Sponsored

Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'm only interested in getting a base 4dr, 2.7 ecoboost engine, hardtop and aux switches. Would come out to 41k msrp, however with the sasquatch package it would be close to 47k. I don't offroad and this will be my daily but would it be worth the money considering it would be covered in warranty and other Pros like the upgraded suspension, Or am i better off going base non SAS and add a lift, bigger tires for the look?

Depending on the how long you plan on keeping it. Resale value will be WAY higher with the sasquatch package.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely hold better resale with SAS even if not used for off-roading.
Definitely hold better resale value especially if not used for off-roading...
There, I fixed it for you.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SQ definitely ! !

But 2.3 is PLENTY of power, unless you wanna tow a houseboat or something

And 2.3 is about 100x more reliable
I wouldn't go that far, how many miles do you have on your 2.3?

I already have 47k on my "suspect" 21180 day 2.7 motor.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my two cents... let's compare

base 2.7 sasquatch MIC

vs

obx 2.3 adv 4x4 MIC with mid package.

These otherwise very similar priced builds would be a better comparison at the same price point. All should be close to about $47k.

Depending on the amount of tech I wanted, I would suggest that either could be a better value. Especially when you consider that you can get high package for only $1300 more and the OBX cloth seats are way nicer than the base seats.

Without Sasquatch, nothing will beat the base on price alone.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already have 47k on my "suspect" 21180 day 2.7 motor.
I swear you must do nothing but drive from one end of the state to the other. Stopping just long enough to take a piss at Bucee's and make a quick post here.

Sponsored

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So my two cents... let's compare

base 2.7 sasquatch MIC

vs

obx 2.3 adv 4x4 MIC with mid package.

These otherwise very similar priced builds would be a better comparison at the same price point. All should be close to about $47k.

Depending on the amount of tech I wanted, I would suggest that either could be a better value. Especially when you consider that you can get high package for only $1300 more and the OBX cloth seats are way nicer than the base seats.

Without Sasquatch, nothing will beat the base on price alone.
Me personally if I’m getting the outerbanks I’m going all out for the lux package. That was actually my other option before I made my choice on getting the base

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swear you must do nothing but drive from one end of the state to the other. Stopping just long enough to take a piss at Bucee's and make a quick post here.

I do all my posting while I drive. ;)

I am headed to Houston on Sunday, should hit 50k by the 1 year vehicle anniversary (19 November 2022).

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what is the point of the Base? Looks. That’s all I can think of. So if you just want a cool-looking Bronco, buy a base and throw on some take-off wheels and tires from another Bronco and you’re done. If you want anything more out of it, either add Sasquatch or go for a higher-end model
Okay I’m all about the base Sasquatch but I have to disagree that a base base is for looks only. With some two peddle driving, I rarely need the lockers. Swap in some 32 or 33s and have fun. Check out Dusty’s early off-roading videos before they started building out their bronco. Still very capable. I’m not saying the gearing, axles, suspension, 4A isn’t worth it; it’s absolutely is worth it to me. But a base base isn’t just for looks.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
After off roadeo I’m very happy I have front lockers on my base Sasquatch. Also, not having 4A would be a pain in the ass in the winter as 4H likes to bind in parking lots.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP, I'm similar to you in that my Bronco serves as a capable daily driver and utility vehicle. I will not off-road it - IMO you are better off putting the 7k toward a beater or side by side if that's what you want to do instead of wrecking your new $40k+ vehicle on the trails. I did not get sasquatch package and absolutely am thrilled with the on-road manners and gas mileage of my Bronco. Don't listen to anybody that says the ride quality with sas is just as good on the road because it flat out isn't. A standard Bronco sits just as tall or taller than as a stock 4runner and taller than my TRD off-road Tacoma I had before it and I could go pretty much anywhere I wanted with that thing in factory form. I've learned my lesson with rocking bigger/more aggressive tires and such... "cool" at first but the annoyances day to day just aren't worth it for me. Just my .02.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll know soon the difference in ride. Purchased a brand new Badlands squatch takeoff package to go on my non squatch OBX. The position sensitive Bilstein should be a nice upgrade over the Hitachi shocks. I’m going more for the Badlands with 33 look vs full squatch. Yeah I know the shocks will give just a little more lift than standard Badlands, but not sure it will be enough to notice. Always an option if you just want better shocks and small amount of lift 1-1/2”.

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I'm only interested in getting a base 4dr, 2.7 ecoboost engine, hardtop and aux switches. Would come out to 41k msrp, however with the sasquatch package it would be close to 47k. I don't offroad and this will be my daily but would it be worth the money considering it would be covered in warranty and other Pros like the upgraded suspension, Or am i better off going base non SAS and add a lift, bigger tires for the look?
It really is a personal preference. I wanted the lift and larger tires. I didn't get the Sasquatch package because they only offer one tire and wheel combo. I wanted to choose my own wheels and tires. I did a simple 2" Rough Country lift. It lifted and leveled my Big Bend. I ordered wheels and tires in the same size that would come with the Sasquatch package. Lift, wheels, and tires was about $2,500. I did the lift myself and had the local shop mount the tire and do the alignment. Just my opinion.

IMG_4887.jpeg

Xrayphoton1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We need a follow up from OP. His dealer lied to him. You can't place a new order. I'm guessing they're just adding him to a list to submit later when order banks open

Rrehder

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford pretty much drops the buildable stock specs. in WBDO. Since I don't do any of the ordering, not sure how much they can be changed if at all. If they're going to "order" one, it's technically not stock, it's a new retail order.

They've got a standard BB (2.3,4d, soft), 2 standard BDs (2.7,4d, soft), and one mid OB (2.7, 4d, soft) sitting in my list right now. Again, not sure how much these can be modified before they can or can't be built but I'd like to know if the dealer is just getting a pre order file together or what exactly they're doing. Not saying anything shady is going on but there's something missing.
My dealer is doing this… just getting preorders together. They are also using my preorder info so that if an existing person fails to go through with their sale, they can reach out to me to see if I’m interested in a similar build.
Sponsored