Sponsored

Can This 2-Door Hard Top Plate be Safely Removed and Reinstalled?

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought….you could roll up some towels and tape them to the cart on the point of contact so it’s not resting on those brackets, but instead on the towels.
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's built Ford tough, isn't it?

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a thought….you could roll up some towels and tape them to the cart on the point of contact so it’s not resting on those brackets, but instead on the towels.
Going to try a few things but also don’t want to throw off the balance. Might put a 2x4 across the cart so it’s touching multiple places.

Lange says the cart works with the hard top resting on those plates….im just nervous. I also watched a YouTube video where it looks like maybe it was okay setting on those plates…

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly my concern and this will NEVER be done more than once. That being said I’m going to not remove the plate and instead try to use this cart I bought to hopefully maneuver through the doorway. But it’s going to be resting heavily then on soley these two plates with slight balance on the other corners.

Man I pray this works.

Ford Bronco Can This 2-Door Hard Top Plate be Safely Removed and Reinstalled? 4AC2E7AB-25C6-4D76-955D-E4D7D5D82EB8

Ford Bronco Can This 2-Door Hard Top Plate be Safely Removed and Reinstalled? 4AC2E7AB-25C6-4D76-955D-E4D7D5D82EB8
Looks like repurposed Jeep shit. The center of the top should have some support and not put it all on the brackets.

Find a molded plastic socket toolbox or something wrapped in a towel/quilt to put under the center section and some towels under the brackets. Should be good enough for a one way ride.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess we will see…
Did you manage to get the hardtop out the door? If so, did you use the same simple original process in reverse, or the the "way overthinking this" method?

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you manage to get the hardtop out the door? If so, did you use the same simple original process in reverse, or the the "way overthinking this" method?
Update: Team of 2 strong people got it out the doors safely without damage. Tilted it on its side.

Next adventure: Install electric hoist in garage next week.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update: Team of 2 strong people got it out the doors safely without damage. Tilted it on its side.

Next adventure: Install electric hoist in garage next week.
2 people or 4 people?

Thanks all. Managed with 4 of us to successfully get it into the garage through the house with no damage!!!

Sponsored

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
4 were here but only two lifted it out. The other two were moving things out of the way etc.
Sweet! Glad you had the other two people to move things out of the way. Sounds like all your preparation and planning really paid off!

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4 were here but only two lifted it out. The other two were moving things out of the way etc.
It's important to have cheerleaders.
Sponsored