Sponsored

Can anyone help me reach Ford, please? I think I have been scammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a breath, walk around the block, accept the Bronco when it comes in soon. Be happy. Yes, there are weird gyrations, but don't let that ruin it for you. It would appear someone is trying to rectify the situation.

If none of this possible, go buy a Frontier next door and move on with your life. Life is too short to stay angryat a dealership or Ford Motor Company.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I certainly do not want to lawyer up. The Covert family is a super upstandint family, and this is not at all in keeping with their tradition.

Josh told me that there was no need to sign a contract despite three conversations asking about it.

Joseph and Kenny are trying to make it right, but seeing the car matching my stolen and edited reservation is frustrating. I was told that seven (?) customers at the dealership had orders “maliciously” (their word, not mine) altered, and that the Broncos ordered under these original reservations were canceled.

I am not 100% sure that is THE Bronco that hijacked my July 2020 reservation, but it matches the exact specifications of the vehicle.

I am told that this will be made right. Then something happens. Promised it will be made right. Then something else happens. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Except, I do not feel ashamed. I feel confused, disrespected and seriously bamboozled.

Sad that social media is the only way to find any clarity. It’s not okay that you had a bad experience, too. In the long run, this won’t matter so much…right?

BBCB083A-F0D6-4101-8F05-EC950D50FAF8.png

5A767B5F-4744-43A6-BA7E-D95C6DC8A526.png

D648941C-D3EC-4347-8EBF-974C85B1A92D.png
Earlier in this thread you indicated your order is a 2.7 but the website listing you include here is a 2.3, definitely not the same

OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the premise of your original order getting hijacked. You should be happy in receiving the second order with PC'2. A PC'1 is essentially the Bronco falls off the line, a new one is built the next day. A PC'2 is a priority build that goes to the front of the line for the next week. The alternative is they could have just put a shrugged their shoulders and put a second order in at the end of the line. Ideally, the best scenario is if your original order wasn't hijacked. But that issue aside isn't going to be resolved. Now faced with going to the front of the line or waiting at the back, I would think it is preferable to go the front and most people would be happy.
I am glad you are confident knowing what most people would feel. Especially since you are not in the same situation. You have no understanding of the amount of time this has consumed. Nor do you have clarity regarding the nuances of this purchase. It must take a lot of time to learn what most people feel; very few of us are so capable.

OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a breath, walk around the block, accept the Bronco when it comes in soon. Be happy. Yes, there are weird gyrations, but don't let that ruin it for you. It would appear someone is trying to rectify the situation.

If none of this possible, go buy a Frontier next door and move on with your life. Life is too short to stay pissed at a dealership or Ford Motor Company.
Please stop. You are saying things that are unnecessary and inflammatory.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neither supporting nor bashing the person, but pretty sure the words he spoke aren't "inflammatory" by any definition I can find.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Earlier in this thread you indicated your order is a 2.7 but the website listing you include here is a 2.3, definitely not the same
Exactly! That is what happened. My order was altered by someone internally. The car that was was submitted for production under my reservation was not the car that I ordered with Josh. I only found out when Ford sent me aconfirmation for the wrong configuration- model, color, engine, packages…all changed.

OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Neither supporting nor bashing the person, but pretty sure the words he spoke aren't "inflammatory" by any definition I can find.
I find cursing inflammatory. I find offering sarcastic suggestions unnecessary.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are upset that the situation has not played out 100% like you wanted. I have an earlier reservation than you and my Bronco did not come in 100% like I ordered. I did not complain. I thought about how fortunate I am to live in America and buy a very coveted vehicle. I enjoy the Bronco every day.

Free Thought, enjoy your bronco and release the sales person/dealership. Carrying around a bunch of bitterness isn't going to take their commission back. It's not going to make your service experience better. It won't change a single thing except how much you enjoy a very expensive toy.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only want one. I just do not like the idea that the dealership will profit from messing up my order.
Why do you care? You're getting your vehicle. The dealership exists to make money. If you play it right, you can get some discounts on Ford parts to offset your trouble. But going in there thinking you are owed something will just reduce your chance of getting anything.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cursing? Eh, huh?

Telling you to "calm down" isn't sarcastic. Now, the remark about the Frontier, probably.

You are getting a Bronco. Congratulations. Unlike at least (approx.) 50% of the people here who sound like they ordered before you who don't even have VIN numbers or build dates... ya know, people like me...

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are clearly new here, and are the one being inflammatory.

Getting a Priority 2 build puts you well ahead of half the forum, many of whom have a day 1 reservation and no VIN in sight.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly! That is what happened. My order was altered by someone internally. The car that was was submitted for production under my reservation was not the car that I ordered with Josh. I only found out when Ford sent me aconfirmation for the wrong configuration- model, color, engine, packages…all changed.
Is the order sheet you posted the reservation order?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealership is making it right with a new, priority order, don't forget to ensure they extend the price protection of your original reservation. The new order will not have such protection and the dealer will need to take the hit from the MSRP.

Good luck to you and very sorry to see the extremely negative responses of this thread. In hindsight, you probably should have left off the bit about trying to buy both Broncos. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.