Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this as well. I view these air deflectors as a wear and tear item that will need to be replaced at some point.
Why would it need replaced? Are you going to replace the flares too? Pretty much the same material. If it was the clear or colored lexan, I'd agree. But this material should last the life of the Bronco.
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I installed on both my BRaptor and Wildtrak. I did apply PPF to the area from underground graphics before placing it down. The adhesive seems to stick a bit better to the PPF and if I ever wanted to remove it would be easy peasy.

As far as the effectiveness... It DOES cut down on the bugs that make it to the windshield. I cant say much about rocks but my windshield is still in tact.

One thing I noticed is that with my top off passengers in the back seat dont get blasted by as much air. I have had numerous passengers tell me this including the kiddos.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would it need replaced? Are you going to replace the flares too? Pretty much the same material. If it was the clear or colored lexan, I'd agree. But this material should last the life of the Bronco.
It might last. It might not. Sure the sun would blast it with UV the same as the fender flares, I just didn't think of putting much faith in a $70 plastic accessory. A roll of PPF is pretty cheap too.

The Mountain Man

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedition, 15 Jetta TDI, 12 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one and I think it looks good and works well. Get up to speed and hit your windshield washer. You‘ll see how much it affects the airflow at the windshield.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about water getting under it and hazing/rusting the paint? Car washes ok?

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about water getting under it and hazing/rusting the paint? Car washes ok?
Not an issue. The tape has gaps to let the water out. The hood is not going to rust or corrode if it has paint on it. Possibly the paint can fade and be darker under the deflector though. Same can be said of PPF when the entire body is not covered.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got one from Ford using points. I have had it for several months and have not installed it yet. Has everyone waited the 72 hours to let the tape cure? I should get mine installed.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got one from Ford using points. I have had it for several months and have not installed it yet. Has everyone waited the 72 hours to let the tape cure? I should get mine installed.
I did not, I drove it the same day.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not, I drove it the same day.
Thanks I was figuringdo it in the Am and drive it the next day. I have used 3M tape on presvious vehicles and never waited for any more than one day to drive after installing accessories.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My instructions say 24 hours, 72 for a car wash. Better to be a bit warmer too than cold.

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMG_3724.jpeg
I just added the same to mine. It looks good or at least I think it does.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Aluminum does not rust (your hood).... If you want the 3M VHB to set well and cure quickly, after applying hit the back side (from the driver not bumper) with a heat gun or at least a hair dryer. get the hood aluminum warm/hot.... then press down firmly again especially over areas that have the VHB and then let it cool. You should be good to go. Applying VHB in cold weather needs to be done with a heat gun and a lot of pressure (just your hand and weight into it).

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like mine

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed mine, it did keep bottom 2/3rds of window clean but for me I could not handle the newly introduced wind popping it created. Less than 50 miles I removed and installed one without the upper lip(hump). Doesn’t do a whole lot for windshield but does protect front of hood which was my main concern anyway.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a POG to off roading. Minimal mods made. Curious about the bug shield for hood protection. Guy at the dealer mentioned that it has scratch his hood. Pain to remove. Not functional just looks good. Any comments, suggestions appreciated. I know Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMG_3724.jpeg
It’s very functional. I rarely have much hit my windshield. No issues here and no reason to remove at this time.
Sponsored