subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been tracking price and inventory on Broncos at Carmax using the nationwide search. I had given up on my order and was starting to look used around October last year. They dropped around $5000 Nov-Dec and inventory was about 35.

Jan-Feb, prices bumped back up $2000 and inventory was 27.

March they now have 22, down 2 from last week.

I wanted a 2 door base, and average is $44,000 today.

Luckily out of nowhere mine got scheduled even though the dealer is waiting on almost 100 Broncos. Was only 8 days from assembly to delivery in Illinois.

Carmax wouldn't quote me online, so stopped by and they offered $6000 over what I paid(with price protection) so about $3800 in profit after tax and registration. Not worth it to me. I'm actually looking for another one because someone else in my family adopted this one.

I'm wondering if Carmax is catering to people with less than perfect credit because it looks like some here are finding them around retail.

I'm also guessing that as soon as the temps hit 60-70 here in the midwest, inventory will drop to practically nothing.

D.
Sponsored

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only 9 left at carmax, and prices increased.

Odd thing is, inventory is up at Carvana and prices went down there.

I'm just planning to order a second one in the next month or two.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn’t CarMax near or in bankruptcy? Relative who’s a Sales Mgr for a Mercedes dealership told me a few weeks back that the internet guys, CarMax, etc, were paying way too much thus their financial/liquidity problems.

kind of like in 2005-2007 when folks were saying RE always goes up…. No, it doesn’t as RE prices in 2009 -2013 ish proved.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isn’t CarMax near or in bankruptcy? Relative who’s a Sales Mgr for a Mercedes dealership told me a few weeks back that the internet guys, CarMax, etc, were paying way too much thus their financial/liquidity problems.

kind of like in 2005-2007 when folks were saying RE always goes up…. No, it doesn’t as RE prices in 2009 -2013 ish proved.
Actually it's Carvana that was (is) close to bankruptcy.