Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - Badlands - Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simply amazing video! How often did you actually need 4wd?
On these 3 trails... I think I just left it in 4A the whole time so that it would engage if I needed it. Honestly, you can probably do these ones in 2H the whole way, though there are some areas (especially on the Font's Point trail that have patches of deep sand). A friend of mine has gotten his F-150 stuck in deep sand up to the doors on a trail just adjacent to Fish Creek, and he had to dig out and use recovery boards. I also air down to around 20 PSI to smooth out the ride, prevent flats, add traction, and have more surface area for going over the sand.
Sponsored

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! I recognize that camping spot as well.

I finally got my Bronco a few weeks ago and have been itching to get it out, thinking of heading out there for a quick day trip for some fun.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's an awesome video. I'll have to link to that when I try to describe to people what I do with mine. Great job!

OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's an awesome video. I'll have to link to that when I try to describe to people what I do with mine. Great job!
Haha! That’s awesome. Much appreciated! That’s exactly why I want to make these videos. Because I can’t explain to people what it is that I do out in the middle of nowhere.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great video, I really enjoyed it. What hitch mounted setup are you using? Looks nicely tucked up behind the spare.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video, I really enjoyed it. What hitch mounted setup are you using? Looks nicely tucked up behind the spare.
Thanks; I appreciate that!

The rack is a rucRak. And it actually mounts to the tire carrier rather than the hitch. However, it has a support bar that mounts to the trailer hitch, and the rack has little feet on it that rest on the bar when the gate is closed. This displaces some of the weight onto the trailer hitch rather than the carrier. I’ve taken it on a half dozen or so trips so far, and I really like it. It’s very versatile in what it can do. I’ll be making a review video on it in the near future and I’ll make sure to post that on the forums here.

Reactions: DEC
OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you driven Coyote Canyon down from Anza? If not give it a try as it was a great run when I did it years ago.
I have not. Though I was just checking that trail out on TrailsOffroad over the weekend. My old college buddy is flying out in a couple of weeks and I may take him out there for a night. That trail is on the list of potentials. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sponsored

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video! Spent a long weekend down there exploring many years ago. Really fun place with a few different types of wheeling opportunities. Need to get back down there some time.

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished editing a video of a last-minute trip that my wife, 2 dogs, and '21 Badlands made down to Anza Borrego the day after Christmas. While we only spent one night down there, it was a near-perfect trip. We saw the most epic sunrise of my life, and hit some canyons that were reminiscent of Star Wars or Indiana Jones. We did 10+ off-road adventures in the Bronco during 2022, and I think this little one-nighter was my favorite.

Hope you enjoy the video! I plan on creating many more over this next year. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Dogs-badlands.jpg

1678236095147.png

1678236161011.png
AWESOME trip, and congrats on the new job!!!

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sounds awesome! Keep me posted on how that trip goes.
We camped at Sheep Canyon Campground the weekend of the 11th/12th of March (which is just a short diversion from Coyote Canyon proper). Rain started up within an hour of establishing camp and it poured for about 4-5 hours, then the wind howled at a sustained 30-40mph for the rest of the weekend. Not your typical Borrego weather, but I was surprised by how many other "sufferers" were out there. Likely because it was wildflower season, and the show was pretty nice. Saturday we drove up to Middle Willows where the trail ends, then hiked another couple miles of the canyon. Coyote Creek was flowing quite well and at times we had to just straddle it to make progress. Eventually the canyon opens up...really beautiful up there. We fell about a mile or two short of hiking across to the southern terminus of the road down from Anza, but enjoyed the day out in the mild temp (despite the strong breezes). I definitely want to check out the northern road now.

Sunday morning (12th) the winds finally started to subside, and we had a beautiful 80-degree day to pack up and drive out, check out the main wildflower fields, and even stop in town to take in the Plein Air Art Exhibit. We love weekends in Borrego, no matter what Mother Nature has in mind!
Ford Bronco Incredible canyons and desert sunrises off-roading in Anza Borrego desert (Video) IMG_3322
Ford Bronco Incredible canyons and desert sunrises off-roading in Anza Borrego desert (Video) IMG_1150

Ford Bronco Incredible canyons and desert sunrises off-roading in Anza Borrego desert (Video) IMG_1158

Ford Bronco Incredible canyons and desert sunrises off-roading in Anza Borrego desert (Video) IMG_1159

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Horse Adventures

Pale Horse Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, those pictures are great!
We camped at Sheep Canyon Campground the weekend of the 11th/12th of March (which is just a short diversion from Coyote Canyon proper). Rain started up within an hour of establishing camp and it poured for about 4-5 hours, then the wind howled at a sustained 30-40mph for the rest of the weekend. Not your typical Borrego weather, but I was surprised by how many other "sufferers" were out there. Likely because it was wildflower season, and the show was pretty nice. Saturday we drove up to Middle Willows where the trail ends, then hiked another couple miles of the canyon. Coyote Creek was flowing quite well and at times we had to just straddle it to make progress. Eventually the canyon opens up...really beautiful up there. We fell about a mile or two short of hiking across to the southern terminus of the road down from Anza, but enjoyed the day out in the mild temp (despite the strong breezes). I definitely want to check out the northern road now.

Sunday morning (12th) the winds finally started to subside, and we had a beautiful 80-degree day to pack up and drive out, check out the main wildflower fields, and even stop in town to take in the Plein Air Art Exhibit. We love weekends in Borrego, no matter what Mother Nature has in mind!
Ford Bronco Incredible canyons and desert sunrises off-roading in Anza Borrego desert (Video) IMG_1159

Wow, those pictures are great! Thanks for following up on your trip. Awesome that you were able to catch the wildflower bloom.
Sponsored