Sponsored

Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trailer tow is a must also
You can't get that on a base though.

I added a hitch myself(very easy), wiring is plug n play for 4 pin(still on bench, probably do it in spring)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Didnā€™t think of the mod bumper. What would be the different between going aftermarket for a bumper and getting the one that you can option with ford ?
Well, my thought is mod bumper over plastic bumper every time. But if you already know you are getting aftermarket then plastic is fine since it is a throw away. My thoughts are for those that want to later upgrade their plastic to mod, just get the mod. It's a great bumper and looks the part. I love it

I wouldn't settle for plastic bump, get mod or aftermarket

At least with mod bump everything is already installed(as opposed to aftermarket) and has warranty(not that you really need it with a bumper)

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you want big tires and a lift then yes the base sasquatch is the smartest way to achieve that. Just know that you're paying for sasquatch package, and will be paying with reduced mpg for the rest of your life.

My base 2 door manual with big bend take offs has 1,000 miles on it and it's getting 21.8 mpg, actual. It's been improving every week as I drive it.

The base model, imo, is a good value, and it includes most of the important things like 8" apple car play screen, it's a proper truck based 4x4, A/C, power windows and power door locks. A comparable jeep is around $8,000 more after you add A/C, power windows and door locks.

Higher models get more of your money for less bang, if I can say it that way. Do you need power seats, leather wrapped wheel, leather seats, etc? It's a truck and regardless of the interior it's still going to drive like a truck.

FYI, if you get the base manual trans, the rear diff has 4.46 gear ratio. You can add bigger take off wheels without worry!
I know your point and itā€™s valid for sure but if I was getting a car for gas mileage I wouldnā€™t even be looking at a bronco lol thatā€™s the least of my worries. And yea I agree with you the base has everything I need. If I was into driving manual Iā€™d for sure do that but Iā€™m going with the 2.7, no manual option for that.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My first 2dr was an Outer Banks no SAS. Had bought the 2" lift, 35" tires and 16" wheels ( i prefer that old school look) when it was totaled. The replacement Outer Banks has SAS which now has my new wheels and tires on it, so I have a lift kit for sale, heh. Both vehicles would have looked very similar with the exception of the flares. Now that I've done some mild 4x4ing, something I had not done in my '77, I wouldn't buy a non SAS'd Bronco. I have not gone through a winter yet, soon to give a report on how the lockers and the 4A work out, but I am excited to see the results.

Good luck with your choice.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So I'm only interested in getting a base 4dr, 2.7 ecoboost engine, hardtop and aux switches. Would come out to 41k msrp, however with the sasquatch package it would be close to 47k. I don't offroad and this will be my daily but would it be worth the money considering it would be covered in warranty and other Pros like the upgraded suspension, Or am i better off going base non SAS and add a lift, bigger tires for the look?
Iā€™m a Basesquatch with Aux switches with a 2.3. The ride is better in the SAS and you will likely spend more in the aftermarket especially with gearing and lockers. Also already calibrated speed limit wise which isnā€™t a big deal but can be a bother. I would do this build all over again, only exception is I would have gotten the MOD bumper.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m a Basesquatch with Aux switches with a 2.3. The ride is better in the SAS and you will likely spend more in the aftermarket especially with gearing and lockers. Also already calibrated speed limit wise which isnā€™t a big deal but can be a bother. I would do this build all over again, only exception is I would have gotten the MOD bumper.
PREACH!

rd50078

Outer Banks
First Name
RD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'm only interested in getting a base 4dr, 2.7 ecoboost engine, hardtop and aux switches. Would come out to 41k msrp, however with the sasquatch package it would be close to 47k. I don't offroad and this will be my daily but would it be worth the money considering it would be covered in warranty and other Pros like the upgraded suspension, Or am i better off going base non SAS and add a lift, bigger tires for the look?
If you are not off roading, go with base non SAS for a quieter ride (tire noise), smoother ride, etc.. base 4X4 will get you where you need to go if you are not big into off road driving. I ordered a new Outer Banks less sasquatch package for these reasons and I live in the midwest part of the country with crappy roads.

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you want big tires and a lift then yes the base sasquatch is the smartest way to achieve that. Just know that you're paying for sasquatch package, and will be paying with reduced mpg for the rest of your life.

My base 2 door manual with big bend take offs has 1,000 miles on it and it's getting 21.8 mpg, actual. It's been improving every week as I drive it.

The base model, imo, is a good value, and it includes most of the important things like 8" apple car play screen, it's a proper truck based 4x4, A/C, power windows and power door locks. A comparable jeep is around $8,000 more after you add A/C, power windows and door locks.

Higher models get more of your money for less bang, if I can say it that way. Do you need power seats, leather wrapped wheel, leather seats, etc? It's a truck and regardless of the interior it's still going to drive like a truck.

FYI, if you get the base manual trans, the rear diff has 4.46 gear ratio. You can add bigger take off wheels without worry!
And if it were solely up to me Iā€™d go with a 2dr SAS but the wifey wants me to get the 4dr, a kid is in the plans in the next couple of years.
If you are not off roading, go with base non SAS for a quieter ride (tire noise), smoother ride, etc.. base 4X4 will get you where you need to go if you are not big into off road driving. I ordered a new Outer Banks less sasquatch package for these reasons and I live in the midwest part of the country with crappy roads.
problem is Iā€™m getting bigger tires regardless. So the ride quality would be better if I SAS package it.

Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think the 2 door rides like a truck. It rides like a jacked up hot hatch honestly. It's very whippy and quite fun to drive.

rd50078

Outer Banks
First Name
RD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you go bigger tires, you still have the option of what tread design you want, aggressive or non-aggressive. Whatever you decide to do, have fun with it.

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FWIW, I went to my dealer a couple days ago and they were saying November 28th as order banks re-opening, but they'll close quickly. I have an order on file with them for when they open back up. I did ask about February 2023 and they were not aware of that date. It's all hearsay until Ford officially announces anything. They could easily open up order banks but not schedule them to go into production for months after the fact.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following this one. If I get a base I will want Sasquatch. If a Black Diamond or BB shows up Iā€™m ok with slightly larger tires than stick base. No real off reading in Florida anyways. Just depends on what dealer calls to offer.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I won't offroad mine and still got the package. Chances are you will end up modifying your Bronco by adding wheels and suspension. Locking differentials for the price of the package seems to be a good deal to me.
Add this to the increase in resale value and it's a no brainer.
That makes zero logical sense. Why would you probably be modifying the suspension and wheels, again, if you are not off roading? It is not worth getting if you're not going to off road it. PERIOD. Resale value? It's going to depreciate and you'll be paying more the first trip to get new tires.
Sponsored