First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would they not market this to their other off-road capable vehicles? I feel like they are painting themselves into a corner by 1) limiting itā€™s market to bronco owners. They should market it to any Ford, and in fact market it to non-ford owners too. You want a large user base for something like this.

otherwise ford accountants are going to see it as a cost center and kill it off in a few years.
The vehicle telemetry wouldnā€™t work, but im guessing every smartphone has enough accelerometers and sensors for a pretty good simulation.
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would they not market this to their other off-road capable vehicles? I feel like they are painting themselves into a corner by 1) limiting itā€™s market to bronco owners. They should market it to any Ford, and in fact market it to non-ford owners too. You want a large user base for something like this.

otherwise ford accountants are going to see it as a cost center and kill it off in a few years.
I agree, they could easily rebrand it for the ford bronco sport. But call it the ford mall app. Could take you to all the strip malls, regular malls, and even the black diamond level outlet stores. Have all the stores listed, food courts, restrooms. Handicap and valet parking pics. You could rate the mall, imagine all the new curated shopping centers near vacation spots in Orlando, Myrtle Beachā€¦. Hell, list buceeā€™s as waypoints from shopping center to shopping center.

jcampbelldds

Badlands
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, seemed like everything was working well. First time to use the app. We are out at the Bronco Off Road Connect at Escondido Draw Recreation Area. Recorded several videos. Timer was counting how long the videos were. Stopped the videos and selected to save the videos. Now I canā€™t find them anywhere??? Never saw telemetry on the video when we were recording. That sucks if everything is gone or if it actually never recorded anything. Nothing new shows in my feed.

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is likely due to you not being in good cell range. I experienced the same thing and then it worked once I had better signal. I think the app phones home" when it launches

Sponsored

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Android user
I found that after you push the camera icon and it prompts you to position phone, you agree to on screen prompt, then you hit the back button on screen. Now when you push the record button it begins recording your drive although not displaying anything but the time indicator. It is recording and will prompt you to save upon pressing stop. The file will be in your phone gallery, Bronco Trailapp folder

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find it funny that the app has trails through private land. I'm also still curious on who did these trails. In the pictures I sometimes see bronco sports, sometimes I see wildtracks, badlands, etc

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it funny that the app has trails through private land. I'm also still curious on who did these trails. In the pictures I sometimes see bronco sports, sometimes I see wildtracks, badlands, etc
The ones near me show a blue Ford Ranger - I assume they worked with somewhat-local folks to compile this. I doubt they just flew in an executive from Ford and said "Here's a truck - Go explore."

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of private landowners allow people to use their land for off-roading as long as they leave gates the way they found them and stay on trail and don't damage their property. I would assume that if the people who mapped and photographed these trails were allowed on-property, then so would the rest of the general public. Of course, landowners are free to change their minds, particularly if they feel their land isn't being respected.

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot of private landowners allow people to use their land for off-roading as long as they leave gates the way they found them and stay on trail and don't damage their property. I would assume that if the people who mapped and photographed these trails were allowed on-property, then so would the rest of the general public. Of course, landowners are free to change their minds, particularly if they feel their land isn't being respected.
Definitely. One "trail" in particular close to me I saw listed I was like oh weird I thought all that was posted so I never went. Drove up there yesterday and sure enough, still listed as no trespassing. Half of the mapped route is on a dirt county road before it goes onto that property so I'm wondering if they just missed the sign šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are we allowed to curate a paid private ORV park? Thereā€™s a nice one in the upstate of SC, there a way to mark it as private/pay trail?

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we tried it this weekend. I was a bit crushed by how it worked, or didnā€™t. The ā€œstuckā€ video seems to come from when you lock the phoneā€™s screen instead of leaving it up there just displaying ā€œlocked for your protectionā€ or whatever. I had read about the recordings being portrait, but that was fixed and so as a result the 3 minutes of 2 hours that actually did record is sideways.

I got the bronco trail app is not compatible with this vehicle error twice, rebooting didnā€™t help it, and then the app link was broken for the rest of the day.

Husband was super frustrated by it, I donā€™t think weā€™ll be using it much.

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, seemed like everything was working well. First time to use the app. We are out at the Bronco Off Road Connect at Escondido Draw Recreation Area. Recorded several videos. Timer was counting how long the videos were. Stopped the videos and selected to save the videos. Now I canā€™t find them anywhere??? Never saw telemetry on the video when we were recording. That sucks if everything is gone or if it actually never recorded anything. Nothing new shows in my feed.
I was at the Escondido Draw event as well. I was able to record several segments and they were saved to my Photos app on the iPhone. I had read previously to grant access to the camera and photos and then reboot, which I had done earlier. The resulting video was pretty coolā€¦I do wish it showed the graphics WHILE you drive as wellā€¦hopefully at some point. I used Gaia at the same time to record the route there too.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just set up the app today. So far it seems stable. Is there a way to change the map orientation to head up?

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried it today and was surprised it worked on a quick test.
Sponsored