Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if this is what's happening but it looked like there are ways around the policy.

I remember it says an exception is that the buyer could not secure funding. Possibly dealers can say the buyer told the dealer their loan failed and then the Bronco is free to mark up and sell. If buyer complains, sorry you cancelled.
Let me be clear. This is the email from Ford on the acceptance of the MY'23 order being confirmed which only occurs after the acceptance of COVP. This is just an order that is apparently still attached to my name even though I cancelled it in the spring after getting my VIN from another dealer.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is tied to his Ford account. Maybe not a major problem, but still a problem and now we have this thread to talk about it. If he cancelled the order, it should have been cancelled.

In an ideal world, sure. What's been going on for the last 2 years though is dealers with very little stock to sell, so some have been screwing the guys with reservations. I'd much rather see them keep a canceled order than tack on ADM or even sell the Bronco outright to someone else like some have done. Certainly not perfect, but I can think of a lot worse things for the dealer to do.

Now, if I was the OP I'd play dumb and go in and ask when my Raptor was getting there and if we could start the paperwork. I'd have the Ford email in hand. Worst thing they could say was no.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me be clear. This is the email from Ford on the acceptance of the MY'23 order being confirmed which only occurs after the acceptance of COVP. This is just an order that is apparently still attached to my name even though I cancelled it in the spring after getting my VIN from another dealer.
Exactly. Then when the Bronco shows up at the dealership, they tell Ford you could not get approved for your loan, and then dealer can sell it with no penalty.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

🤷‍♂️ He canceled the order. Why shouldn't the dealer hang on to it for stock? I'd much rather see them do that instead of screwing someone with an actual order.
It's not a dealer allocation order for stock, it's a customer order. It might be different if they changed their mind at the last moment or really couldn't get financing or whatever then sure, ADM away but they would get first right of refusal.

Sounds like they just kept a customers order without their knowledge, falsified the verification process and probably would have falsified why the customer name didn't match to Ford.

It's basically stealing an order from someone else that's been waiting, it shouldn't go to some fat cat who just walks up with a wad of cash. Man if you truly believe nothing's wrong with doing business this way then you've probably got upper level management potential. :rolleyes:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OP states that he ordered and canceled a 2 door. The dealer is the one that switched his order to a 2023 Raptor. Which leads us back to Bum's question on how they got around the COVP process.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not a dealer allocation order for stock, it's a customer order. It might be different if they changed their mind at the last moment or really couldn't get financing or whatever then sure, ADM away but they would get first right of refusal.

Sounds like they just kept a customers order without their knowledge, falsified the verification process and probably would have falsified why the customer name didn't match to Ford.

It's basically stealing an order from someone else that's been waiting, it shouldn't go to some fat cat who just walks up with a wad of cash. Man if you truly believe nothing's wrong with doing business this way then you've probably got upper level management potential. :rolleyes:

The order was already in. What was there to falsify? Ford already said the dealers could sell a certain percentage of orders to other people with no ramifications. A business is in business to make money, not make you happy. Sometimes it helps, but it's not required.

Either way, it's a canceled order and no damage was done to the OP. I guess I save my indignation for real problems and don't look to be offended by a business selling a product the original purchaser passed on.

Shoot me an offer on the job. Upper level sounds good. A raise, no weekends or holidays. Corner office isn't required, but would be nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All, please accept my apologies. I cancelled a reservation that was up against an ordering deadline so I didn’t have an order last year. I’ve edited my original post to reflect the change.

Bucky Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I order one got tired of waiting canceled , 7 months later got an email mine was scheduled for the end of October. Called the dealer asked could I still get it , said yes ,still getting at msrp. Every dealer is different.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got my order confirmation from Ford a few days before I submitted my COVP info (signed DORA and copy of my DL).

I suspect the COVP is a second tier verification done after the order is submitted.

The whole purpose of the COVP program is to eliminate the stale, cancelled, and unwanted orders. If dealers are finding a way around the program to get stock, or if Ford isn't enforcing their own rules, I'm going to get real pissed, as will many others that have been waiting years for their Bronco.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I cancelled my reservation for a 2 door last year but I just received an email from Ford saying my 2023 Raptor order is confirmed. Is there a chance I can buy this vehicle without ADM? I guess the dealer converted my reservation to an order after I cancelled and kept it under my name. Probably not going to happen, but might be worth a try. Has this happened to anyone else that cancelled an reservation?

AAB26FE1-CE39-49EF-9B01-00D7393CC139.png
If you can get it at MSRP, get it. Trust me. This is not your typical Bronco. Just my 2cents.

Sponsored

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a huge problem with that. Dealers aren't supposed to have access to upper trims for stock vehicles. This build took parts that should have went to actual customer orders.
A Bronco was getting built whether he cancelled it or not so its not necessarily "stealing" an allocation from someone else. It is way too hard for dealers to get inventory right now to just let something go, especially a Bronco and a Raptor on top of that. There isnt a dealer on this planet that would just cancel that order.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A Bronco was getting built whether he cancelled it or not so its not necessarily "stealing" an allocation from someone else. It is way too hard for dealers to get inventory right now to just let something go, especially a Bronco and a Raptor on top of that. There isnt a dealer on this planet that would just cancel that order.
The larger point is that dealer stock is restricted to lower trims. The allocation isn't being "stolen". But the order should be cancelled when the customer asked it to be. If there are no other buildable customer orders for that dealer than Ford will schedule a moar door BB softie for that dealer. Raptors, WTs, Badlands, etc. should not be dealer stock except where a customer doesn't qualify for financing or had given notice that they won't take delivery after it is scheduled to be built.

To float an order for an upper constrained trim that was cancelled back in February '22 just to gain dealer stock for MY'23 is wrong.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, that is more than likely exactly what it does, takes a Raptor allocation away from another actual reservation holder. This dealer wouldn't be getting that Raptor allocation without the reservation (and it's place in line). It's a GIANT windfall for them. They'll put a huge ADM on it, guaranteed.
Sponsored