Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

His point still stands. It's intended to make it safer. Can't blame the technology because people abused it's intended purpose.
I’m not trading liberty for safety. You feel free to do so right up to the point where you have zero control of your own life.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand the value of the safety features, and that they do save lives. What worries me is when the features react unpredictably, such as the reports of autonomous brakes engaging randomly on the highway or to objects on the side of the road. I had a rental that nearly gave me a heart attack by screaming at me to brake when I was turning safely.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love this. I'm glad to see Ford pushing the envelope here. Hoping the build I want will be able to be optioned with this.

LJRider

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not trading liberty for safety. You feel free to do so right up to the point where you have zero control of your own life.
You’d trade it for convenience to talk online though? The thought of these safety features “tracking” you and “driving you to the police station” is ridiculous. You’re probably using a smartphone or computer to access this site, I’ll tell you right now both easily monitored and tracked and you have very little “control” of that. These are safety features so you don’t swerve out of lanes or accidentally rear end someone, not some new world order conspiracy lmao. You have all the liberty in the world to turn the steering wheel in any direction and use the pedals at your own will.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I for one will be buying all the Bronco technology I can afford, I have a number of these features on my 2017 Kia Sorento and my wife's 2018 Subaru Forester, I will never buy another vehicle without them. Sure you can say you want to do your own driving I get it, but it has saved both myself and my wife from stupid driver's, that did not use their turn signals or just slammed on the their brakes at the last second. We NEVER turn our systems off!

You can't fix stupid in other drivers but you can have insurance to protect yourself and your loved ones.

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes. Mike Levine confirmed it. Read the original post :)
The press release is a little confusing as it only refers to "Active Drive Assist hands-free driving coming to the all-new Mustang Mach-E and all-new F-150. "

They used the marketing name Active Drive Assist specifically in the rollout for F-150 as well as the press materials. That terminology is not used for the Bronco anywhere in official Ford materials, (unless they updated it somewhere today), only Co-Pilot360.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By that time I’ll be gone and you feel free to turn over your lives and freedom to computers. I won’t. Soon your vehicle will be hooked up to the transportation grid/net. The government will control how fast you go, how you get to where you’re going, etc. Very good news for the lazy, but they’ll also be able to shut your car down or have it drive to the local police station because you didn’t eat enough broccoli that month. That is not a world I want any part of.
I get your reservation, a bit. Some of this technology can be a slippery slope, but this is a quantum leap from a truck applying the brakes for you.

You may be taking "give me liberty of give me death" or whatever it is too seriously.

*dodges bald eagles and American flag printed chairs*

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the value of the safety features, and that they do save lives. What worries me is when the features react unpredictably, such as the reports of autonomous brakes engaging randomly on the highway or to objects on the side of the road. I had a rental that nearly gave me a heart attack by screaming at me to brake when I was turning safely.
Got my PTSD triggered by a rental car with sh-tuff like this in it I didn't know about and I almost wrecked on the freeway. I was going perfectly straight with adaptive cruise on and a car came up in the lane next to me, also driving safely--deafening alarms and flashing light at freeway speeds is safety?

I have avoided being rude to Mr. Levine, but he is clearly all too happy to be the enemy of the purist and driver freedom. Here, we set the price for the car, you pay it, because Cash for Clunkers eliminated options, then we drive it for you! ...but you're still paying us. He should be restricted to the non-Bronco; the Sport. I know it's not just him, though, there are whole teams at Ford who don't believe in Ford and are there for a job only.

Note: I'm in favor of autonomous/automated driving lanes for long stretches, but not forced or sharing the roads.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. Have been driving for over 30 years, don't want the car to think it's a better drive than I am.
Same....cant tell you how many times I was better off going with the gas pedal than the brake pedal. Bet the autopilot cant do that.

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have yet to meet an adaptive cruise control system that has a follow distance that keeps people from jumping in between me and the car in front on the interstate...if this one will do that, I will welcome it with open arms. If not, it is a waste that I will just always keep turned off...

OP
OP
dpav02

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The press release is a little confusing as it only refers to "Active Drive Assist hands-free driving coming to the all-new Mustang Mach-E and all-new F-150. "

They used the marketing name Active Drive Assist specifically in the rollout for F-150 as well as the press materials. That terminology is not used for the Bronco anywhere in official Ford materials, (unless they updated it somewhere today), only Co-Pilot360.
Disregard. You're right. I might be wrong here.... I was jumping the gun for wishful thinking.

You're right, EyeQ4 is more than just "Active Drive Assist". It *can* include it, but doesn't mean it will.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have yet to meet an adaptive cruise control system that has a follow distance that keeps people from jumping in between me and the car in front on the interstate...if this one will do that, I will welcome it with open arms. If not, it is a waste that I will just always keep turned off...
Easy, both of mine have four distance settings, 2-3 works on normal freeway traffic, 4 is good for the open road. But rush hour traffic on the freeway, don't engage when its ten feet to crazy, yes, that is when you drive yourself.

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mike Levine confirmed EyeQ is coming to Bronco on his Twitter....

I don't understand how this is confusing lol

Read up on EyeQ technology and the Isrealan company Intel purchased for $15 billion.

Ford reached an agreement with Intel to use this tech in their vehicles.

I literally don't know what else to tell you, but new "self-driving" tech is coming to the Bronco.

Period.

My guess is Ford hasn't updated the marketing materials yet for the Bronco because this is a brand new deal that was signed today (announced to the public anyhow).

"Israel-based Mobileye was acquired by Intel in 2017 and currently dominates the field of machine vision for ADAS systems. Mobileye supplies it’s EyeQ family of products to 13 of the 15 largest automakers in the world. The company shipped 17.4 million systems in 2019 and has shipped more than 60 million since it launched."

Ford signed a deal with Intel for its EyeQ tech, and Mike Levine on Twitter confirmed it is coming to Bronco.

Mike Levine is, " Ford North America Product Communications Manager ".

So I don't know what else to tell you. It is, 100% coming to Bronco though :)
Awesome, can you post the quote where Mike says "Active Drive Assist with hands free driving is coming to Bronco". I don't have a twitter account, so I can't see all the comments. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I really want this tech, just not sure why Ford went full throttle with "HANDS FREE DRIVING from Active Driver Assist" with the F-150 and Mach-E, and then when huge Bronco reveal came out, they just said Co-Pilot360.

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get your reservation, a bit. Some of this technology can be a slippery slope, but this is a quantum leap from a truck applying the brakes for you.

You may be taking "give me liberty of give me death" or whatever it is too seriously.

*dodges bald eagles and American flag printed chairs*
"A quantum leap from a truck applying the brakes for you" I'm not sure what you mean by this. Auto-braking is already here. My buddy with a new Ram 1500 has it, and hates it. I'm not a fan either. Its not calibrated very well, and hits the brakes when it shouldn't. We were moving forward in his driveway, his wife was well-off to the side (in the driveway, but not in our path), and the truck slammed on the brakes. We were going quite slowly, but it was still enough to jerk our heads forward. I'm not pretending we got whiplash and spent a week in the ICU, but it was unpleasant nonetheless. Some will say "Well, its new tech, and just needs to be recalibrated" - or something along those lines. I don't want it in my vehicle. Frankly, I'm disturbed at how many people are psyched to turn over all the driving to on-board computers that will soon be linked by a 5G network. Why not pen the letter now: "Dear hackers, please hack the network and cause simultaneous pile-ups all across America." Or... or... we could emphasize individual responsibility. This would include a shift in societal attitudes so that certain selfish behaviors - like texting and driving - are unacceptable. I know this is getting pretty "ranty" but if we need computers to ensure decent behavior, and we do not require it of ourselves, we're kind of f'd as a species. Now where's my tinfoil hat... ;)
Sponsored