Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I did my pros/cons list of the 2 and 4 doors, this was one of the only "pros" for the 4 door (for my personal use of it).

RTT for my 2 door eventually then
RTT would be more comfortable anyway and you could fit 2. By the look of these pictures you can fit one 5-10ish guy or two short ppl lol
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the final design? Just leave those tubes/wires dangle? Did they disconnect them from the roof and not from the side panel?
Also, shows how bad it will be to get to the bottle opener, will only be usable from the side of the vehicle, but be careful of the hoses and wires when you reach in...

1605272769054.png
Are these the wires that we don't know of the soft top comes with? Seeing this, I'm doubting that it does because where would they keep them?

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the:
Bronco four-door variety of tops available make open-air adventures quick and easy.

They are all mostly late availability except Soft and MIC gray lol

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, couldn't find if this was posted yet. There isn't a lot of new info here but there is two photos I don't think we have seen before. Not great photos, but might help give some people perspective on sleeping in the bronco.

Updated with official Ford press release:

All-New Bronco Four-Door SUV: Rugged Enough to Take Adventurers Further Into the Wild, Roomy Enough to Camp Inside
Bronco_4D_Camping_05.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 12, 2020 – Built to take adventures further, the all new Built Wild™ 2021 Bronco® four-door rugged SUV is designed to be the ultimate Bronco destination vehicle with ample room, smart features and accessories to haul outdoor gear inside and to comfortably sleep two when the day winds down.

“We spent a lot of time engaging in the outdoors with off-road enthusiasts and understood Bronco had to elevate the off-road camping experience with cleverness and comfort,” said Bill Mangan, Bronco chief interior designer. “So we made sure our four-door models could accommodate in-car camping and we followed it with best in class overall openness with the top removed so campers can enjoy spectacular nighttime views.”

Sleeping area large enough for the tallest campers

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.

With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.

For unforgettable views of the stars and room for side-by-side sleeping bags, the Bronco four-door variety of tops available make open-air adventures quick and easy. From the retractable soft top to the available lightweight hard tops – all can be removed to reveal the 13.3 square foot open top – for the best-in-class second row and overall openness with the top removed.

Plenty of room for gear, too

If hauling outdoor gear is the priority, the 83 cubic-foot rear cargo area on the standard four-door soft top Bronco SUVs cargo area (77.6 cubic feet with optional hard top) offers more volume with the second-row seats folded down than the four-door Jeep Wrangler. Two-door Bronco models also offer a roomy rear cargo area with 52.3 cubic-foot rear cargo area with the second-row seats folded down and a maximum length of 46.1 inches.

There’s room for gear up top as well. When 2021 Bronco two- and four-door SUVs arrive at Ford dealerships next year, there will be more than 200 Ford licensed accessories available including Platform roof carriers and Heavy Duty (HD) two person tents by Yakima® to complete the outdoor experience. All can be specified when customers order their vehicles, be included in the vehicle financing and installed at the dealer.

“Bronco is designed to be more than just the rugged 4x4 that gets you there, but also the destination in itself,” Mangan said. “You can have fun all day running in the desert sands or crawling along rocky trails – and at the end of the day, it’s your base camp and place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.”

Bronco_4D_Camping_01.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_02.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_03.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_04.jpg
Notice the pull out tailgate... ☹ Late arrival

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ebony roast is growing on me. Afraid it will only look good with rapid red though.

Antimatter blue + ebony roast? and the stitching will pull out the blue?
Antimatter blue with ebony roast is what I'm getting.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like they thought of everything for the Bronco. I enjoy backpacking but due to the fact I live in a place devoid of any backcountry camping, I have to drive long hours to get to a destination. Hi Michigan!!! Sometimes I just don't feel like unpacking my bag and setting up my tent so being able to sleep in the back in a pinch is a nice option to have. Makes hitting the trail easier the next day!
The complaints here make it seem like people want to live in the back of this thing with full comfort. Looks good enough for a trail-side night's sleep to me. Even if I have to bend a leg a bit.

I don't know why anyone would have expected this thing to be a Class B motorhome.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are those for? That can't be the finished product!?
Those are for the rear defroster, wiper, and w sprayer...
Do the wires dangle or are they secured into a dummy socket?
Have you ever seen a Wrangler? That’s dangling!

But what do you expect? If you can connect/disconnect defroster and wiper to remove the top there must be hose and wires... otherwise Bronco Sport or Explorer will have neatly enclosed wires ??‍♂
I expect the hoses and wires to be loose and dangling on the roof section, not the vehicle. I don't care what those look like on the roof when its removed, but do care what it looks like on the vehicle when the roof is removed.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks small - and it is a 4 door. I thought I read somewhere a while back that there is at least 6 feet of space between driver's seat and tailgate - is the guy in the picture 7 feet?

Also notice how both his legs are not straight? Both feet will not fit into the corner, so one leg is bent. Marketing people should not have shown pictures like this or even promote this idea if it is not possible. Sleep in the back with the door open in rough country, enjoy the wildlife. If this were the outdoors plan, I would get a truck with a longer area to actually sleep in without opening doors or being cramped by sleeping with one leg bent.

1605273945928.png
That guy must be very tall if there is an 6’6”(Michael Jordan) enclosed area as Ford states: “all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down.”

Does not look comfortable to sleep back there.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the final design? Just leave those tubes/wires dangle? Did they disconnect them from the roof and not from the side panel?
Also, shows how bad it will be to get to the bottle opener, will only be usable from the side of the vehicle, but be careful of the hoses and wires when you reach in...
What are those for? That can't be the finished product!?
My guess would be electrical connection for the wiper and hose connection for wiper fluid. Disconnected from the top of course...
Do the wires dangle or are they secured into a dummy socket?
Have you ever seen a Wrangler? That’s dangling!

But what do you expect? If you can connect/disconnect defroster and wiper to remove the top there must be hose and wires... otherwise Bronco Sport or Explorer will have neatly enclosed wires ??‍♂
Connections for the top can be seen in this pic also. Looks like they connect to dummy plugs
Are these the wires that we don't know of the soft top comes with? Seeing this, I'm doubting that it does because where would they keep them?
Those are for the rear defroster, wiper, and w sprayer...

I expect the hoses and wires to be loose and dangling on the roof section, not the vehicle. I don't care what those look like on the roof when its removed, but do care what it looks like on the vehicle when the roof is removed.
From my super celebration west photos. I didn't even notice those "dummy plugs" when I was taking the photos, but they were indeed there. Unfortunately, you can see that the connection is made on the top (modular hard top pictures) and wires are left behind.

Why not just make the connections at the dummy location and leave the wires with the top?! Very strange...
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area Screenshot_20201113-075943
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area Screenshot_20201113-075953

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you take the rear seats out of a 2-door, what kind of diagonal length do we have from back of front seat pushed all the way up????

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Umm, just buy a $30 tent?! I'm not buying this as my camper.
I despise tent camping because whenever I try and do so, there are 20+ MPH winds.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Since this is a recent press release, what trim provides that sweet saddle leather on the rear doors?

Edit: I just noticed the sleeping bags and blanket with Marmot branding. Perhaps, this will be another concept that will be shown at the upcoming Arizona shindig?

Found the Thermos/cup/blanket on Amazon (scroll down to see all three).

That's not saddle leather. It's just the brown "leather" in an Outer Banks
Sponsored