Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went out to those Sand Hollow dunes in my 4dr Badlands, but my kid was at a soccer event and I was by myself, too chicken to venture deep into the sand without other vehicles or recovery gear.

I always wondered - what do you think Matt charges for a recovery like that Bronco in the dunes?

He does a lot for free. I just watched that episode this morning. He tried to tell the guy on the phone how to get out but he didn't understand and got himself stuck. Pretty brave with those stock tires. And now I see your name so I'm sure you are more aware of Matt than I even am. lol
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree...having watched most of his videos you get a sense that over time he is giving away freebie tows more and more often, probably because he is happy to be using them for content, and with getting a million views per video he is making way more from that then the tow itself.
This. I don't think anyone in a video gets charged.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This. I don't think anyone in a video gets charged.
They do. I live about 5 minutes from Matts yard. A tech at my job got his truck buried in the mud at Sand Hollow, and Matt quoted him $150 for the job...Matt wound up having to work for it, and Rudy had to come out too. Matt honored the $150 quote though. All filmed and put on Youtube.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do. I live about 5 minutes from Matts yard. A tech at my job got his truck buried in the mud at Sand Hollow, and Matt quoted him $150 for the job...Matt wound up having to work for it, and Rudy had to come out too. Matt honored the $150 quote though. All filmed and put on Youtube.
Recently or a while ago? They never show anyone paying that I’ve seen.

Sponsored

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh man, those were the Stock Duelers? They're ok on-road, but not confident at all off-pavement. Still ballsy to try. Maybe a tad naive too :LOL:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just cuz they don’t show the payment on camera doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. He has the name and phone number, and in some cases he has the keys. He’s getting paid. Don’t forget, he’s also using their insurance for roadside/or off-road assistance because he recently got busted for insurance fraud. He’s getting paid by the customer, then he’s getting paid by YouTube

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That dude's recovery/traction boards around 4:30 were interesting......literally looked like boards

Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recall there was a q&a video that Matt put out a while ago discussing payment. He was asked how much he charges and responded that it depends on the job and other variables. Never said an amount, but noted he intentionally doesn’t film the payments being processed. There is also an option to buy the shirts as well.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Such a cool channel. And seem like good folks. Matt did get himself in a bit of hot water with state or Feds. Guess he was telling people to submit claims to AAA for recovery and someone somewhere thought it was fraudulent. Not sure how it all turned out but was a local story in Utah.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like a super nice guy.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Awesome video and channel. I would pay him no matter what. Cracks me up people pay 5-10-20k over for a Bronco and then bitch to pay a tow😂
Sponsored