First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many people seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2021, and how many seeing this are desperately trying to figure out how they can get a 2022? ?

More colors, roof options, special editions, and other options? Have to say I'm intrigued.
Good question! Personally one part of me wants my Bronco sooner than later, but on the other hand I know three things on my build will hold me up so
I have excepted the fact I will probably not see my bronco this year. But hey maybe I will get Lighting Blue???
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me their allocation and my rank was “proprietary”. Also that there were no promotions or incentives for purchase or financing on Bronco, and that pricing would be “what the market will bear”. On the other hand, he said he thought “I’d be fine on my delivery rank”.

It sounds like I may need to find a new dealer. It’s not clear to me how my reservation priority would flow to a new dealer though. We end up in a position where we’re at the dealer’s mercy and have to pay up for delivery. I’ll take a MY22 rather than be screwed over on the price. It would be nice to hear from folks like Granger and Stephen’s on how to transfer the reservation and expectation for how that impacts priority.
There are many dealers across the country who are not only stating what the pricing structure will be, but also not charging a markup (ADM) at all... some even offering discounts at or below Invoice.

You could start by speaking with your current dealer and point out that you’re an easy sale... all they have to do is match some other deal or offer MSRP (no markup) etc, or you’re transferring away and taking your money and allocation with you. You still have plenty of time to transfer.

Regarding the dealership you transfer into. Some have stated they will put any transfers in at the back of the line, others have stated that they will honor the reservation order as Ford had publicly stated.

It seems that the dealer has some ability to override the reservation order through priority ranking or even *not* inputing your order right away (since Ford announced that reservations not converted to orders just sit there until they are converted).

You should research on the forum a dealer that you think you’d like to spend money with, and see what their answer is. There is a good chance that at this point in the game, they are going to want to remain more quiet about things, especially if they will honor your ranking, because they don’t want a mad rush of transfers at the end to change how their customer orders look (either because they’re already planning on how they’re reaching out and in what order, or they don’t want a bunch of upset customers who are now later in line).

It’s worth noting that allocations are related to actual converted orders, so transferring in and converting an order at a new dealer should actually increase their allocations. We just don’t know by how many exactly... but it means that someone already there wouldn’t necessarily be bumped out of MY21.

If a conversation with one of the forum dealers doesn’t bear any fruit, you can always just shop around your local area with the same narrative you started at your current dealer with: You are a painfully easy new car sale, and you’ll take your reservation anywhere.

When you’re ready to switch, call Ford customer service. They are the ones who control the reservations... the dealer does not.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jimsonabicycle

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, I may end up getting a Mustang instead if it runs past summertime, I need the car
Sponsored