Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my dealership and they said when I bring it in that it could take a week to get it done but that they would give me a loaner. But if they break it when they remove it, it could be a month or more to get it replaced! I made an appointment, but I've decided to hell with that, I'll take the chance of it popping out in an accident! Gonna cancel tomorrow.
I know the wait would suck, but getting the windshield replaced is the right thing to do. just saying....
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had it done. I was supposed to take delivery on 7/13, they called me very last minute (1 hr before my delivery appoinment) and said they could not deliver it due to the recall. Pushed it back to 7/20 to allow time to complete the repair. My dealer was horrible, disorganized and generally clueless, but still got it done in a week, and my guess is that Bronco glass was the limiting factor here. To my knowledge this would require OEM glass. No substitutes allowed, so there is only one source, and as with all things now, things just take longer than they used to for oh so many reasons.
The recall does not require new glass.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
0 chance in hell I'm dropping the thing off at the dealer with an open ended complete date with all the issues and delays this thing had.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lucked out in that I took possession of my Bronco several days before the recall became official.

Now, I’ll be brutally honest and say that I do not want the dealer (a large high volume dealer in Houston) …. touching the vehicle. I left out the F word…. Removing and re-gluing the windshield should take less than one day. I’m headed in to the dealer tomorrow to talk to them about this issue and their time frame and spare windshields. A smart dealer would try to schedule several vehicles together.

Vonblixen

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

0 chance in hell I'm dropping the thing off at the dealer with an open ended complete date with all the issues and delays this thing had.
This. Will wait for supply of replacement windshields to stabilize.
Have no desire to drive mini car loaner.

Sponsored
First Name
TONY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD TRAN CONNECT VAN, 75 BRICKLIN, 89 MB 560SL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco arrived at my dealer over a week ago but they are not allowing it to be released do to the windshield recall. Has anyone had the recall completed on their Bronco? And why does it take so long to have the window reinstalled. My dealer only advised that they are working hard to get the recall completed
I was able to get mine taken care of in less than 6 hrs . Dealership had a sublet that had replaced Bronco windshields. Very fortunate , made appt one day and next day it was repaired.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So not sure if anyone has seen this but my recall notice on my Ford account disappeared. I got a letter in the mail and an email recently. Even my Ford account showed I was under a recall. Looked today and it's gone. Also not showing on the KBB site. Amazing as I've had this thing since May. Did someone sneak in and replace it?

Last edited:

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So not sure if anyone has seen this but my recall notice on my Ford account disappeared. I got a letter in the mail and an email recently. Even my Ford account showed I was under a recall. Looked today and it's done. Also not showing on the KBB site. Amazing as I've had this thing since May. Did someone sneak in and replace it?
I’m seeing this showing up more and more.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yup just takes about half a day to do. but they need to sub contract a window repair guy to come in to do it. chances are it'll take the dealership a few days to get someone (like safelite for example) to come to the dealership to do the uninstall and reinstall. they don't replace your windshield if you're wondering. I just scheduled my recall ahead of time to make sure the glass repair guy showed up and then dropped it off and picked it up the next morning. quick and easy.

regarding the child safety locks however...IF there is a faulty part regarding that... all the dealership can do is flag it that it needs to be fixed. the dealerships do not have the parts needed to actually fix that nor can they easily get it.

Kaumi808

Base
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost 4 weeks been waiting for my bronco my dealer won't tell me anything yet and talked to ford for updates still nothing....

Sponsored

Cokeman1959

Black Diamond
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recieved my recall letter for the windshield on monday. Called the dealership and the service manager said that the way they handled it was by ordering a new windshield replacement. When asked if it was the exact same OEM windshield he said yes. Service manager said a week to 2 weeks for delivery and then they would schedule me in. I have chips in my windshield so if he knows what he is talking about then that is good. He sent the order over to parts while I was on the phone with him. We shall see.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a bit confused on dealers ordering new windshields for this re-call. How do they charge them off? What happens if the windshield doesn't break and they are stuck with a windshield? It's not like they need an inventory of them, they don't don't do glasswork anyway.

The re-call paperwork I received specifically states the vehicle is safe to drive. Personally I'm waiting for supply chain issues to work themselves out.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the wait would suck, but getting the windshield replaced is the right thing to do. just saying....
Re-call specifically states the car is safe to drive.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the recall letter last week. I am a little reluctant to bring it in- given how backed up dealerships are with work, leaving it for whatever number of days, etc. I am not sure whether or not they will have Safelite or other glass company do it or do it in their own body shop. It took so long to the Bronco, I don't want it out of my possession.....but it's the right thing to do.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recieved my recall letter for the windshield on monday. Called the dealership and the service manager said that the way they handled it was by ordering a new windshield replacement. When asked if it was the exact same OEM windshield he said yes. Service manager said a week to 2 weeks for delivery and then they would schedule me in. I have chips in my windshield so if he knows what he is talking about then that is good. He sent the order over to parts while I was on the phone with him. We shall see.
Which dealership? I’m also in GA and would also like to make sure a backup is waiting on hand
Sponsored