Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So i just took possession of my bronco this weekend and of course it rained ALL day today so i didn’t go out. Anyway before i got my vehicle if i saw someone with one I’d hesitantly venture towards them if they were coming out or in the parking lot to their car. I’d ask how they like it how long it took to get etc . And with that i was still Leary cause it’s a stranger and i wouldn’t want to be imposing on them. So with these “gifts” I’m like OP I’m too OCD and I’ll be parking further away in the shopping centers and honestly wouldn’t touch anyone else’s vehicle putting a trinket on their door handle. I guess if i got one myself and saw it I’d first check the door make sure it wasn’t scratched lol., but i wouldn’t feel offended it’s a nice feeling knowing someone appreciated the look of my new ride 🙌🏼
Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s nothing you can do…. The whole thing is stupid and a result of “Chick Think”.

And I can prove this: All 3 times it happened to me (2 w/Jeep, 1 w/Bronco), the writing on the tag was OBVIOUSLY of a chick. There’s no way a guy started this phenomenon.
Not sure who really started the "ducking" thing but Quadratec made it popular in 2020 with there 30th anniversary Sale. I think I had about 12 ducks on my JK from Fall 2020 to spring 2021

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bucked / Ducked how to stop it? F1EBB44E-936E-45BE-AB29-543BE69E797E

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Messing with someone else’s stuff is not a compliment. Keep your hands and your stuff to yourself. Very simple stuff here.

Putting a small rubber duck on a bumper or cowl of a bronco is messing with it ? I'm not a duck proponent except on a plate with a nice plum sauce, but I wouldn't define that as "messing" With peoples stuff. It's pretty harmless, and I doubt people are putting grit bottomed ducks on peoples hoods so they get scratched.

Unknown.jpeg

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Putting a small rubber duck on a bumper or cowl of a bronco is messing with it ? I'm not a duck proponent except on a plate with a nice plum sauce, but I wouldn't define that as "messing" With peoples stuff. It's pretty harmless, and I doubt people are putting grit bottomed ducks on peoples hoods so they get scratched.

Ford Bronco Bucked / Ducked how to stop it? Unknown
Just because you don't respect yours or other's peoples stuff doesn't mean the rest of don't.

Why people can't keep their hands and their crap to themselves is just an odd thing to support.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

14 pages and counting, THAT is what pisses me off. People take the time on here to shoot and post cool rock crawling videos or post trip journals with several paragraphs and 20 pics and they get like 2-3 pages of comments max. Then there is this complete ridiculousness that gets 14 pages of comments. I know I'm a hypocrite for this comment but come on!

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
14 pages and counting, THAT is what pisses me off. People take the time on here to shoot and post cool rock crawling videos or post trip journals with several paragraphs and 20 pics and they get like 2-3 pages of comments max. Then there is this complete ridiculousness that gets 14 pages of comments. I know I'm a hypocrite for this comment but come on!
Your right when is this Madness going to end?

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t touch other people’s stuff, whether it’s harmless or not. We’re told from a young age to keep our hands to ourselves.

But again, some people just love putting their hands on others or their things. Very, very strange trait.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think even non-duckers, of which I’m part, would agree that no damage is done to the vehicle. In all my posts, I never claimed damage was done. I’m just saying: Let’s keep our hands to ourselves.

This urge to touch or handle other people, or their property, is so strange to me. But what’s even more strange is the people who advocate for this behavior. What’s the upside to that? It reminds me of this current phenomenon of exposing children to drag queens…. What is there to be gained, because I can see the downside?

Sponsored

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think even non-duckers, of which I’m part, would agree that no damage is done to the vehicle. In all my posts, I never claimed damage was done. I’m just saying: Let’s keep our hands to ourselves.

This urge to touch or handle other people, or their property, is so strange to me. But what’s even more strange is the people who advocate for this behavior. What’s the upside to that? It reminds me of this current phenomenon of exposing children to drag queens…. What is there to be gained, because I can see the downside?

It's pretty simple, the "upside" is that other than a handful of grumpy old people who hate the world , joy is exchanged. The vast majority of people will receive the joy and obviously the person doing it enjoyed doing it. It certainly is not immoral behavior like you're discussing.

I get it some people just hate the world and everyone in it but logically you have to understand you're in the minority. You should a least accept that.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's pretty simple, the "upside" is that other than a handful of grumpy old people who hate the world , joy is exchanged. The vast majority of people will receive the joy and obviously the person doing it enjoyed doing it. It certainly is not immoral behavior like you're discussing.

I get it some people just hate the world and everyone in it but logically you have to understand you're in the minority. You should a least accept that.

THAT escalated quickly...

KenM

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV Ram Prospector, Bronco, HD RG & Pan America
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's like politics - you're never going to change the other side's opinion. So the best option is just don't touch someone else's stuff. Just because you think it's fun doesn't give license to ignore boundaries. Just my 2...
I was reading about this same topic on a FB page today. A guy commented seemingly endorsing that very behavior talking about his buddy drawing a weapon on a lady & her daughter because he walked up on them leaving a duck or buck on his Bronco. His buddy allegedly felt threatened and needed to protect his property. 🤦🏻‍♂️

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yeah…. No.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont understand why they think it is so "cool" and it just is kind of silly. those who like it so much typically have a bunch of stuffed animals and trinkets and stuff like that on their dashboards and stickers all over the back with goofy sayings. You think they are trying to recruit you a club of some sort? a cult or something?
Sponsored