Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I took a quick look at registration fees for your "average" $45,000 Bronco in Lancaster, CA.

You would think that you would get a crime discount for living in the Desert.
Hold on to your wallet... $599! Not to mention the taxes of over $4600

That's insane... That's more like 10% tax plus the registration.

In Texas, it was 6.25% ($2812) and under 1/3 the registration fees ($185 - renewal is less). I don't know how you guys in California do it. I am sure there are states less expensive than Texas too.
5.5% tax and 128 registration for Wisconsin. But then, we have to shovel snow in the winter and replace cars every 20 years whether you want to or not assuming you drive it in the winter.
Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took a quick look at registration fees for your "average" $45,000 Bronco in Lancaster, CA.

You would think that you would get a crime discount for living in the Desert.
Hold on to your wallet... $599! Not to mention the taxes of over $4600

That's insane... That's more like 10% tax plus the registration.

In Texas, it was 6.25% ($2812) and under 1/3 the registration fees ($185 - renewal is less). I don't know how you guys in California do it. I am sure there are states less expensive than Texas too.
My total registration bill is going to be close to $6,000 when it's all added up. Thankfully this will be the last vehicle I ever buy in CA. Should have our retirement house completed in Montana next summer and they have zero sales tax.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My total registration bill is going to be close to $6,000 when it's all added up. Thankfully this will be the last vehicle I ever buy in CA. Should have our retirement house completed in Montana next summer and they have zero sales tax.
That’s about 4 years property tax on 3800 sq ft of house and 5 acres in TN, with an extra 36x40 garage.

J_Z

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat with the order Modification money. Did Granger offer any info on who was in charge of filing or how long. I'm without any info other than it has to be done.
Granger asked me if I had a certificate number for the Order Modification offer, which the Ford Marketing folks did not have available for me. Ford said Granger would need to work with their Assigned Marketing Rep at Ford to escalate it (I'm guessing that is the "exception process"). Ford did have the certificate number for the Model Year Transition private offer, but seemed like Granger had that info already, although it is showing for the "Level B" amount instead of the higher "Level A" amount for earlier reservations even though this was an Oct. 2020 res.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am hoping that I will get through the incentive mess cleanly since I haven't moved, but I have wildcard situation. I live in one of the few counties left in America that still use Rural Route addressing. At least up until the past couple months, when they finally assigned street addresses. Just called Marketing, and it sounds like their system updated automatically on one part of my info to the new address. They added the original back in, but now I'm nervous.

Also, tracker has gone dead, and account says "completed purchase". Cautiously optimistic that this just means that prep is underway at Granger. It was dropped there on the 24th. Base 2d 7MT, so there's probably less prep to do than many.

Sponsored

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all my CA people:

CA DMV number of +1-800-777-0133. The system is upgraded, they will call you back. Super nice DMV person on the call back that was very helpful.

1. Send check and transit title to: ***choose DMV office that you will go to***
    1. Crucial: Place VIN in memo line of check
    2. They said it takes them 7-10 days to load into their system, they will hold the check for 30 days and then send it back if the transaction is not completed.
  2. Make check payable to: CA DMV
  3. Difference in sales tax will be covered by you at time of registration. In my case Granger did not calculate based on my address so it only covers basic CA fee.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all my CA people:

CA DMV number of +1-800-777-0133. The system is upgraded, they will call you back. Super nice DMV person on the call back that was very helpful.

1. Send check and transit title to: ***choose DMV office that you will go to***
    1. Crucial: Place VIN in memo line of check
    2. They said it takes them 7-10 days to load into their system, they will hold the check for 30 days and then send it back if the transaction is not completed.
  2. Make check payable to: CA DMV
  3. Difference in sales tax will be covered by you at time of registration. In my case Granger did not calculate based on my address so it only covers basic CA fee.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for this! Did Granger mail you the check or did they mail to DMV?

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They said the check would be mailed directly to the CA DMV
Got it, I was told it would be mailed to me but I'll double check that as I don't have it in writing.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was delivered to Granger on 5/22. I was emailed today from finance.
I was delivered 5/22 and emailed today, too!

But I will be going to pick it up next week. 🤪

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else on railcar TTGX 255824? I see it made it through the first bottleneck at Gibson, Indiana and is now into Brookfield, Missouri.
Sponsored