Sponsored

Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me.

Name

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a daily driver that is never going off road, definitely skip SAS. SAS = higher cost, more gas, worse ride, more noise, less clearance, and kiddie pool flares (unless Heritage or Everglades).

I don't buy the resale argument. Aren't half of orders non-SAS?
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a Badlands base, non Sas. It will resale better than a base with Sas all day. I think it will MSRP somewhere around $48k. I’ve been daily driving a non Sas badlands and it’s just right. I may move to sas flares mainly because wheel options suck for us non Sas folks.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll know soon the difference in ride. Purchased a brand new Badlands squatch takeoff package to go on my non squatch OBX. The position sensitive Bilstein should be a nice upgrade over the Hitachi shocks. I’m going more for the Badlands with 33 look vs full squatch. Yeah I know the shocks will give just a little more lift than standard Badlands, but not sure it will be enough to notice. Always an option if you just want better shocks and small amount of lift 1-1/2”.
I have had the OBX stock suspension and the Badlands suspension on the same vehicle. The OBX hitachi setup is plush by comparison, but the Badlands suspension definitely is better on washboard roads. It is a trade-off, but a minor trade overall. I would do it again, it's certainly not objectionable, but to say that they ride the same would be dishonest.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get a Badlands base, non Sas. It will resale better than a base with Sas all day. I think it will MSRP somewhere around $48k. I’ve been daily driving a non Sas badlands and it’s just right. I may move to sas flares mainly because wheel options suck for us non Sas folks.
Lots of great wheel options for non-sas folks... This is a smattering of options.

Ford Bronco Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me. 309031171_752730522589284_2959845737329769160_n

OBX wheels Powder Coated Black

Ford Bronco Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me. received_1670734536661668

Factory OBX wheels - typically cheap

Ford Bronco Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me. IMG_20221020_220440

Factory Black Diamond Wheels - often cheap

Ford Bronco Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me. IMG_20220910_181104

RTR Tech 6 rims 17x9 +30 - $260 eac

There are plenty of options... from 16", 17", and 18" you don't have to spend a fortune. The cheapest rims/tires/tpms sensors are usually base, black diamond, and the Outer Banks take-offs. All of which can look amazing with the right love.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No "practical" reason for the Bronco either, other than its a freaking cool vehicle, same reason to get the Sasquatch.
Exactly. Nobody needs a Bronco at all for either on-road or off-road. You can off-road just fine in any old 4x4, and you can on-road in a PoS old Civic but we all wanted NEW Broncos for whatever reason but they are all totally unnecessary.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of great wheel options for non-sas folks... This is a smattering of options.

Ford Bronco Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me. IMG_20220910_181104

OBX wheels Powder Coated Black

Factory OBX wheels - typically cheap

Factory Black Diamond Wheels - often cheap

RTR Tech 6 rims 17x9 +30 - $260 eac

There are plenty of options... from 16", 17", and 18" you don't have to spend a fortune. The cheapest rims/tires/tpms sensors are usually base, black diamond, and the Outer Banks take-offs. All of which can look amazing with the right love.
RTR 17x9+30 puts the poke close to the Sas 17x8.5+35 wheel? The aftermarket (non factory take off) wheel options for non Sas builds not wanting to change fenders is pretty slim. There are about 4 aftermarket wheel options that don’t poke out more than a half inch running non Sas fender. I’m actually kind of fond of the 2021 Ranger carbon grey factory take offs which are pretty reasonable on the after market.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RTR 17x9+30 puts the poke close to the Sas 17x8.5+35 wheel? The aftermarket (non factory take off) wheel options for non Sas builds not wanting to change fenders is pretty slim. There are about 4 aftermarket wheel options that don’t poke out more than a half inch running non Sas fender. I’m actually kind of fond of the 2021 Ranger carbon grey factory take offs which are pretty reasonable on the after market.

Does this look like too much poke? 295/70R17 on the 17x9 +30 with standard fenders (1/2" poke past fenders - most of which is shoulder). I think that it's nowhere near as much poke as the Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me. 20220206_144712

I will have to keep my eyes open for the Ranger wheels.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had the OBX stock suspension and the Badlands suspension on the same vehicle. The OBX hitachi setup is plush by comparison, but the Badlands suspension definitely is better on washboard roads. It is a trade-off, but a minor trade overall. I would do it again, it's certainly not objectionable, but to say that they ride the same would be dishonest.
Good feedback. I guess I’ll see which one I prefer. Did you use the same wheel/tire combo and strictly shock comparison? I hear some say the Bilsteins are smoother and others say Hitachi. No complaints really on ride but maybe smoother on some rough two lanes choppy chip seal roads. And I prefer just a tad more lift that my friends non SAS badlands has.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good feedback. I guess I’ll see which one I prefer. Did you use the same wheel/tire combo and strictly shock comparison? I hear some say the Bilsteins are smoother and others say Hitachi. No complaints really on ride but maybe smoother on some rough two lanes choppy chip seal roads. And I prefer just a tad more lift that my friends non SAS badlands has.
Compared with stock OBX rims/tires and Patagonia M/T's on RTR Tech 6 with both suspensions. The tires change the overall quality/nature of the ride - but the suspension observations are completely independent from the tire observations.

The stock rims and tires are the best for freeway driving with either suspension providing more grip and are quieter overall, the M/T's are more sure footed and soak-up terrain off-road better with either suspension.

I have only run the Black Diamond rims/tires on the Bilsteins, but I would argue that it's the best compromise between the two. Quiet on the street, but good off-road.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m running 33” Terra Grapplers I agree the OBX tires are quite. They are sitting in my shop on stock rims with like 30 miles on them. It will be interesting to see/feel the difference.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Possibly. But stock units are supposed to be limited to Big Bend non-Squatch flappy tops.
Not quite. Dealer orders are supposed to be 4-door floppy tops. No Badlands or Wildtrack, no sasquatch, and I think no advanced transfer case.

Most are probably going to end up as OBX instead of BB.

2022BD

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'm only interested in getting a base 4dr, 2.7 ecoboost engine, hardtop and aux switches. Would come out to 41k msrp, however with the sasquatch package it would be close to 47k. I don't offroad and this will be my daily but would it be worth the money considering it would be covered in warranty and other Pros like the upgraded suspension, Or am i better off going base non SAS and add a lift, bigger tires for the look?

2022BD

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'm only interested in getting a base 4dr, 2.7 ecoboost engine, hardtop and aux switches. Would come out to 41k msrp, however with the sasquatch package it would be close to 47k. I don't offroad and this will be my daily but would it be worth the money considering it would be covered in warranty and other Pros like the upgraded suspension, Or am i better off going base non SAS and add a lift, bigger tires for the look?
Nope…..order banks don’t open until November 2023
Sponsored