Sponsored

Camouflaged topper on Bronco prototype a pop-up camper roof tent or power soft top?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a GFC on my Tacoma, so I understand the appeal. At this time I’m planning to keep my Taco and add a 4D Badlands. The Bronco will be my daily & weekend wheeler, The Taco will be a third vehicle for our eldest when she turns 16 (lucky little turd) and our camping rig. Probably end up driving both On family camping trips b/c the kids are getting big!

I’m no overlander, but I do go on multi day wheeling trips with my buddies and get a little rowdy. The whole mission is to wheel farther than most to find good camping / fishing.

I also work for an outdoor brand that makes ground tents & a wide range of camping & backpacking gear. So I understand the competitive landscape, consumer segmentation & overall marketplace. It’s my job. I’m also a hand raiser for new outdoor gear and an off-road enthusiast, so I get it. I love ground tents. Many of the tents my team makes are sub $200, does that compare on a value scale to a 8, 10 or 12K Dollar camper? Hell no, but these products are designed for vastly different consumers. The same rationale can be applied to why we are all pining for a new Bronco instead of buying yet another shit-box XJ. The XJ is fun as hell, may only last 1 more year, is a fraction of the price....but we want that new Bronco.

The Ursa Minor is appealing to a guy like me, but I’m not planning to go down that modification rabbit hole again.

Bronco plan would / could enclude a Full suspension lift, wheels, tires.... and this lamp... that’s all I need. ?
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Researching... I won't do the Ursa Minor option (is kind of ugly) plus need something that is easily removable from a daily driver, would prefer a Roofnest Sparrow but if weight is going to be an issue will have to go with a GFC Superlite. I'm hoping there will be more options as we move forward.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen some on social media posts. I know @NewHorizonsOverland has an Eezi-Awn manta 270 on his.
Thanks! I stopped using the 'gram so am out of the loop. Here's a pic from his website.
Really like the 279* awnings.

Ford Bronco Camouflaged topper on Bronco prototype a pop-up camper roof tent or power soft top? 1598645178240

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ATX Madridista

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Black Diamond Sasquatch V6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be a cool possibility. However, more realistically it's probably something like this.

Ford Bronco Camouflaged topper on Bronco prototype a pop-up camper roof tent or power soft top? 2021-bronco-interior-bronco-int10-kgp-
Considering there is a $3500 “Hard & Soft top” option for the broncos, perhaps you are right. That’s a pretty legit top.

GregoryS

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Chevy Blazer K5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If its a roof top tent....that is one option I will be getting....long as its not stupidly expensive.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Considering there is a $3500 “Hard & Soft top” option for the broncos, perhaps you are right. That’s a pretty legit top.
There's a company that makes the sliding ragtop kits for the original Broncos. It actually stiffens the top quite a bit and apparently the quality is really good. I wouldn't bank on that being an option with the '21 because of the separate panels on the roof, unless it's a complete one-piece roof with the sliding portion.
Ford Bronco Camouflaged topper on Bronco prototype a pop-up camper roof tent or power soft top? 1598646807449

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I posted this plan in the other thread yesterday. I think it has some merits. Could still use some tweeks. But it solves my biggest gripe with ursa minors setup. I also have a Tuff Stuff Ranger RTT with annex. Its great but there could be some better things done. I would really like a top that is both pop up camper and be able to go topless with relative ease and convienence.

" I would love something like the Ursa Minor style But still be able to go open top with relative ease.

Dont know how but I just figured it out as I typed this. Since the 4 door has such a large open air experience hole. The bed is a hammock that hangs into the opening, but tighter like a trampoline with out the springs. Or maybe with a lil spring. The whole bed surface rolls up to rear bar area, And above that you have either a hard or soft shell that can be completely removed by two people or popped straight up just like alot of hardshell tents with and the tent skirt able to be zipped in and out. You would access the sleeping area from the rear either by standing on the slide out tailgate and climbing up or through a hatch on the rear portion that does have a hard floor from the roll bar back to the top of the rear window. If the bed surface was of a UV blocking mesh type it would work as a shade top while you leave your top tied to a tree at camp or if its all soft top material just have it folded back.

Thats it, thats all the genuis I can pull outa "you know where" today. Anybody got a sewing machine. "

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be a cool possibility. However, more realistically it's probably something like this.

Ford Bronco Camouflaged topper on Bronco prototype a pop-up camper roof tent or power soft top? 1598646807449
This is a game changer, I posted a video on this site taken from youtube that Jeep was doing and boasting about their Skyroof option. If Ford comes out with a powered soft top or skyroof option.. it's game over for jeep. Want to put them down for good? Make it modular... Beat that Jeep! Long live the Black Flag!!!
Sponsored