Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm afraid our price goes up if you ordered after 3/19/21. Of course I'm speculating but that's what I'd expect from Ford at this point.
I think it’s 2/14/22 wass as the cut-off this go around
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadly, the answer is almost assuredly, no. Ford added price protection to last until the end of 2023MY (when they claimed the mod top would be available). There is no way they extend it. Too much money left on the table.

I predict they will lose the price protection at that point to try getting the remaining reservation holders to go away. Do not forget, Ford has even less incentive to build those units before stock or new orders because they will not make as much money. (assuming actual invoice has increased as well.) Heck, to punish Granger customers further, they could raise the (fake) invoice more than the 'price protection' by eating into the difference between it and MSRP as they know the deals are based on invoice pricing. By the time I get mine, there will be rebates on them maybe, of course they will not be valid with any price protections or some such BS.

Ford has worked really hard to set the expectations low and they still continue to find ways to do less.
I have a 8/23/20 reservation and I dont think I see mine in 2023 with how it going and I already lost money because I paid for Mustangs of America club for the last 2 years just to get the Ford X plan

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess the price holding is the least we can ask for- especially for the early reservation holders of 2020 that are still waiting- and will be waiting awhile the way things are going.

I was up in the air if I was going to even accept my Bronco when it comes in. But if the price of my Basesquatch is held from initial pricing of 2020 when I reserved it second day- and the dealer gives to me for MSRP that I am hopeful they will honor their promise when I spoke to them earlier this year, I am sure going to take it. With inflation, average price of a new car being like 45K now- and I can get the Bronco for the 40K price from 2020 it's a no brainer. Jeez by the time I get it in 2023 a base Corolla will probably be 40K.

And I have posted before that I was not going to get the Bronco due to the gas mileage as I was planning to retire. But with inflation I won't be able to retire anyway now, so might as well drive a new Bronco and work just to pay the gas.

Last edited:

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sadly, the answer is almost assuredly, no. Ford added price protection to last until the end of 2023MY (when they claimed the mod top would be available). There is no way they extend it. Too much money left on the table.

I predict they will lose the price protection at that point to try getting the remaining reservation holders to go away. Do not forget, Ford has even less incentive to build those units before stock or new orders because they will not make as much money.
Ford spent 1.8 Billion in advertising in 2020. I seriously doubt they would take the bad press just to save a few million by screwing over a very vocal group of gearheads family members go to for car advice.

Now anyone who reserved late, not looking good...

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Black Diamond build went up $1250.
4 door? So is that $2,075 up from MY21? Wonder if there will be another increase in MY23. Holding out on this reservation in Code 99…

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the world of inflation! Pray it doesn’t get worse. Seriously.…

I lived in Argentina in 1981/2. Inflation was over 100% at the time. Restaurants had masking tape in the pricing area since the prices changed weekly.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just checked my purchase agreement, and Wildtrak is up $1900 in the past week since I bought mine as well. Not to mention, the $825 price protection rebate. Buying my Bronco again would cost me an addition al $2725!

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like my same build would cost me $2,020 more. I wonder if we are still allowed to make changes or if changes will result in a new price? I am going through this with Tesla right now which did 3 or 4 price increases since I ordered and I wanted to change two selections which would reduced the price, but i can’t because my starting base price moves to todays base price resulting in a way higher price on a less optioned vehicle.
Im calling this morning
I want to drop Sasquatch, but if dropping it raises my base price $2000 I may as well leave it, but is my whole package going up $2000 anyway!??

I also noticed they say auto start is only Everglades and Badlands

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5ish% increase on a vehicle that is often selling for $5K-$10K ADM doesn't seem unreasonable. I picked up my Bronco mid-October & I'll bet I missed peak value on my trade-in by more than the cost of these MSRP bumps

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will it go up if we’ve already ordered or will we get the price we ordered at?
I just picked up a revised Purchase agreement reflecting new VIN and packages from my dealer for a badlands at 54030 and wondering if they are going to charge additional fee? What if the window sticker reflects price prior to increase?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well shit, by the time I get mine it'll be like a million dollars. :)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will it go up if we’ve already ordered or will we get the price we ordered at?
If you ordered prior to the magic date your order has price protection through 2023 MY. Only changes in options would see higher price. So if your order is constrained by one option, exchanging that for a lower priced option might actually cost more
Sponsored