Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Late May.....

"Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process."
Excellent news, not only because horse placenta is often used in ultra high-grade leather conditioners. I'm assuming Ford will be using the Bronco births to condition their leather interiors.

Not sure Bronco leather is high enough quality to demand those grades of conditioner but it's nice to know it's available.
Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on what we are hearing about Webasto, I really have no idea how in a couple weeks from now they could not only estimate how many MIC tops could be produced by YE, but also assign an estimated build date (even if that was to the month). Its going to be really interesting how they approach this. I foresee continued emails for the next few months as they work through this. It's either that, or they simply take a stance by end of May and assign ~60k builds across demo/priority/FE(mics)/some WTs(mics)/soft tops, and tell almost every other MIC top guy that they will be a 2022...which would be really bad optics for Ford. So probably the former approach, to leave everyone somewhat hopeful, while they pray Webasto picks up production month over month
I'm 100% this. Thanks for typing it. I think that they expected to be clear with the Webasto supply numbers at this point and would have been able to provide decent forecasts if that had held true. I think they are, as you said, managing optics until the MIC problem is in hand.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Late May.....

"Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process."
Think we all missed the fine print that ford put

"Everything we said above is complete shit. We at ford can not believe that there are still people that believe the crap we say. Sometimes we just sit around the boardroom coming up with bullshit memos to send to the dealers"

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure Bronco leather is high enough quality to demand those grades of conditioner but it's nice to know it's available.
Not sure about the "quality" aspect, but rather, a real Bronco wouldn't have a leather interior to begin with.
...or 4 doors.
... or offroading technology
... or whatever the latest whine is about.
:rolleyes:

On the other hand, or should I say fin, maybe the Marine Grade Vinyl will be best maintained with ground up Bottlenose Dolphin placentas???

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure about the "quality" aspect, but rather, a real Bronco wouldn't have a leather interior to begin with.
...or 4 doors.
... or offroading technology
... or whatever the latest whine is about.
:rolleyes:

On the other hand, or should I say fin, maybe the Marine Grade Vinyl will be best maintained with ground up Bottlenose Dolphin placentas???
You never know until you try!

And I agree with you on what makes up a traditional Bronco.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I checked in today to see the news on the proverbial "we'll let you know your estimated build date in May." Seems that hasn't been reiterated in weeks.

Why is Ford letting a simple part (modular top) ruin their deliveries?! ANY decent aerospace or boat company can make the Modular Tops. It's not like it's a patented manufacturing process to mold fiberglass or whatever plastic. It's not like the tops have a lot of moving parts. It's a molded piece of plastic, painted, with gaskets and latches.

COME ON FORD - drop Webasco and get 2-3 other suppliers making these tops. Catch up lost ground....stop waiting on the loser company to get things figured out. Find ANOTHER company.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait for me. I want to join in on the bashing too. 😁 Ford and Boeing are a match made in heaven with this clusterf*ck. Both companies are swirling around the drain.

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I literally just email my sales person every week or two checking-in to see if there’s any word on my build.

I’m sure they absolutely appreciate and love hearing from me so often…
Thats what they get for not making you a priority build... lol

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats what they get for not making you a priority build... lol
“Make me a priority build or I will email you on a weekly basis!!!”

Darn, I should have thought about that when I placed my order!

Sponsored

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Ford still going to send out the build-date emails this month to everyone that has an order in the system? I haven't heard if that has changed or been pushed back.
Exactly what I have been looking for too. I just posted asking the same question before seeing your post. If I was a betting man I would say that initial estimate for the estimated build date email is going to end up being like the initial estimate of the build and price.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked in today to see the news on the proverbial "we'll let you know your estimated build date in May." Seems that hasn't been reiterated in weeks.

Why is Ford letting a simple part (modular top) ruin their deliveries?! ANY decent aerospace or boat company can make the Modular Tops. It's not like it's a patented manufacturing process to mold fiberglass or whatever plastic. It's not like the tops have a lot of moving parts. It's a molded piece of plastic, painted, with gaskets and latches.

COME ON FORD - drop Webasco and get 2-3 other suppliers making these tops. Catch up lost ground....stop waiting on the loser company to get things figured out. Find ANOTHER company.
Ford never said they would give you an estimated build date in May...they said they would give MORE INFORMATION. I think there will be quite a bit of butthurt here in the next 2 weeks from people who suffer from poor reading comprehension.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford needs to kick webasto to the curb and get a better company

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what we are hearing about Webasto, I really have no idea how in a couple weeks from now they could not only estimate how many MIC tops could be produced by YE, but also assign an estimated build date (even if that was to the month). Its going to be really interesting how they approach this. I foresee continued emails for the next few months as they work through this. It's either that, or they simply take a stance by end of May and assign ~60k builds across demo/priority/FE(mics)/some WTs(mics)/soft tops, and tell almost every other MIC top guy that they will be a 2022...which would be really bad optics for Ford. So probably the former approach, to leave everyone somewhat hopeful, while they pray Webasto picks up production month over month
Delivery date, not build date. Even more variables in that. I was flabbergasted that Ford would promise that, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, for one last time. We shall see how they do in a couple weeks.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford needs to kick webasto to the curb and get a better company
It's too late now. This should have been done months ago but any change now would just further delay the tops. Basically almost all of us are at the mercy of Webasto and I have a good feeling they are about to bend MANY of us early res people over as dealer allocations get eaten up by whack ass soft tops.
Sponsored