Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I cancelled my reservation for a 2 door last year but I just received an email from Ford saying my 2023 Raptor order is confirmed. Is there a chance I can buy this vehicle without ADM? I guess the dealer converted my reservation to an order after I cancelled and kept it under my name. Probably not going to happen, but might be worth a try. Has this happened to anyone else that cancelled an reservation?

Ford Bronco Can I still claim my reservation?  EDIT AAB26FE1-CE39-49EF-9B01-00D7393CC139
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pit Bear

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're asking the wrong crowd. Call your dealer, and tell them you were notified that your Raptor order was confirmed and that you wanted to insure that it was at MSRP. See what they say.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

They'll probably screw you so tell them you want to change it to a base 2.3 7-spd. I think they'll have to do that, especially if you get Ford involved (I could be wrong, but since its attached to your name I'd give them as much hell as I could)

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance. The change to a Raptor from your 'canceled' 2door reservation didn't automagically happen to benefit you.

You would have better luck with an email from a Nigerian prince.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These dealers never cease to amaze me.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you cancelled the order you are SOL.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the bigger question is how are dealers getting around the COVP on these supposedly cancelled orders? I had an order that I cancelled in the spring of this year. Just received the email from Ford confirming my order for MY'23 for the same cancelled order. It made me think that they kept my driver's license on file from last October when I first submitted the order.

They can then shoehorn a new walk-in order into the "cancelled" order or leave it and treat it as dealer stock as they can't order the same build for their normal dealer stock orders.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the bigger question is how are dealers getting around the COVP on these supposedly cancelled orders? I had an order that I cancelled in the spring of this year. Just received the email from Ford confirming my order for MY'23 for the same cancelled order. It made me think that they kept my driver's license on file from last October when I first submitted the order.

They can then shoehorn a new walk-in order into the "cancelled" order or leave it and treat it as dealer stock as they can't order the same build for their normal dealer stock orders.
Not sure if this is what's happening but it looked like there are ways around the policy.

I remember it says an exception is that the buyer could not secure funding. Possibly dealers can say the buyer told the dealer their loan failed and then the Bronco is free to mark up and sell. If buyer complains, sorry you cancelled.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For 2023 they HAVE to do COVP for carryover orders. If they "took" your identity you may have a leg to stand on. They basically told Ford they have confirmed that YOU are ordering that vehicle.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He wanted to cancel his order and they simply just kept the order to get one for inventory, I dont see the problem with that.
I have a huge problem with that. Dealers aren't supposed to have access to upper trims for stock vehicles. This build took parts that should have went to actual customer orders.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Did you just tell the dealer to cancel your order and walk away? I did have 2 orders at one time with Granger with the second being the Grangetober deal. I ended up canceling it directly from my Ford account, got verification and it even shows still as cancelled along side the current order.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit that they would falsify your documentation if they had it. If they did I can pretty much guarantee that you will not get it anywhere close to msrp if that's how they do business. I'd decide if you really want it and are willing to pay at any cost if not then I'd call Ford and cancel, not the dealer.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These dealers never cease to amaze me.
🤷‍♂️ He canceled the order. Why shouldn't the dealer hang on to it for stock? I'd much rather see them do that instead of screwing someone with an actual order.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He wanted to cancel his order and they simply just kept the order to get one for inventory, I dont see the problem with that.

🤷‍♂️ He canceled the order. Why shouldn't the dealer hang on to it for stock? I'd much rather see them do that instead of screwing someone with an actual order.
It is tied to his Ford account. Maybe not a major problem, but still a problem and now we have this thread to talk about it. If he cancelled the order, it should have been cancelled.
Sponsored