areas, they will ticket every vehicle missing the front plate without exception. You are more likely to have a problem in areas with yearly expiration stickers on the plate, since police will notice a missing plate when they are checking tag color.

Concerning the photo, it isn't the final location. Ford probably hasn't even made a real bracket yet. They usually put it in the middle of the bumper, even when it partially blocks the intercooler vent.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just like on my 71

Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) 1607995317804

Nice picture. EBs came with two holes in the bottom of the grill on the left side for that purpose. Later years also had a simple bracket that attached to the bottom of the center of the front bumper, so you could use either.
Maybe they are just being true to the original... ;)

Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) 0ba398537b617c3d32232a9f2a463108

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From Nic Cach on Facebook

I believe it’s a Cactus Gray Black Diamond with upgraded wheels and soft top.

Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) 0ba398537b617c3d32232a9f2a463108

I'm mount the from
If that part was designed by someone from Michigan I could see how it became an afterthought. Having lived in Michigan my entire life and never needing a front plate, I would have never thought about it. But then again, my career isn't in automotive design.

Also, what happens if you add the winch?
Buy a flip up kit and mount the plate to the winch fairlead