Sponsored

Bronco Welcome Screen/Video raw/original file?

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently installed the "Magic Box / MMB" device. I'd like to switch from their default overly loud and slightly annoying intro screen and replace it was the factory welcome video when you open the Bronco... anyone know if this raw/original file is available anywhere?
Sponsored

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the Magic Box take over total control, so it's not just active through the car play?

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Magic Box take over total control, so it's not just active through the car play?
No - it runs through Car Play, but when it launches, it's loud and annoying, and I'd rather have a Bronco welcome screen instead of a redlining tachometer engine rev that's 3x louder than whatever audio I left it on....

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah gotcha. I saw this and another cheaper one. Seem to be good in the video I saw. How do you like it?

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 50/50 at this point. Every time I start the Bronco, it's about 1 min before I can do anything with the MMB screen, and the first thing I have to do every time is open my phone to the "personal hotspot" setting (hotspot is always on, but I have to be in that screen on my phone for the MMB to find it) and then go to "settings > wifi' on the MMB where it will then auto-join the hotspot. After that it works great.

Just not sure if I'll continue to use it that much because of the repetative start-up process.

The nice part is I can leave it plugged in, and if I don't want to use it I can tap on the "Phone List" button in the upper left corner of the Bronco screen and switch to my phone for the default/stock Apple CarPlay.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAJSands07

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla Model S 90D; 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recently installed the "Magic Box / MMB" device. I'd like to switch from their default overly loud and slightly annoying intro screen and replace it was the factory welcome video when you open the Bronco... anyone know if this raw/original file is available anywhere?
Quick question - does it say on the MMB device or box where it was made? Their customer service told me it was manufactured in the US but it was worded in a very weird way which makes me not trust them

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question - does it say on the MMB device or box where it was made? Their customer service told me it was manufactured in the US but it was worded in a very weird way which makes me not trust them
I'll take a look, but if I had to guess, I'd guess chi-com.

lynchy522

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm 50/50 at this point. Every time I start the Bronco, it's about 1 min before I can do anything with the MMB screen, and the first thing I have to do every time is open my phone to the "personal hotspot" setting (hotspot is always on, but I have to be in that screen on my phone for the MMB to find it) and then go to "settings > wifi' on the MMB where it will then auto-join the hotspot. After that it works great.

Just not sure if I'll continue to use it that much because of the repetative start-up process.

The nice part is I can leave it plugged in, and if I don't want to use it I can tap on the "Phone List" button in the upper left corner of the Bronco screen and switch to my phone for the default/stock Apple CarPlay.
Any audio lag. I got one for my last car and it was like watching kung fu movies -

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any audio lag. I got one for my last car and it was like watching kung fu movies -
No audio lag on my unit.

Also, yes, mine does say "MMB" on it - the top/front of the unit has a large clear plastic cover and the MMB logo is underneath that. No sign of where it was made.

Some updates:

I decided to pop for the Ford/AT&T in-car hotspot/wifi, since I have a boy who likes to be "connected" on longer drives. I set the MMB to the Bronco wifi, and that part works really great.

About 1/5 of the time I'll launch an app like YouTube or Netflix, it will start to boot, and then crash and revert to the MMB home screen. That app will not be able to relaunch unless I unplug the MMB, wait a couple seconds, and then plug it back in. I've found if I'm fairly religious in using the "clean up" app before I launch anything else, I don't have that problem nearly as often.

Cons:
1. There's no instant audio like there would be if you had left the radio on or if it was just a simple Bluetooth connection. CarPlay suffers from this delay too, but w/the MMB there's a whole boot-up process that takes a lot longer, even after the CarPlay connection is recognized.

2. You have to hit the "AGREE NOT TO DRIVE WHILE WATCHING VIDEOS" button after every boot up, and sometimes you can tap it immediately, and sometimes it's not responsive for 5 or 6 seconds while you keep tapping waiting for it to respond.

3. Because I have to unplug it often enough to either get it to connect or to restart the unit so an app will launch, I end up leaving it in the phone charging cubby under the dash. I'd much rather have it in the enclosed armrest and not have to mess with it, but then every time it bugged out I'd be digging through all that just to unplug/plug it.

4. While CarPlay now offers full screen, MMB's connection to CarPlay for some reason doesn't allow it. It would be great if it did.

Overall, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth, but there are certainly annoyances/minor headaches. There may be better options available now, almost a year later.

Being able to watch video is pretty nice though. Great for waiting for my wife or son while I'm chauffeuring and sitting in the parking lot.
Sponsored