bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks a lot Auto-Start stop. šŸ™ƒ If itā€™s not a button press, it could be a glitch from the phone app.

I usually have to force close the app when it shows the wrong status (eg. car is running when itā€™s not).
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love the few people who are trying to call BS on the OP. This is a Forum where people discuss issues and topics. This guy is just genuinely just trying to figure out what is happening and people are calling BS? Get off your high horse people (pun intended)

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the few people who are trying to call BS on the OP. This is a Forum where people discuss issues and topics. This guy is just genuinely just trying to figure out what is happening and people are calling BS? Get off your high horse people (pun intended)
Yeah, and it's totally reasonable to ASSume that the Bronco started itself and is a danger to anyone parking their Bronco in a home garage.

JFC

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2022 hasnā€™t started on its own but it makes all kinds of weird clicking and otherworldly noises at random times even without the key nearby. Now Iā€™m a little concerned about it starting. I park in my garage to avoid theft as I live in the city. I also park in my garage because we get a lot more hail now with climate change. Do I take my chances and club the steering wheel, or take the other chance of having it start on its own? Yeesh! Technology is funā€¦

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sitting outside today, about 40 feet from my 2021 FE, key in the house, when the vehicle started all by itself! Wife and I both observed this and asked each other if we had done something.

Checked the key in the house and it was hanging, securely in the key box. I didnā€™t have the app open either.

Anybody else ever had this happen? Could have been seriously dangerous if this had happen in our garage.

@Ford Motor Company ever hear of this?
Did you buy this vehicle new or used? Only reason I ask is because back in October I sold my bronco to Carmax and to this day even though it has long since sold to the new owner, I noticed I have full access to the vehicle still through my app. Iā€™m an honest guy and have not clicked on anything in the app. Wondering if your ex owner started your car intentionally or not.

Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you buy this vehicle new or used? Only reason I ask is because back in October I sold my bronco to Carmax and to this day even though it has long since sold to the new owner, I noticed I have full access to the vehicle still through my app. Iā€™m an honest guy and have not clicked on anything in the app. Wondering if your ex owner started your car intentionally or not.

I have this too on my 4dr I traded in. I've deleted it twice from my phone and the website. Keeps popping back up in my "Ford garage" on the app

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought this one new. Been the sole owner/operator since 11/11/2021.
That is wild that you still have access to the vehicle you sold. Certainly seems to be a security issue there.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sitting outside today, about 40 feet from my 2021 FE, key in the house, when the vehicle started all by itself! Wife and I both observed this and asked each other if we had done something.

Checked the key in the house and it was hanging, securely in the key box. I didnā€™t have the app open either.

Anybody else ever had this happen? Could have been seriously dangerous if this had happen in our garage.

Yea...It's called someone has mapped your FOB and is ready to steal your truck. Common practice for car thief's. They can sit 40-50 ft when you get out of the truck. In parking lots they follow you while you walk into the store. Takes a RF reader, computer, and some software. Many stories on the internet about this happening. To stop it put you fob in a Faraday, (sp), FOB protector, or install a good deterrent system.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yea...It's called someone has mapped your FOB and is ready to steal your truck. Common practice for car thief's. They can sit 40-50 ft when you get out of the truck. In parking lots they follow you while you walk into the store. Takes a RF reader, computer, and some software. Many stories on the internet about this happening. To stop it put you fob in a Faraday, (sp), FOB protector, or install a good deterrent system.
Doubt this was a case of a mapped fob. Bronco was in the middle of our very rural 80 acre property with nobody within 3/4 of a mile.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could still see my 2020 Ranger that I traded in on FordPass for several weeks but if I tried to do anything a mssg pops up that I must enter the code on the infotainment screen to activate it again .

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe you OP lol.

"Precedent" was set by subaru some years back... they needed to recall near 50k vehicles because some fob glitch would have them start by themselves..

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could still see my 2020 Ranger that I traded in on FordPass for several weeks but if I tried to do anything a mssg pops up that I must enter the code on the infotainment screen to activate it again .
Ahh good to know! I was too scared to even think about hitting a button lol

Braptor23_CO

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think the wife's Fā€™n with you
All I can tell is is what happened as related I the original post. No explanation on my end and not trying to stir up any internet craziness as one commenter alleged.
Saw what I saw and wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I LOVE my Bronco but we all know there have been some ā€œuniqueā€ occupancies with the launch of this machine. Goodness knows the world of over the air updates is somewhat uncharted territory for some companies as well.
Ford Bronco Bronco started by ITSELF! 1688435623815
Sponsored