Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw cactus grey in person. It’s such a weird color! In photos it’s a blue/grey, but in person it’s more like a pastel green. There was a bronco sport in Oxford white near the ranger I was looking at and when side by side the white really brings out the green. I think cactus grey with a white top would look great!
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 4F679BD6-AF7B-4A51-ADE3-0C61601FD8B2
Sponsored

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just adding more pics here, saw a ranger in person yesterday in CG, clear skies and sunny. The color as most have said really depends on the lighting, I would call it flat gray with a slight hint of green, some lighting and angles really brings the green out more though.

1E3A4B32-7923-4996-BD7A-AFF045DD495F.jpeg

A34D8503-A734-4ACC-AD66-27410F21950E.jpeg

0555A2E2-AC86-4498-A152-DA173F6F051E.jpeg

BED6525E-2392-4C95-A438-EE5B59217541.jpeg

F69EE5C6-A17C-4A97-B4BE-0D8421397C46.jpeg

3FF38013-B97C-442F-AA32-F55FCDB40496.jpeg

C6794993-B904-41E6-95A2-FEEFDA195FAD.jpeg

AEBF2C1E-7179-40CB-88A9-82E0A5C19744.jpeg

1B27E183-53FD-4BCC-BEE9-35911DEA6F1F.jpeg

Bad Apple

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E43 MB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Such a weird color! Both of these pics are Cactus Gray, right?

The first picture is a greenish/taupe gray that I LOVE!!! The second looks like a light pastel light blue-gray; I have no desire for a light blue car so will continue to watch this thread till I can see one in person.

Bonus points for anyone who might know the wheel and tire size (maybe 35"?) in the first picture :)

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. cactus grey

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. cactus blue gray

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The first picture is a greenish/taupe gray that I LOVE!!! The second looks like a light pastel light blue-gray; I have no desire for a light blue car so will continue to watch this thread till I can see one in person.

Bonus points for anyone who might know the wheel and tire size (maybe 35"?) in the first picture :)

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. cactus blue gray

In real life it looks like the top picture

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ha, I ultimately had to go see in person too. I checked out a CG Ranger in 'real life' over the weekend. The real-life experience did nothing to help me make a decision on whether I actually like CG or not. In sunlight, it's a milky grey with a hint of green - looks great! But in the shade, it's more "sea foam", or - dare I say - "mint" green. Ick.

I was all set on Area 51 until I saw the poll that like 25% of all orders are for Area 51... I love that color but not sure how much I'll love it when every other Bronco I see on the road is the same.

Decisions, decisions!

Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha, I ultimately had to go see in person too. I checked out a CG Ranger in 'real life' over the weekend. The real-life experience did nothing to help me make a decision on whether I actually like CG or not. In sunlight, it's a milky grey with a hint of green - looks great! But in the shade, it's more "sea foam", or - dare I say - "mint" green. Ick.

I was all set on Area 51 until I saw the poll that like 25% of all orders are for Area 51... I love that color but not sure how much I'll love it when every other Bronco I see on the road is the same.

Decisions, decisions!
I already submitted order with A51 yet still watch this thread..... I'll be struggling with it until March 19th.
Same reasons

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond ordered in Cactus Gray. Planning on painting the top white and ordering white wheels.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

cactus grey.jpg

cactus blue gray.jpg
In real life it looks like the top picture
@BroncoBoy22 that's funny, because the top pic is a computer graphic render. The bottom pic is of an actual Bronco in Cactus Grey.

Cactus grey, is one of those colors that appears different in different lighting. I would suggest that you go to your local Ford Dealer and look at actual vehicles in person (Rangers, F150, Bronco Sport, etc. that are painted in Cactus Grey.

Also @Bad Apple the tires on the first pic are computer graphic render of what the 35" sasquatch tires. Essentially a cartoon version. There are plenty of photos of the actual tires throughout this forum.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BroncoBoy22 that's funny, because the top pic is a computer graphic render. The bottom pic is of an actual Bronco in Cactus Grey.

Cactus grey, is one of those colors that appears different in different lighting. I would suggest that you go to your local Ford Dealer and look at actual vehicles in person (Rangers, F150, Bronco Sport, etc. that are painted in Cactus Grey.

Also @Bad Apple the tires on the first pic are computer graphic render of what the 35" sasquatch tires. Essentially a cartoon version. There are plenty of photos of the actual tires throughout this forum.
It’s does have diff shades in person but not as drastic as the photo. It’s the way the cell phone camera is processing the image. I’ll post an example some one made in another thread. One second

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It all boils down to the camera. I took these 2 pics at the same time, both with an iPhone 11 Pro Max. The first one was set on the generic photo setting, the second set on Portrait Mode with the color set to natural lighting.

Regular Photo Setting:

Portrait Mode - Natural Color:

I can tell you that the second shot represents what the color looked like in person about as accurate as I can expect.
Here y’all go

Sponsored

Brando1

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 911, 2001 Land Cruiser, 2008 CLS63, 2008 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm ordering my truck on Thursday, drove down today to see the Cactus Grey in person, on a new Ford Ranger.
Not a sunny day, kind of overcast. Much more grey then I thought it would be.
I always thought it had a color shift from pastel blue to a light mint green..
In person it was dominantly grey with a hint of green(very subtle, more of an undertone) to it as you walked around it.

GO LOOK IN PERSON BEFORE YOU ORDER.
IT's not the same color I thought it would be.

AFter staring at all the other colors in the B&P, for way to long today, I'm sticking with the Cactus Grey.

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having seen Cactus Gray in person (on a Ranger), I’ve got a simple theory as to why Ford’s online renders look nothing like the real thing. Here goes.

Ford has created an awesome color that‘s hard to fully appreciat/capture in photographs. For that same reason, online renders more faithful to the actual color wouldn’t market the color well. For marketing reasons, therefore, they feel compelled to trick up the online renders. They can’t just say “trust us, you’ll like it in person.”

(I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the marketing meetings regarding the various colors and how to render them. I’m sure they were quite frustrated by some of these stealthy, hard-to-digitally represent colors.)

I ordered Cactus Gray (2 days ago) because I really liked the color in person. A secondary motivation is that it’s a distinctive color that not everyone will be driving. In a way, I kind of like that Ford is having trouble marketing it; it improves our chances of standing out from the crowd.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Having seen Cactus Gray in person (on a Ranger), I’ve got a simple theory as to why Ford’s online renders look nothing like the real thing. Here goes.

Ford has created an awesome color that‘s hard to fully appreciat/capture in photographs. For that same reason, online renders more faithful to the actual color wouldn’t market the color well. For marketing reasons, therefore, they feel compelled to trick up the online renders. They can’t just say “trust us, you’ll like it in person.”

(I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the marketing meetings regarding the various colors and how to render them. I’m sure they were quite frustrated by some of these stealthy, hard-to-digitally represent colors.)

I ordered Cactus Gray (2 days ago) because I really liked the color in person. A secondary motivation is that it’s a distinctive color that not everyone will be driving. In a way, I kind of like that Ford is having trouble marketing it; it improves our chances of standing out from the crowd.
That's a fair assessment. I opt'd for A51 after being on the fence between these two. I just felt the gray part of the CG was too drab....IMO..
What I'd like to be a fly on the wall for.....when someone who decided on CG after seeing it on the B&P ONLY (pre-update), finally sees it in person when their car gets delivered. I'm sure there will be a few WTF? moments.

Last edited:

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been torn between CG and A51 since the beginning, but after seeing A51 in person on a Bronco Sport, it's too baby-bluish in the sun. I went ahead and ordered the CG and with the right combination of model, top, wheels, etc...(parts in general), the color will help make all that pop.
Sponsored