First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alrighty fellas , Next week on the Goonzquad We rebuild this 2021 Ford Bronco , and with all that being said....
Ford Bronco Bronco totaled in head-on collision accident, but you should see the other guy! [Updates From Owner] goonzquad_cover
Sponsored

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone here now want to change there order from sasquatch to non sasquatch; because of seeing the impact with the crash bars ?

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So glad y’all weren’t seriously injured. I can’t say that about the underage drunk driver.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my Bronco. My heart is broken but we all are at home safe. I drove a Jeep for years and absolutely loved it. When Ford introduced this Bronco I couldn’t get to the computer fast enough to order it. I’m a 43 yr old female that’s not really into vehicles and don’t know much about them. My husband and son helped me pick this one out and after a year I finally received it. I was blown away. Everything about this vehicle is amazing. It held up like a beast. I received my Bronco on Dec 17th. Had surgery on Dec 21. I had only driven it a few days before I become a passenger due to my surgery. The surgery I had was serious and personal but to walk away from that crash with only 5 stitches is unheard of. God is good. Ford is tough and I will DEFINITELY be ordering another. I will keep everyone posted on the insurance and how they all turns out so everyone will know if anything like this happens to another Bronco Owner. I pray it doesn’t. Yes we really were going around 50 mph and it was down a mild hill. Not sure on the other car. Last minute swerve from my husband was an excellent decision due to my circumstances still healing from surgery. FORD has impressed me far above than I could have imagined. Man…. I loved my Bronco and can’t wait to get another. Impressive FORD super Impressive and job well done.

Original notes posted by Administrator:
The Bronco's safety made sure the owners of this Bronco walked away to tell the story... hit head-on going 50mph by a Crown Victoria / Grand Marquis driven by an underaged drunk driver. Good thing Bronco driver swerved last second to avoid full complete head-on contact. The Bronco only had 300+ miles on it. The drunk driver received a cut to the head and was at least insured.

Ford Bronco Bronco totaled in head-on collision accident, but you should see the other guy! [Updates From Owner] goonzquad_cover

You have probably heard this a 100 times but seriously the important thing is that you're okay. The BRONCO can always be replaced .... in a bout a year or so! Sorry, LOl glad you're okay!

Sponsored

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah / this is my worry with the Sasquatch.
I emailed the IIHS asking the question about the broncos with Sasquatch and if they tested them since crash bars are not on the units with that option, and if they are as safe. I will post what i hear back if anything.

Glad everyone is OK!!!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone here now want to change there order from sasquatch to non sasquatch; because of seeing the impact with the crash bars ?
I still think it is a hell of a deal. I won't be getting it as it doesn't serve my needs. But for those that do, they can get the high clearance crash bars from Ford Performance. I know 4WP uses them for their faux-Sasquatch Stage 1 lift/wheel/tires package. I'm surprised they aren't a part of the factory option.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you’re ok, and glad the Bronco does so well in crashes.
A crushed vehicle is the successful transfer of energy to the car which is not passed on to the person inside. If anything, one would hope the Bronco showed more accordion-like collapse than this.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A crushed vehicle is the successful transfer of energy to the car which is not passed on to the person inside. If anything, one would hope the Bronco showed more accordion-like collapse than this.
What

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once the supply of Broncos finally stabilizes, Ford should seriously consider making a vehicle based on the Bronco, but not so off-road-oriented. Maybe lower, more sedan-like. But as similar as possible in the manner of underlying construction.

Such a vehicle could easily be the much-needed successor to the Crown Victoria. I wouldn't even object to them calling it by that name; and a Lincoln version as the new Town Car.
I would call that vehicle the base Bronco.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, the person inside is okay so it did its job. It also did very well in crash tests. Sounds to me like you're trying to put a negative spin on a positive outcome. They are lots of reasons you may not see collapse.

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is my Bronco. My heart is broken but we all are at home safe. I drove a Jeep for years and absolutely loved it. When Ford introduced this Bronco I couldn’t get to the computer fast enough to order it. I’m a 43 yr old female that’s not really into vehicles and don’t know much about them. My husband and son helped me pick this one out and after a year I finally received it. I was blown away. Everything about this vehicle is amazing. It held up like a beast. I received my Bronco on Dec 17th. Had surgery on Dec 21. I had only driven it a few days before I become a passenger due to my surgery. The surgery I had was serious and personal but to walk away from that crash with only 5 stitches is unheard of. God is good. Ford is tough and I will DEFINITELY be ordering another. I will keep everyone posted on the insurance and how they all turns out so everyone will know if anything like this happens to another Bronco Owner. I pray it doesn’t. Yes we really were going around 50 mph and it was down a mild hill. Not sure on the other car. Last minute swerve from my husband was an excellent decision due to my circumstances still healing from surgery. FORD has impressed me far above than I could have imagined. Man…. I loved my Bronco and can’t wait to get another. Impressive FORD super Impressive and job well done.

The Bronco's safety made sure the owners of this Bronco walked away to tell the story... hit head-on going 50mph by a Crown Victoria / Grand Marquis driven by an underaged drunk driver. Good thing Bronco driver swerved last second to avoid full complete head-on contact. The Bronco only had 300+ miles on it. The drunk driver received a cut to the head and was at least insured.

glad to know you are safe

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good to hear you are okay. Please keep us up to date on insurance value. Also if you are planning to keep an sell for parts I call dibs on the soft top 😳

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting to see the airbags deployed, and how that system works. I didn't realize that, while in separate pockets, the airbag is actually a whole side wall! Looks like a safe, well-designed vehicle.

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know, but it seems like a lot of Bronco’s are involved in accidents :cool:. Is this defect we haven’t discovered yet?

Glad you are ok!
Maybe it's the Area 51 colour
Sponsored