Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been running the ford deluxe rear cargo for a year and love it. Upper and lower storage, and security when I run safari top.

I need to take it out for dog transport, so I'm planning to install the JCR window MOLLE and pet barrier.

I'd like to find a way to still secure the cargo area when not riding with the dog. Envisioning the same lid with the ability to attach to the side MOLLE with some form of quick release. I know M2M offers the gas strut basket, but just not enough of a security lid, or pet barrier.

Thought about finding a local fabricator, but wanted to poll the crowd first.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been running the ford deluxe rear cargo for a year and love it. Upper and lower storage, and security when I run safari top.

I need to take it out for dog transport, so I'm planning to install the JCR window MOLLE and pet barrier.

I'd like to find a way to still secure the cargo area when not riding with the dog. Envisioning the same lid with the ability to attach to the side MOLLE with some form of quick release. I know M2M offers the gas strut basket, but just not enough of a security lid, or pet barrier.

Thought about finding a local fabricator, but wanted to poll the crowd first.
I've waited for something like this for 1.5 years now. I have the Ford enclosure but it has a heavy lid that is a pain to remove and put back on time after time. Need something lite or foldable that is super easy to deal with for pets etc. Goat Fabrication was close but someone has to build something.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Build something with extruded aluminum. You don't have to go overboard like I did, but it can be held in temporarily with basic clamps using the tie downs. And you can simply lift the whole thing out if needed.

As for security, it's up to you. But if you were to enclose everything except the tailgate side, they wouldn't be able to open the tailgate and so they couldn't get to the stuff inside. Or they do make doors with locks I believe.

OP
OP
HorizonHunter

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build something with extruded aluminum. You don't have to go overboard like I did, but it can be held in temporarily with basic clamps using the tie downs. And you can simply lift the whole thing out if needed.

As for security, it's up to you. But if you were to enclose everything except the tailgate side, they wouldn't be able to open the tailgate and so they couldn't get to the stuff inside. Or they do make doors with locks I believe.
Pictures for reference?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Diabolicals slipstream enclosure help much? Raingler also makes nets you can use instead of hard molle grates

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
HorizonHunter

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Diabolicals slipstream enclosure help much? Raingler also makes nets you can use instead of hard molle grates
Last I heard Diabolical didn't work with MOLLE, which I would need for pet barrier?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pictures for reference?
Well, what I did wouldn't even resemble what you're trying to do. But you can take extruded aluminum build a big rectangle box with one locking door (either on top or towards the tailgate), and closed in All the other sides but the bottom.

That would allow you to continue to have access to the cargo floor storage. Or you could close off even the bottom and then when you lift the whole thing out all your junk inside comes with it (albeit heavier)

If you decide to go that route, I highly recommend Tnutz because they are the best priced.
Sponsored