Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sorry forget no it did not have upper control arms

Cool, most level kits are 2.5 and under, then there are UCA lifts that are more than level kits but not as much as a full blown lift kit. (knuckles and crossmember drops)

Ford Bronco Budget lift using info from 2019 Ranger and 2018 Rubicon lift/level 1609546498074

BDS kit for the new Ranger 3.5 .............spacers, UCA's, shackles (rear leaf spring) and brackets to lower the front diff a bit to correct cv angles.

When you said 3" I was thinking maybe it was something like this.

OP
OP
Draykas

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, most level kits are 2.5 and under, then there are UCA lifts that are more than level kits but not as much as a full blown lift kit. (knuckles and crossmember drops)

Ford Bronco Budget lift using info from 2019 Ranger and 2018 Rubicon lift/level 1609546498074

BDS kit for the new Ranger 3.5 .............spacers, UCA's, shackles (rear leaf spring) and brackets to lower the front diff a bit to correct cv angles.

When you said 3" I was thinking maybe it was something like this.
I did look at these but went with budget option to keep cost down. I am very happy with it

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you zoom in, you can see that the front is 1 1/2" lower than the rear.

A 1" front puck is all this would really need for day to day practicality.

A 1" puck on the Sasquatch would let you remove the 0.4" (IIRC???) bigger front bump stops.

Also, since the 315/70R17 tires actually measure 34 1/2" tall.
The leveling pucks would let you run true 35" tires too.

-------

Kits that put the lift in the front and rear are, by definition, lift kits.
Not leveling kits.

While I agree that puck lift kits are ghetto, buying new front springs to get rid of 1 1/2" of body rake, is not cost effective. IMHO
Kind of missed the point there. The suspension is set up that way for a reason. Load. Since the engine is in the front people, dogs, groceries, big speakers, recovery gear, camping gear, and coolers full of beverages dont have much affect on the front springs but they have alot of affect on the rear springs. The rear is higher so that when you put any load up to its gvwr, which includes gasoline and people, the rear of the vehicle doesnt sag causing different handling, affecting caster and creating driving characteristics that is less than what the manufacturer considered optimal. So it may affect the way your vehicle behaves in emergency situations. Also most people who put leveling kits in do not level their headlights and blind me while driving making me flash my brights at them because I thing they have theirs on. Happens just about every time I drive after dark atleast once.

I am all for suspension modifications, cheap or expensive I dont care. The best ones just cost you welding materials. But lifting just the front so it looks a certain way while its sitting empty, is in my opinion laughable, irresponsible, and potentially dangerous. The front up stance is just looks sad to me, if anything I prefer the rear up like an animal ready to attack.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kind of missed the point there. The suspension is set up that way for a reason. Load. Since the engine is in the front people, dogs, groceries, big speakers, recovery gear, camping gear, and coolers full of beverages dont have much affect on the front springs but they have alot of affect on the rear springs. The rear is higher so that when you put any load up to its gvwr, which includes gasoline and people, the rear of the vehicle doesnt sag causing different handling, affecting caster and creating driving characteristics that is less than what the manufacturer considered optimal. So it may affect the way your vehicle behaves in emergency situations. Also most people who put leveling kits in do not level their headlights and blind me while driving making me flash my brights at them because I thing they have theirs on. Happens just about every time I drive after dark atleast once.

I am all for suspension modifications, cheap or expensive I dont care. The best ones just cost you welding materials. But lifting just the front so it looks a certain way while its sitting empty, is in my opinion laughable, irresponsible, and potentially dangerous. The front up stance is just looks sad to me, if anything I prefer the rear up like an animal ready to attack.

Plenty prefer looks over function.
If only they could see what they look like going down the road with a load though. A dog dragging it's ass is what I'm always reminded of.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed 100%. If (when B/C inevitable) I swap to an aftermarket suspension setup I plan to maintain a little rake.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even when I travel by myself, I rarely travel light. After all, the point is not just to drive around, but to do something once you get there. I usually end up having to add lift to the rear to accommodate for all my gear. If my vehicle is sitting level empty, it's no good loaded.
Sponsored