Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Towing capacity was considered a big selling point in 93 as far as ford was concerned.

Clearly Ford's priorities have changed
For the Bronco? Yes, they have. For all of their other trucks? No, they have not.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not want to give up the broncos off road ability to get a bigger towing number.

The raptor has half the towing of the f150.
I want something for the trails. Lots of options if I wanted to tow.
For off road SUV's we have only bronco and wrangler.

I wonder if the corvette forms have lots of people wining about the corvette's towing capacity.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Gen 3, 4, and 5 Broncos were capable vehicles in their own right, but sure they were a different beast. They had truck payload, truck towing capacity, and a very stiff ride. But they were reliable, decent trail vehicles. They also had a surprisingly tight turning radius so I always found them easy to maneuver both on trails and in traffic. Really I have nothing bad to say about them except for being slow and using a lot of gas.

I'd expect the 4 door gen 6 bronco I will probably by to be more like the 3rd gen 4runner I used to own which was comfortable off road, but felt like riding a pogo stick on the highway. A good reliable(I hope) customizable, go anywhere vehicle.

This forum is clearly biased in favor of the new bronco design by virtue of "why else would you bother to post here". And it is also biased in favor of the gen1, gen 2, and Bronco II design by extension of how much more similar the concept is. A smaller vehicle will do better on narrower trails, a softer suspension will absorb more. The tradeoff is towing capacity which is frankly irrelevant to me, but some people have reason to care so I can understand the frustration.

I just thought it was interesting to point out that towing capacity used to be a major selling point for the Bronco compared to it's competition at the time. Ford's motivation is different now and that is good for the market, but it will disappoint some people. If I wanted something more like a 93 Bronco I'd probably just buy one of those instead.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Towing capacity was considered a big selling point in 93 as far as ford was concerned.

Clearly Ford's priorities have changed
But that model was also based off of a half-ton truck

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Careful, someone will point to the unibody LR Defender with a fixed top and doors, riding on airbags and spec’d to $80k and prove you wrong.

;)

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gen 2-5 Bronces were all based on the F-150. Ford discontinued the Bronco in favor of the Expedition. Ford was responding to the demand for a large 4-door SUV over a large 2-door. Earlier models of the Expedition were basically an F-150 with an enclosed rear instead of a truck bed.

Unlike the gen 1, the gen 2-5 were not Wrangler competitors while gen 1 and 6 are. Perhaps those looking for a large towing capacity should be considering the Expedition. After market mods can improve its offroad capabilities.

Ford Bronco Bronco v. Carnival 1618749868172

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just watched the Demuro video of the carnival. Damn I wish the Bronco 6G had a roomier interior. Road trips would be so much easier with a carnival.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugliest Interior I’ve ever seen.

could you imagine telling ANYONE you drive a “Carnival?” Stupid name.