Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is the "replacement" for my totaled 2012 Scion FRS. When I got the FRS, I was single and lived in the city. Now I am married and live in the country. I seriously considered getting the GR86 during the darker parts of my Bronco wait but with Toyota supplies being what they are, I wasn't going to get it spec'd the way I want without going through major pain and similar problems to my Bronco wait.

I miss hooning around the country roads and the Bronco ain't going to scratch that itch but the Bronco is the better option for me. Ultimately you have to decide what you can best use. Good luck either way.
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you take the doors and roof off the Toyota? If so, get it. If not…I’d stick with the Bronco!

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The other good thing about the gr86 looked for it on a Wednesday picked it up on a Thursday for sticker price unlike the Broncos.

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco is the "replacement" for my totaled 2012 Scion FRS. When I got the FRS, I was single and lived in the city. Now I am married and live in the country. I seriously considered getting the GR86 during the darker parts of my Bronco wait but with Toyota supplies being what they are, I wasn't going to get it spec'd the way I want without going through major pain and similar problems to my Bronco wait.

I miss hooning around the country roads and the Bronco ain't going to scratch that itch but the Bronco is the better option for me. Ultimately you have to decide what you can best use. Good luck either way.
Congrats on the delivery of your eruption green 2D!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have really been eyeing the Corolla GR and 400Z

Sponsored

CCM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was in the same boat as you, ordering a 2 door bronco with no end in sight.
Then I saw the new Z and 86, and said wow I like both of those. Went to the Chicago auto show, and was instantly turned off from the Z.
I had an frs back in 2015 over a miata, and while it was fun, it just didn't give me what I wanted so I sold it and went with motorcycles. So I thought maybe I'll like the new one today, but it's still too slow in the modern age.
Fast forward to 2022, I decided to say no more to the bronco idea because I want to drive something I enjoy rather than waiting.
I bought a used C6 corvette because it will do everything that I wanted out of the bronco.
2 doors, manual, removable hard top, and extremely fun to drive. I wanted to go off road, but realistically I'd be able to go once a year.
Ended up cheaper than every other vehicle I was interested in, and I'm averaging 27mpg.

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought they stopped taking orders for the BRZ\GR86.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im kicking around buying one after I take delivery of the Bronco. Im 41yo, no kids, no debt add have driven hot hatches for the last 20yrs. Im gonna struggle not having a fun car in my life especially living 45min from the Dragons Tail.

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was in the same boat as you, ordering a 2 door bronco with no end in sight.
Then I saw the new Z and 86, and said wow I like both of those. Went to the Chicago auto show, and was instantly turned off from the Z.
I had an frs back in 2015 over a miata, and while it was fun, it just didn't give me what I wanted so I sold it and went with motorcycles. So I thought maybe I'll like the new one today, but it's still too slow in the modern age.
Fast forward to 2022, I decided to say no more to the bronco idea because I want to drive something I enjoy rather than waiting.
I bought a used C6 corvette because it will do everything that I wanted out of the bronco.
2 doors, manual, removable hard top, and extremely fun to drive. I wanted to go off road, but realistically I'd be able to go once a year.
Ended up cheaper than every other vehicle I was interested in, and I'm averaging 27mpg.
wow I love the C6 idea but I need a little more practicality I think. I love the looks of the C5 but the old gm interiors just kill me.

I have been looking into buying a motorcycle like the Honda Navi or Grom. for 2k and 100+mpg it might really help save money on gas and be fun while I wait for bronccoli

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought they stopped taking orders for the BRZ\GR86.
You can sort of order one and when they make one that mostly matches it then it goes to you. That was what Toyota told me anyways. 1000 deposit

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im kicking around buying one after I take delivery of the Bronco. Im 41yo, no kids, no debt add have driven hot hatches for the last 20yrs. Im gonna struggle not having a fun car in my life especially living 45min from the Dragons Tail.
Watch Tophers POV drive in a bronco and you may be surprised how spirited the drive seems.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch Tophers POV drive in a bronco and you may be surprised how spirited the drive seems.
Every vehicle has a purpose, corner carving and Bronco dont go together.

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Every vehicle has a purpose, corner carving and Bronco dont go together.
Did you watch the video? I mean yea if you want a grip car I get it.

CCM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
wow I love the C6 idea but I need a little more practicality I think. I love the looks of the C5 but the old gm interiors just kill me.

I have been looking into buying a motorcycle like the Honda Navi or Grom. for 2k and 100+mpg it might really help save money on gas and be fun while I wait for bronccoli
You can fit 8 foot boards in the C6 if you need lol, that's practical right?
100% recommend a grom though. I had a 2019 but sold it and now I'm on my third sportster. But I might pick up another one and add it to the stable because they're good daily machines.

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can fit 8 foot boards in the C6 if you need lol, that's practical right?
100% recommend a grom though. I had a 2019 but sold it and now I'm on my third sportster. But I might pick up another one and add it to the stable because they're good daily machines.
might have to if gas keeps going up. how much did u pay for motorcycle insurance?
Sponsored