First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guy is gonna have to wait 17 months to get a replacement....
If it's totaled , yes, if not he will get a rental for a year while it's sitting outside a shop waiting for parts.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow...6 pages of comments, mostly about physics and how well the Bronco faired in this accident.

Someone died here, folks. Nothing else matters.
A lot of people are showing their ass in this thread.

Tasteless and not a good look, for the people or the forum.

Last edited:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very sad that she died.
Unfortunately for her, mass wins... always. You can lobby and advertise all you want about efforts to improve safety, but you can't change science...
The crazy thing is that Tesla might still weigh more than the Bronco. If not, I bet they are pretty dang close (since the Bronco isnt a featherweight.)

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
gotta keep them dudes trained up. For a long time fire depts were using water to put out mercs too. The magnesium engine blocks took great offense to this...

They learned, now most use foam when the incident involves a merc
Ask any Navy aircraft carrier sailor how to put out a Class Delta fire (burning metals, such as magnesium used in aircraft), and the answer is to jettison it over the side. No fast way to fight a Class D fire, that's how tough they are to deal with.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask any Navy aircraft carrier sailor how to put out a Class Delta fire (burning metals, such as magnesium used in aircraft), and the answer is to jettison it over the side. No fast way to fight a Class D fire, that's how tough they are to deal with.
I'm pretty sure that's just how they deal will all their problems. 🤣

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow...6 pages of comments, mostly about physics and how well the Bronco faired in this accident.

Someone died here, folks. Nothing else matters.
So very early this morning I wrote a lengthy reply regarding the "Gravity is a constant" discussion, because I was used as an example as "missing physics class" (LOL - nothing is further from the truth). My post delved into the simple, classic Newtonian physics equation of F=MA. With complete respect to the woman who was killed in the accident and the Bronco owner who seems to be a member of this Forum, I took my post down. Additionally, our fellow B6G Member must feel terrible for loss of the woman's life regardless of who is ultimately found at fault.

But the physics discussion is pertinent to the reasons the unfortunate woman lost her life. Regardless of the "mass vs. mass" discussion, physics and its sidebar academic field, Engineering, explain why the woman was sadly killed. Weight, speed, angle of collision, and area of impact between the Bronco and Tesla all matter in why the poor woman lost her life. Not to belabor it (which I did in my removed post this morning), but simply there was enough crash energy that reached the Tesla driver to cause her death. I don't think any of us who have discussed the physics and engineering of the incident are being obtuse about the loss of the woman's life.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
The crazy thing is that Tesla might still weigh more than the Bronco. If not, I bet they are pretty dang close (since the Bronco isnt a featherweight.)
Teslas weigh between 3648 - 4250. Most Broncos are around 5000.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will unavoidably lead to more accidents, with more people being injured or killed.
Yet, it hasn’t
Tell that to the family of the woman killed in this mishap, and to those otherwise affected by it.

That blood is on Elon Musk's hands.

OK, and the stupid woman who though she could get away with not paying attention to her driving. But you know that if she were driving an older vehicle, without any of these stupid and dangerous autonomous features, she'd still be alive.

Sponsored

BUCKNUT1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most cars are rated 5 stars including the Bronco Sport. Trucks usually don't do as well in crash tests, however they fair better in real world crashes. Weight is on your side! The bigger heavier vehicle is always at an advantage, something the crash tests don't measure. This is why the Crown Vic scored poorly in crash tests, but had one of the lowest fatality rates of any car.
Man I miss my Crown Vics.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tell that to the family of the woman killed in this mishap, and to those otherwise affected by it.

That blood is on Elon Musk's hands.

OK, and the stupid woman who though she could get away with not paying attention to her driving. But you know that if she were driving an older vehicle, without any of these stupid and dangerous autonomous features, she'd still be alive.
Older vehicles can crash too.

Unless you have extra details you don't have enough information to back your claims.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hydrogen as a fuel, has some serious problems of its own. It has great appeal to the ignorant, brainwashed environmentalist types, but I cannot ever see it achieving any broad practicality.
While I agree with you the irony of all of these 'alternative energy' sources is that there is no carbon reduction only carbon offset. So while we get rid of the pollution in our city cores by driving electric cars we will be creating a lot more pollution from the power plants (wherever clean energy isn't available) and most often these power plants reside near farms, water bodies, and other places we also don't want pollutants. Not too mention batteries are just not sustainable in any way shape or form. Perhaps in the distant future we will figure out how to fully recycle them and not have to mine extensively but I don't see that day.

I'm still fully onboard with fossil fuels. Until people stop shopping at Wal-mart, the dollar stores, and just buying plastic items in general including Teslas - fossil fuels are here to stay. Our governments however seem hell bent on electricity as if it will save the planet and hydrogen seems to be what will become mainstream eventually.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Older vehicles can crash too.

Unless you have extra details you don't have enough information to back your claims.
With an older vehicle, and even most newer ones, unless you are really, really, really stupid, you know that you have to pay attention to where you're driving it. There's no autonomous feature to give you a false and dangerous sense of being able to let the vehicle pay some of the attention that you really need to be paying.

I guess we won't even know for certain, but indications seem to be that that's what happened here, that this stupid woman thought she could trust her car to do the driving for her, and it failed to properly negotiate a simple curve that, if she was paying attention, she would have negotiated with no problem. As a result, she's dead, another person or two hospitalized, and two very expensive vehicles are destroyed.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With an older vehicle, and even most newer ones, unless you are really, really, really stupid, you know that you have to pay attention to where you're driving it. There's no autonomous feature to give you a false and dangerous sense of being able to let the vehicle pay some of the attention that you really need to be paying.

I guess we won't even know for certain, but indications seem to be that that's what happened here, that this stupid woman thought she could trust her car to do the driving for her, and it failed to properly negotiate a simple curve that, if she was paying attention, she would have negotiated with no problem. As a result, she's dead, another person or two hospitalized, and two very expensive vehicles are destroyed.
Do you not look around when you drive? I see people in "regular" vehicles not paying attention every single day even though they know they're supposed to. These vehicles have zero autonomy and rely solely on the driver.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.