Sponsored

Camouflaged topper on Bronco prototype a pop-up camper roof tent or power soft top?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also of the mind that these are just earlier pre-production models from before they had their roofs finalized. The ones we've seen with these have also had remains of earlier camo - all from before most of the details were released.

At this point I doubt Ford is hiding anything regarding their launch top options. (Other than the elusive white...)

I would be interested in a version of the power soft top though, depending on the implementation.
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Skyroof. Definitely a sky roof. I still want the basic soft top.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BradCA

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lexus CT200, 2020 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, I've seen them. There's nothing under that cheap plastic and homemade vinyl cover except some 1" pipes that give it a little structural integrity. I don't know what's going on with the rear section on the one in the second post, but the one in the first post is just camouflage to hide the body lines.
This makes the most sense of any of the theories being tossed around out there.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It turns in to an awning for shade, if it’s raining, you’d leave it covering the vehicle.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im pretty sure there isnt any thing worth while actually on these. We have seen pics on here as such, but it is worthwhile to entertain ideas of what could be, maybe ford is listening, and maybe they will work on something for the future.

I think Ford would have a truly game changing product if they could solve the main issues with all rooftop sleeping options.
1. Weight
2. Daily driver annoyance
3. Topless anytime ability

Every camper top or tent option currently has these issues that make you either choose to be an dedicated overlander or not.
Somehow reworking the concept of a soft top could be the answer. If you think about it though, the normal hardtops can be a few thousand dollars and soft top are much cheaper to make, store, and distribute. Some way to bridge the gap between a soft top and a RTT could end up costing much less than something like the Ursa Minor but more than a standard hardtop.

Someone is gonna make a killing on this when they figure it out. Especially if they sell thousands a year to Ford to install from the factory.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like a mismatched part from some other vehicle duct taped on.

I doubt it’s a pop up tent based on the roof weight limits listed for the Bronco. 2 adults sleeping on the roof would probably damage it.

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Isn’t the real answer that it is completely irrelevant as to its function because it is so fugly no one would ever purchase it?
Sponsored