indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
With delivery charge the updated price for 2-door base manual looks like 32k. :(

As a Ford stock holder, I think you guys should all "stay pumped" and buy. For sure at least, you'll have a Bronco "by September". ;)

As an open top 4x4 fan who was excited about Bronco, with all the other issues I was kind of waiting for that last straw to push over the line, feeling like it's time to focus in a different direction.
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadly, the answer is almost assuredly, no. Ford added price protection to last until the end of 2023MY (when they claimed the mod top would be available). There is no way they extend it. Too much money left on the table.

I predict they will lose the price protection at that point to try getting the remaining reservation holders to go away. Do not forget, Ford has even less incentive to build those units before stock or new orders because they will not make as much money. (assuming actual invoice has increased as well.) Heck, to punish Granger customers further, they could raise the (fake) invoice more than the 'price protection' by eating into the difference between it and MSRP as they know the deals are based on invoice pricing. By the time I get mine, there will be rebates on them maybe, of course they will not be valid with any price protections or some such BS.

Ford has worked really hard to set the expectations low and they still continue to find ways to do less.
Can someone explain in detail how grainger customers are being punished more than others?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone explain in detail how grainger customers are being punished more than others?
For me it's the estimated 2024/5 build date. :mad:

Even with chip and commodity constraints, Ford could have built most (non-modtop) reservation orders in 2022 and all in 2023. They are intentionally choosing not to. Every time I see a post by some walk-in yahoo bragging about how they ordered a month ago and already have a VIN/build or occasionally even the actual truck it really pisses me off since there are reservation holders with that EXACT build that were passed over.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me it's the estimated 2024/5 build date. :mad:

Even with chip and commodity constraints, Ford could have built most (non-modtop) reservation orders in 2022 and all in 2023. They are intentionally choosing not to. Every time I see a post by some walk-in yahoo bragging about how they ordered a month ago and already have a VIN/build or occasionally even the actual truck it really pisses me off since there are reservation holders with that EXACT build that were passed over.
But that isn't grainger specific

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what if you already have an estimated build date? Is that Bronco affected by this change?

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But that isn't grainger specific
Correct. It impacts any and all (mostly small) Ford dealers that have more reservations than they have allocations. Granger, Chapman and SAC are just prime examples.

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guys....please try to complain less. Price increases are a reality - you like getting raises at work.
If you ordered that price should be locked in; what are you even saying? People who are ordering today should have the prices reflect on what they ordered. To keep raising the prices on people who already have been waiting for 1+ years is redic.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.

Reactions: Jdc

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Price protected MSRP Bronco is now the best car deal out there if you got it. .

Everything is going to keep getting more expensive.

lunatics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel like I will never be able to afford a Bronco, between the price increases, insane mark ups, over priced used cars...I just don't know when I will ever be able to realistically think about getting one. Saw a used 2 door with 3k miles on it being sold at a dealership in my state for almost $70k. I feel like I will need a new car in the next 5 years or so and have been trying to make improvements to my life and focus on saving money more to hopefully get a Bronco but unless things drastically change over the next couple years I can't see myself being able to afford one which really sucks.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So sad to see the price increases, but totally understandable.

I reserved on 7/15/20 and had a signed purchase agreement when I reserved...this was before the craziness happened with dealer mark-ups and increased MSRP prices. My agreement with the dealer in-writing was for Invoice w/no dealer fees.

Since I didn't get picked up for a 2021 build, I got the price protection for my 2022 build. Picked up my Bronco a couple of weeks ago and this is how the cost was broken down:

2022 Badlands 4-door, 2.7, Auto, Soft Top, Lux, Sasquatch, Keyless Entry Pad
MSRP: $57,515
Invoice: $55,349
Price Protection: ($975)
Out the door price: $54,374

That's nearly $5,000 less than today's 2022 MSRP of $59,265.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So sad to see the price increases, but totally understandable.

I reserved on 7/15/20 and had a signed purchase agreement when I reserved...this was before the craziness happened with dealer mark-ups and increased MSRP prices. My agreement with the dealer in-writing was for Invoice w/no dealer fees.

Since I didn't get picked up for a 2021 build, I got the price protection for my 2022 build. Picked up my Bronco a couple of weeks ago and this is how the cost was broken down:

2022 Badlands 4-door, 2.7, Auto, Soft Top, Lux, Sasquatch, Keyless Entry Pad
MSRP: $57,515
Invoice: $55,349
Price Protection: ($975)
Out the door price: $54,374

That's nearly $5,000 less than today's 2022 MSRP of $59,265.
That's a nice savings. Although 54k is still a lot of money. Coincidently, I bought my old Land Rover years ago for $6000, from a guy in Colorado Springs.

I'd say to anyone bummed about the new Bronco situation and increasing costs, avoid getting too hung up on the Bronco image. The real key is getting out there and having some adventure exploring and off-roading, which doesn't require a Bronco.

Ford Bronco Increased Prices? SeriesIII88sm
Sponsored