Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been torn between CG and A51 since the beginning, but after seeing A51 in person on a Bronco Sport, it's too baby-bluish in the sun. I went ahead and ordered the CG and with the right combination of model, top, wheels, etc...(parts in general), the color will help make all that pop.
I agree the A51 doesn't look great on the Sport, but it will def look better on the big bronco, especially after I put on old school white cowl and stripes on the side. Look at the back of the sport to see the bronco logo in white, it makes the A51 color pop.....
Sponsored

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree the A51 doesn't look great on the Sport, but it will def look better on the big bronco, especially after I put on old school white cowl and stripes on the side. Look at the back of the sport to see the bronco logo in white, it makes the A51 color pop.....
Yeah, I thought about that too. It's an awesome color and I think it will look far better on the big Bronco.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checking in got a 2 door black diamond with mid pakage upgraded wheels and tow pakage and floor liners in cactus gray

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a fair assessment. I opt'd for A51 after being on the fence between these two. I just felt the gray part of the CG was too drab....IMO..
What I'd like to be a fly on the wall for.....when someone who decided on CG after seeing it on the B&P ONLY (pre-update), finally sees it in person when their car gets delivered. I'm sure there will be a few WTF? moments.
The weird thing is that I didn’t see any gray when I saw it in person. I hear people say they see concrete, too. Such a weird color. Depending on what a person’s individual eye picks up, it evokes a wide range of reactions. I will say it’s subtle rather than bold.

I quite agree that the render for CO is very different from the actual color. I gave the wife veto power regarding color choice and it was too bold for her when we saw it in person. I liked it but I’m not sure I would have done it even without her veto.

One thing is for sure: picking Cactus Gray based solely on the online renders is gonna set some people up for disappointment. It’s a color you need to see in person before deciding it’s for you.

It’s good to have first-world problems like this.

SJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 440i, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

GO see the colors in person they said . . .

I saw the Cactus Gray on a Sport weeks ago & didn't care for it, even did a lil test drive. Nothing. Then . . . I saw it on a Ranger - in pictures & in real life. Loved it!!

I've been team AMB forever. Saw AMB in person and it's WAY too dark and was exactly what I've been reading - that it looks black unless the sun is hitting it just right. I live in Seattle, so except for the two days of sunshine a year, I'd have a "black" car.

Now I'm having flashbacks of having seen Space White on an F-150 months ago & loving it. Below is a chart I found showing both the Space White & the Cactus Gray. Count me in on Cactus Gray!!

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipdisplay.cgi?year=2021&manuf=Ford&smodel=Ranger&info=&page=1

Sponsored

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve looked at this color so much in the flesh now, yet remain torn between it and Area 51. Went to a local dealership to see it in overcast, winter conditions and this is what it looked like. Part of me wants a color only available within the Bronco vehicle line (which would push me firmly into the A51 camp), but I do REALLY love Cactus Gray (closest I’ll be able to get to Toyota’s Lunar Rock color, which I would choose were I getting the 2021 4Runner TRD Pro). TBH, I’m still about 50/50 between the two colors, bad I know I’d be VERY happy with either color!

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 0E830099-8B7B-42FD-AE1B-31BDA2509469
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 17E35F3F-9A92-48D9-9613-7350597E465F

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that at sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg?I was there yesterday looking .
I Agree with you it looks like the Lunar Rock

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that at sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg?I was there yesterday looking .
I Agree with you it looks like the Lunar Rock
You, my friend, are EXACTLY right; that is, indeed, Sheehy. I had my res with them initially when I first made it, but once we learned more about better options... I made a mad dash to @StephensAutoCenter in WV!

Last edited:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went to go checkout Cactus Grey and Cyber Orange. Looks a little greener in person when I view the pictures on my iPhone X with default display and camera settings. Bonus Cyber Orange shot because why not?!

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 190C1F67-6C26-40AA-8F72-3E9DC5BD044C

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 0581B1B4-C492-4745-B4FF-B8FF2865C338

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 44FDF89D-BC4B-4B83-BFAB-455267112E29

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. CEDF4BBB-6219-4596-AE5C-B4EE066E5C9C

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped by a dealer for the millionth time today to take another look at Cactus Gray. This is my first time seeing it on a Ranger in person. Looks great and definitely more green this time in full sun than last time I saw it on a Bronco Sport. I am now one step closer to calling my dealer to make the switch!

The "Black" F-150's on parked to the left are actually Antimatter Blue. It is dark! And sorry the last picture is through the windshield. Didn't think that one through...

EDIT: The bumpers on the Ranger are dark gray (I think Magnetic, but it might be Carbonized) so that gives a decent look at what Cactus Gray might look like with the newer darker MIC tops.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. CA612675-0221-4B12-87BB-C1A9AC139BE0_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. EAE2E77E-5835-4F30-8B9A-206F09CA1851_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 7058048A-40F7-4BD1-9FB4-058647C0B65A_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2E547BC9-9F79-4DFB-AA8E-8AB18C8544C0_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 9D5CE6C4-A210-415E-8E5A-5FFD35715775_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 178A4A3E-0337-4B42-8097-98098F0A93E0_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 3B7589D0-5FEB-49BD-B42F-5001BF4DF10B_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 606A7A22-9983-4584-BBCC-628735D9F777_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 388A96E3-DB09-4EB4-846E-FC035069EF32_1_105_c
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. B83941C6-9C00-47EA-8C9F-5F96030DA0CB_1_105_c

Last edited:

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

CG FTW!! 😎

Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The weird thing is that I didn’t see any gray when I saw it in person. I hear people say they see concrete, too. Such a weird color. Depending on what a person’s individual eye picks up, it evokes a wide range of reactions. I will say it’s subtle rather than bold.

I quite agree that the render for CO is very different from the actual color. I gave the wife veto power regarding color choice and it was too bold for her when we saw it in person. I liked it but I’m not sure I would have done it even without her veto.

One thing is for sure: picking Cactus Gray based solely on the online renders is gonna set some people up for disappointment. It’s a color you need to see in person before deciding it’s for you.

It’s good to have first-world problems like this.
Man I wish I could go see it in person. I’ve been deployed to the Mid East since October and will be until after the order bank window closes on March 19. I was all in for A51. Then my wife went and saw A51 on a sport and she said it’s definitely a cool color but she was digging more on the CG without ever having seen it in person herself. This is going to be a forever vehicle once I get it, and I figured CG is more tolerable of a color long term than A51. I went with her color choice of CG. happy wife happy life. It was my second color choice so not much of a compromise. Hopefully I like it in person!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, I ultimately had to go see in person too. I checked out a CG Ranger in 'real life' over the weekend. The real-life experience did nothing to help me make a decision on whether I actually like CG or not. In sunlight, it's a milky grey with a hint of green - looks great! But in the shade, it's more "sea foam", or - dare I say - "mint" green. Ick.

I was all set on Area 51 until I saw the poll that like 25% of all orders are for Area 51... I love that color but not sure how much I'll love it when every other Bronco I see on the road is the same.

Decisions, decisions!
I wouldn’t make a decision on a color because of the small representation on the B6g forum. Area 51 is a popular color choice here but it might not be across the country. And it’s not like your going to initially see tons of Broncos or area 51 Broncos in your area.... 150k-190k reservations how many turn into orders and then How many turn into A51 Broncos - spread that across the nation...

Wouldn’t be a concern at all..

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I wish I could go see it in person. I’ve been deployed to the Mid East since October and will be until after the order bank window closes on March 19. I was all in for A51. Then my wife went and saw A51 on a sport and she said it’s definitely a cool color but she was digging more on the CG without ever having seen it in person herself. This is going to be a forever vehicle once I get it, and I figured CG is more tolerable of a color long term than A51. I went with her color choice of CG. happy wife happy life. It was my second color choice so not much of a compromise. Hopefully I like it in person!
A51 was my wife’s first choice (having seen it in person in Townsend, TN) until we saw CG in person. Can’t go wrong with either color. We decided CG would be less common than A51 and since we like both, why not be a little different? As you say: “Happy wife, happy life.” Best wishes for your safe return from deployment!
Sponsored