First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
G.O.A.T. modes are marketeering bullshit. Lock everything and plant the right pedal.

For the most part, yes. They are mainly there for people that are new to offroading, allowing them to a select a mode relevant to the terrain they are on. However, sand and baja mode change the way the bronco shifts. Holds the revs higher and doesnt shift higher. Sand mode is one of my favorite modes on the bronco.
Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video is by Matt's Offroad Recovery. The Wildtrak did as well as, if not better than his Morrvair or Banana.

Go to 3:40 and 34:40 for video showing the Wildtrack.

I didn't finish the video but that looked like quicksand! LOLOLOL

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the most part, yes. They are mainly there for people that are new to offroading, allowing them to a select a mode relevant to the terrain they are on. However, sand and baja mode change the way the bronco shifts. Holds the revs higher and doesnt shift higher. Sand mode is one of my favorite modes on the bronco.
Mine is a Manuel Thee Tranny; I routinely hold shifts longer!!!
Anyone seen the Nissan Rogue? Hundai? Some mini SUV commercial where the guy is on concrete, about to drive thru a leetle puddle, and switches some traction control thingie?
Gimme a three hour break!!!

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

G.O.A.T. modes are marketeering bullshit. Lock everything and plant the right pedal.
Absolutely incorrect. Goat mode change all sorts of parameters. Just to give an example, if using cruise control and eco mode, set the acceleration to resume is much slower than normal.

Love how people say goat modes don't do anything yet the first thing they do is add sports mode.... Guess you could just put 4A on and call it good??

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just watched this and was convinced the Bronco was gonna struggle. Call me wrong and very impressed. My 2.3 manual would not likely do as well, but with some work and the performance tune, maybe.

The rest of the video was pretty much a hot mess start to finish. Honestly, my perspective; a bit disappointed. So many little fixable things wrong with the vehicles, and the SWAE Porsche was 100% not in its element. I guess it's impressive they made it, but they spent the entire day going up that obstacle, which is no small effort.
I have never been to Sand Hollow, but my 7mt performed VERY well on Silver Lake sand dunes! There's a little technique to it, but it felt pretty natural right away. Basically it's a question of using the right gear...no way you can shift, you lose too much momentum, that and hammering down at the right point. If the 2.3 is in it's "butter zone" when it's climbing the hill, there's not much that can stop it!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...dunes-bronco-takeover-2023.78916/post-2009248

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently Matt didn’t want to give the Bronco too much credit. In the follow up video when they got the wrecker out, he stated that dragging the Porsche up smoothed the ruts out and made it easier for the Bronco.
Regardless, the Bronco ruled the day. Pretty good for a stock Wildtrak on 37’s with a lift.

OP
OP
CalvinT

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the video where they get the wrecker out. Watch it and you'll see the Bronco did better than the wrecker.

Sponsored