First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which dealership? I’m also in GA and would also like to make sure a backup is waiting on hand
My dealer is Ford of Dalton in Dalton georgia. The service manager told me yesterday that they had already replaced 1 other bronco windshield. They do not do it in house but at a nearby glass company.
Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In software development there's this thing called "regression bugs"--bugs that arise as a side effect/unintended consequence of fixing another bug and then you're chasing your tail. I'm concerned that whoever reseals the windshield will create some other problem in the process, or they just won't do it correctly. I haven't seen any stats on how many windshields are actually popping out under what circumstances and I feel we need this data. Is the risk higher than the chance of monkey pox?

Going to sit on this one for a bit, watch the Forum, call my dealer and a few others, and talk to a couple of ace mechanics & body shops we use.

glazsmn31

Big Bend
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not a new windshield, just new adhesive. No way I'm taking it to a dealer for this. If the windshield falls out during an mva, that's the least of my worries. Seatbelts are there for a reason.
Seat belts keep you away from the windshield. Heck the 66-early 69 broncos even had a hood latch so you could drive around with the windshield down lol.
I own an auto glass business and have done at least 15 broncos/ rangers so far. The most of your worries should be if it's not taken care of a few things can happen,the ws is structural in today's New cars and if it ends up on its roof,the glass will actually add support to the a pillars. Not installed properly could cause it to come out and the a pillars would give in causing the front part of a roof collapse crushing your head. 2nd the ps air bag is designed to hit the windshield first when it's deployed giving the bag support as the occupants head hits it. Not properly bonded will blow the windshield out and not give the bag the proper support when it's hit with a head or whole body. I've actually seen this demonstrated and it's all true....but hey ,it's the least of your worries right?

glazsmn31

Big Bend
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the issue really is availability of windshields from Ford. When my Bronco came in last week, they had ordered in advance a new windshield in case the factory one broke during removal. My sales rep said the glass was on "QC hold", so they did not have a spare windshield. The glazer they use was good and didn't break the factory glass; out of 9 or so, he's just lost one piece of glass.
I've broke non , these wire out pretty easily.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own an auto glass business and have done at least 15 broncos/ rangers so far. The most of your worries should be if it's not taken care of a few things can happen,the ws is structural in today's New cars and if it ends up on its roof,the glass will actually add support to the a pillars. Not installed properly could cause it to come out and the a pillars would give in causing the front part of a roof collapse crushing your head. 2nd the ps air bag is designed to hit the windshield first when it's deployed giving the bag support as the occupants head hits it. Not properly bonded will blow the windshield out and not give the bag the proper support when it's hit with a head or whole body. I've actually seen this demonstrated and it's all true....but hey ,it's the least of your worries right?
I've seen dozens of air bag deployments and worked dozens of mva's, I didn't make any of my comments while being uneducated about the topic.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it looks like I missed this recall by a few days 🤘

sorry for those affected

glazsmn31

Big Bend
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've seen dozens of air bag deployments and worked dozens of mva's, I didn't make any of my comments while being uneducated about the topic.
Well I'm just going by 25 years experience in the business with Dow & Dupont certifications in fmvss airbag deployment, structural integrity and rollover . Today's cars aren't cars from the 70s.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I'm just going by 25 years experience in the business with Dow & Dupont certifications in fmvss airbag deployment, structural integrity and rollover . Today's cars aren't cars from the 70s.
I never claimed they were, I'm current on my auto-extrication as well.

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine and buddies got done the same day at same shop. After recall I had no issues. He had a huge leak on the windshield that filled his floor up. So it’s not at all confidence inspiring….

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a screw up with Safelite replacing my glass with aftermarket and not OEM glass and it only took a week to get it. This was only two weekends ago., so i'm not sure what the deal is with getting glass.

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Literally picked up my Bronco today for the child proof latch recall on the rear doors and the windshield. I dropped off on Monday and picked up this morning, the latch recall took more time than expected. They had to order new parts to get to successfully pass inspection. Service Manager Calle me this morning, and said if I want to have windshield recall done, it would be another 6-7 days (next week Wednesday). Nope I will wait. Going out of town in October for a week, so will probably schedule it then. He said they had to send Bronco to glass dealer (Local vendor they use) and that it takes 2-3 days for the glass to "cure" and "adhere" properly. He did say they would not be replacing the windshield, they will put the current OEM one back in. Oh, and he said Ford policy is loaner car for 1 day for this work (told him that did not make any sense since the work could take any were from 4-6 days). Cannot be without vehicle that long and no loaner.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco was delivered to the dealer Tues evening. They sent it out today for the recall and just called to to say its finished and ready to go. I work 730-530 tomorrow but my boss is gonna let me leave about 3 or 4.
Sponsored