First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally picked up my Bronco today for the child proof latch recall on the rear doors and the windshield. I dropped off on Monday and picked up this morning, the latch recall took more time than expected. They had to order new parts to get to successfully pass inspection. Service Manager Calle me this morning, and said if I want to have windshield recall done, it would be another 6-7 days (next week Wednesday). Nope I will wait. Going out of town in October for a week, so will probably schedule it then. He said they had to send Bronco to glass dealer (Local vendor they use) and that it takes 2-3 days for the glass to "cure" and "adhere" properly. He did say they would not be replacing the windshield, they will put the current OEM one back in. Oh, and he said Ford policy is loaner car for 1 day for this work (told him that did not make any sense since the work could take any were from 4-6 days). Cannot be without vehicle that long and no loaner.
Actually the recall states: “Your dealer is authorized to provide a rental vehicle for your personal transportation at no charge (except for fuel and insurance) while your vehicle is at the dealership for repairs. Please see your dealer for guidelines and limitations.”

I see no Ford Policy stating only one day.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The physical recall also states’ “The time needed for this repair is less than one-half day.”

My dealer quoted “a MINIMUM of 2 days”….. So, I can only assume they are sandbagging Ford and accomplishing this work with “fill in” labor which is already billed out to someone.

glazsmn31

Big Bend
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Guess my installer was an amateur or I'm unlucky because they broke mine without a replacement available.
That sucks ,I broke a mach e when I first started the recalls but they had them in stock. My supplier stocks the bronco windshields though .
Sponsored