KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In case this is helpful for anyone's sales tax planning, below is the text from the email on what Granger asks for. (Questions #1-3 are related to the sale price & financing)

4. We will collect standard sales tax for your Bronco. The check will then be made payable to your titling office NOT to you.

5. I will need to know the exact address you plan on titling the vehicle in.

6. I will need to know the EXACT address of where you will be registering the vehicle this must be sent to me.

For example, some places want “Secretary of State”, Division of Motor Vehicle”, “Polk County Treasurer’s Office”, “Commissioner”, etc.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PSA: CHECK YOUR JUNK FOLDERS

Regular emails came thru no problem. Finance email went to junk. It might all work out. Good luck to everyone!
No email from Finance yet but pleasant surprise, the pic of my newborn Bronco coming off the line was in my spam folder!

Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS image

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In case this is helpful for anyone's sales tax planning, below is the text from the email on what Granger asks for. (Questions #1-3 are related to the sale price & financing)

4. We will collect standard sales tax for your Bronco. The check will then be made payable to your titling office NOT to you.

5. I will need to know the exact address you plan on titling the vehicle in.

6. I will need to know the EXACT address of where you will be registering the vehicle this must be sent to me.

For example, some places want “Secretary of State”, Division of Motor Vehicle”, “Polk County Treasurer’s Office”, “Commissioner”, etc.
This is very interesting to see and it seems there is reason for it from Granger as well. Looks like a new policy for them on buyers who are starting the finance process vs trying institute on buyers who are through and just coming to pickup. Good luck to you all.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine was delivered to Granger on the 18th according to the Ford tracker, but no calls from the dealership yet.

Weirdly enough, I sent an email to some Ford execs a year ago. One of them just called to ask me if I was enjoying my new car. After I told her I hadn't taken delivery yet, she confirmed it had been delivered.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was delivered to Granger on the 18th according to the Ford tracker, but no calls from the dealership yet.

Weirdly enough, I sent an email to some Ford execs a year ago. One of them just called to ask me if I was enjoying my new car. After I told her I hadn't taken delivery yet, she confirmed it had been delivered.
I was delivered to Granger on 5/11 and I got the finance call today 5/23. I did get a preliminary email with some basic info before it arrived at Granger. But I know they're getting more and more in so timing might be pushed out.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Below is the exact response I got when questioning the requirement of sales tax being paid up front and whether or not it is an Iowa state-mandated requirement. I've bought/sold at least 50 vehicles (many out of state), and this is the first time I've run into such a scenario. Approaching it with an 'either pay now or pay later' mentality and hoping it doesn't end up being an administrative nightmare!

"Yes, it is required. It is not stipulated by the state of Iowa, but it is for Granger Motors. It is to prevent a vehicle from being resold without paying taxes and registration fees in an effort to reduce chargebacks and penalties on the dealership's behalf. We have been burned a lot in the past, so a handful of customers have ruined it for everyone!"
I can almost assure you that this will be an administrative nightmare in my state. I have always found that one of the major advantages of paying cash for a vehicle is that it simplifies the process. This is an unfortunate turn of events that will result in additional work for Granger and headaches for the customer.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like price protection credits are going to have to be mailed from Ford after I take delivery since they’re tied to my old address and I moved in 2022. Not real happy about that. I was warned it will take a while. “Not within 2 weeks.”

I've gotten the certificate number for Private Offer so I'm not too worried that I will see that check eventually for $2,820. I still am owed $1500 in Retail Price Protection from the model year change. Any advice on making sure that amount is included?

Sponsored

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I asked Brooke at Granger about the tax thing. She said it is effective as of May 22nd.
Two years ago, the post office lost our tax forms that were mailed to the IRS via certified mail. Took over a year and intervention of our US Congressman to straighten it out. I just don’t have good luck dealing with the mail and bureaucracies. Not looking forward to this.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked Brooke at Granger about the tax thing. She said it is effective as of May 22nd.
Signed my purchase agreement last week so that’s likely why I wasn’t roped into it despite not taking delivery yet.

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like price protection credits are going to have to be mailed from Ford after I take delivery since they’re tied to my old address and I moved in 2022. Not real happy about that. I was warned it will take a while. “Not within 2 weeks.”

I've gotten the certificate number for Private Offer so I'm not too worried that I will see that check eventually for $2,820. I still am owed $1500 in Retail Price Protection from the model year change. Any advice on making sure that amount is included?
My purchase agreement matched my order placed in 2022 for the 2023 transition. To the penny. I too will have to wait for the price protection check from ford, but otherwise, any price increases for 2023 were taken off by Granger. Picking up within the hour!

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two years ago, the post office lost our tax forms that were mailed to the IRS via certified mail. Took over a year and intervention of our US Congressman to straighten it out. I just don’t have good luck dealing with the mail and bureaucracies. Not looking forward to this.
Same. I would much prefer to cut the check to the DMV when I get mine registered, that way there no risk anything gets lost or not credited properly. Knowing the CA DMV, they will receive the funds but won't have any record of this and it will be a miserable extended process trying to sort it all out. Ugh, we were so close to getting in before this change!

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a short flight to Iowa and a long drive home, I can officially say I'm a proud owner of a Bronco. Amanda, Sean, Brooke, and Eric made the process very, easy and hassle-free and all were friendly as hell. Thank you, @Zach@Granger for putting a great team together and calming me down and being transparent for the past 3 years.
Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS 1684866281426
Sponsored