Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It depends. I have 2 res's- a 21 and a 22. If my 21 res would get delivered around Nov 21 with a gray MIC top, or I could get a 22 with a white top by May 22, I'd wait to get the 22. If I had to wait more than 6 months more for a white topped 22, then I'd get the 21 and buy a white top later.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think Ford is planning batches - like a 2.7L badlands batch early when there won’t be roof sound insulation available or roof racks.

i.e., I think the more limited the options the earlier the production.

While I don’t want much on a Badlands, if there is a chance for a white top and maybe (probably not) a manual 2.7L two door, then I am willing to wait until they get the supply chain fully up and running.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People need to understand that B/P will continue to evolve over the next 2 months with late availability items added once Ford has an idea from the supplier on parts.
Exactly! B&P will only be improved upon in the coming month and more. We've waited this long, a few more moments isn't gonna kill us. Patience will be rewarded.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sticking with my order, I've had to be flexible to do so but after the B&P I actually feel good about the model and price point I am at. A 2D Badlands, Squatch, Lux, 2.7L, that actually came out cheaper than I was estimating using the tools I found on the internet.

And worst comes to worst I will do it like I have done my current car. Drive the Bronco for 2-3 years, trade it in with a little cash and get a brand new one. But somehow I think I wont be doing that. I couldn't walk away from this........

Ford Bronco Buying now or later? Bronco

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sticking with my order, I've had to be flexible to do so but after the B&P I actually feel good about the model and price point I am at. A 2D Badlands, Squatch, Lux, 2.7L, that actually came out cheaper than I was estimating using the tools I found on the internet.

And worst comes to worst I will do it like I have done my current car. Drive the Bronco for 2-3 years, trade it in with a little cash and get a brand new one. But somehow I think I wont be doing that. I couldn't walk away from this........

Ford Bronco Buying now or later? Bronco
What did yours come out to be? That’s basically what I want.

Sponsored

Badlander

Badlands
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm officially out. Too many warning signs that this is rushed along with poor color/material options. There will be issues - Ford will work through them and make it right, but I'll let others feel that pain and maybe come back in the market in the 2023 timeframe. In the meantime I'll keep hitting the trails in my JLU. Enjoy moving up a spot as I cancel my 7/13 FE reservation.
Same here. I canceled my 7/14 reservation yesterday. I let Ford have it in the comments about how they have botched the launch. I think I was in the middle of the pack reservation wise. I feel like Ford is promising something but delivering something else so going to wait and see how everything plays out.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The biMini top for the 2-door saved the dream for me!

Now, I can get a 2-door, BadManLux with a, presumably later, touch of Squatch!

This is not like Halley's comet where you might see it come around again in your lifetime. This is the Hale-Bopp, grab a roll of quarters, and put on your Nikes to go all-in on the last chance to hop aboard this top-of-the-line with a manual transmission spaceship!

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What did yours come out to be? That’s basically what I want.
Right at $54k if I remember correctly, up to $55k if I decide I really want those tube doors.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford is planning batches - like a 2.7L badlands batch early when there won’t be roof sound insulation available or roof racks.

i.e., I think the more limited the options the earlier the production.

While I don’t want much on a Badlands, if there is a chance for a white top and maybe (probably not) a manual 2.7L two door, then I am willing to wait until they get the supply chain fully up and running.
Yep- thought about shortages of the roof rack being a holdup but many accessories are based off the rack. You could say the same about the HD bumper. You can back order the rack but not the bumper.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Am tempted to cancel my MY21 and see what unfolds for MY22.

Main gripe is, if you want a decent-looking cloth interior and high package, you're out of luck.

OBX has two cloth options: navy pier (no to blue) and onyx/roast ... but a bronze dash? Seriously?

Wildtrack? No, not interested in that Walmart-esque camo pattern.

/no offense to folks at Walmart.

Sponsored

azumwalt

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is no rush. Orders can't be submitted until Dec.1 and the deadline is 1/31. An order submitted at the beginning of Dec. isn't going to jump in line over an order at the end of Jan. Orders will still be prioritized based on reservation time stamp so there is still no rush to submit an order other than not dumping your order on your dealer on the last day of January. If you do nothing, your reservation will remain until the 1/31 deadline. At which time, any non-converted reservations will be cancelled with the $100 refunded.

People need to understand that B/P will continue to evolve over the next 2 months with late availability items added once Ford has an idea from the supplier on parts.
So what happens if you don't order by 1/31 but you still plan on ordering? Do you get refunded your original reservation and have to reserve again for 2022?

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right at $54k if I remember correctly, up to $55k if I decide I really want those tube doors.
Yeah that’s about what I got too but then lacking sound deadening top, painted top, no roof rack and to me bad choices of color and all for more then I wanted to pay. Hard to pull that trigger for what will turn out to be close to 60k all said and done and not really what I want.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buying now....but also may jump on the Granger October Special and get a 22 model if the options change enough....or get a reservation refund if they don't.
Ford has fucked with me/us enough, I have no problem fucking back by screwing up their stats with extra reservations, etc.

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm leasing so who cares! Will have mine by early summer, keep canceling everyone which might get me it even earlier?. I guess jeep won't have to worry after all. Lol

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah that’s about what I got too but then lacking sound deadening top, painted top, no roof rack and to me bad choices of color and all for more then I wanted to pay. Hard to pull that trigger for what will turn out to be close to 60k all said and done and not really what I want.
I completely understand for me though those were options I just wasn't interested in besides the painted top which I can get later. Even then I will have the bimini top/no top on as much as I can because that's one of the main selling points for me. And I was really fond of the Cyber Orange and matching interior from the beginning. I do however hope Ford learns a lesson from this and delivers on more customization with their interiors and color choices. The combos they released are very poorly put together and even though I will be buying one I will remind them of that every chance I get.
Sponsored