Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered the Pakmule Swayback. I’m excited to use it with my Bronco Sport for camping until my 2DR arrives.
I’m probably going to buy the Pakmule Swayback. It’s TIG welded in the US and is super solid.

Yakima has a new swing away hitch system called Exo. It looks really cool and I’m intrigued. It’s certainly more prone to failure than the Pakmule though.
I just ordered the Pakmule Swayback. I’m excited to use it with my Bronco Sport for camping until my 2DR Bronco arrives. It looks like a solid well-built product.

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI- PakMule SwayBack Fits Sasquatch 35".
Guy down the street has them. I mounted a SwayBack yesterday to my BD Sas. The tire clears by 1" when you open the rear door.

I get that for the $ its not for everyone who a $100-250 unit will perform perfectly . $795 is steep, though it's really impressively built. For a long long term investment it would pay off over the off shore nuts and bolts competition.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guy down the street has them. I mounted a SwayBack yesterday to my BD Sas. The tire clears by 1" when you open the rear door.

I get that for the $ its not for everyone who a $100-250 unit will perform perfectly . $795 is steep, though it's really impressively built. For a long long term investment it would pay off over the off shore nuts and bolts competition.
Good info. Did you happen to take a pic?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have always been in the camp that I would rather load my cargo area to the roof with no visibility, than to pack it to top of the rear seats, and worry about something hanging off the back of the vehicle, or flying off, or getting wet. In some weird way, my mind would be more at ease with no visibility and everything onboard than the alternative.....now if you were packing up to the roof AND needed a a device like this, that's a different story. Although chances are you probably just need a bigger truck at that rate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wickspick

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Good to know, thanks for info!

Tulumben

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are using something like this often, wouldn't you have just been better off with a pickup truck?

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a Curt tray for my Durango. Works great. Only cost $150.

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you underestimate the longevity of a $150 steel model. It’s not like you’ll have to buy five of them over the lifetime of this expensive aluminum model. There will likely be zero "payoff."

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I started looking more into Pakmule, and it looks like I may retract my statement about just buying a cheap basket and a drop hitch. The Pakmule offers fork bike mounts (in modern 15x110mm for mountain bikes) and I could carry a cooler on the back and a bike or two which would be awesome. Just looking at getting a swingaway hitch of some sort to move the basket out of the way when not in use.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got my sway-back yesterday, pumped!

This is with the Curt 13493 aftermarket receiver, and the squatch spare clears just fine!

Ford Bronco Cargo space solution: pakmule A568E2FA-D391-4846-997D-47F65CB315E3

Ford Bronco Cargo space solution: pakmule 6771B826-12B6-4617-813A-0555D5A9E5A8

Ford Bronco Cargo space solution: pakmule B2BDB498-1EE7-4C64-861B-569446D5FA49

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided