Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just ordered the Yakima exo system. With additional upper level. The pakmule is great and indestructible. But you can open the swing gate when it’s loaded. The Yakima swings out when fully loaded. Also to clear rear tire most hitch racks will need a hitch extension like the Yakima model you can order from ford
I am very interested in using the Yakima EXO system with Bronco but concerned about the spare tire clearance...

Do you have pics with your Yakima EXO installed on Bronco?
Will it work w/o a hitch extender if you do not use the upper level?
Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 1UP bike rack and their engineering and build quality is phenomenal. I had no idea they made a cargo rack as I’ve never researched them, but will definitely go with them. Plus I can add a bike rack attachment to it which is great. I would just sell my regular bike rack then.

But to show the build quality of the 1UP, here is a pic of the bike rack.
Ford Bronco Cargo space solution: pakmule 8CAF4DA7-F37A-4F9E-A64E-A5D93A3ACDEB

ChathamShark

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021, ’20 & ’15 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very interested in using the Yakima EXO system with Bronco but concerned about the spare tire clearance...

Do you have pics with your Yakima EXO installed on Bronco?
Will it work w/o a hitch extender if you do not use the upper level?
i don’t have pics cause bronco is at different location than racks. The base of the rack on which you install various cargo options (box, basket etc.) is approximately 10” from inside end of hitch insert. Given depth of hitch receiver, that’s not a lot of clearance. I suppose you might be able to store some cargo, but I doubt you’ll get much vertical. A big yeti cooler could be a problem.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I pulled the trigger on a Kurt model cargo carrier (for our highlander, don't have the bronc yet). It's steel and fairly heavy but I am inpressed with the build quality and coating thickness, I have no doubts it will last a long time. I also purchased an anti rattle clamp, the basket stays perfectly straight and does not budge one bit. I will try to use this set up on the Bronco but may need an extension. Or ideally, I would like to get the Kuat pivot.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 1UP bike rack and their engineering and build quality is phenomenal. I had no idea they made a cargo rack as I’ve never researched them, but will definitely go with them. Plus I can add a bike rack attachment to it which is great. I would just sell my regular bike rack then.

The Best Bike Rack!

Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the 1Ups are the best. But I have to use an extension to clear the 35 tire. I don't like the look that much. The rack was on 24/7 on the previous car. I take it off and on with the Bronco. See attached pic.

rack.jpg

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think the 1Ups are the best. But I have to use an extension to clear the 35 tire. I don't like the look that much. The rack was on 24/7 on the previous car. I take it off and on with the Bronco. See attached pic.

Ford Bronco Cargo space solution: pakmule rack
Not a huge fan of the extension either but it is what it is. I will do what I have to do to keep using the best rack. I just won’t leave it on either.

D-R0CK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is cool. Any experience with it?
None...just seems like an option with a lot of utility. Reviews look mostly good. I saw another similar option with larger bicycle style wheels too, but it didn't have the raised end. I like the raised side to be able to keep antlers as far away from the road as possible. Not that I am ever lucky enough to shoot big bucks, but you know, just in case.

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 1UP USA 60” Cargo Tray just arrived and is quality as always. I will post pics on here when my Kuat Pivot 2 to arrives (slated next week).
Ford Bronco Cargo space solution: pakmule F57E8822-5BA3-4A95-80D5-5B586C658821

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 1UP USA 60” Cargo Tray just arrived and is quality as always. I will post pics on here when my Kuat Pivot 2 to arrives (slated next week).
Can you take a pic with this on the bronco? Also...same top-notch quality as the bike racks? Thanks

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

somewhere on here is a thread about the Yakima, you need an extension, but that's not a problem. I think they figured a 9 inch was the right size, but don't remember exactly, might have been shorter, should be easy to find.
It's what I'll be getting, I like the modularity, cargo or bikes or boxes etc. And it swings to the side, I won't ever get anything that does not swing out of the way, so I can open the rear.
Have a swing away bike rack on my Taco, great functionality.

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my sway-back yesterday, pumped!

This is with the Curt 13493 aftermarket receiver, and the squatch spare clears just fine!

On a side note, like the color of your house.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you take a pic with this on the bronco? Also...same top-notch quality as the bike racks? Thanks
I absolutely will post pics soon, probably on its own thread in this forum. Waiting to get everything finished (DENY lock for Yeti etc) before doing so.

Yes the cargo carrier is quality like the bike carrier. I was deciding whether to do the bike carrier with a smaller add-on cargo carrier, or do the big cargo carrier with the bike add on and am going to do the later as I want a bigger cargo carrier (60”). I will sell my 1UP super single locally.
Sponsored