First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just went and built the same Bronco same package and all... it would cost me 3,395.00 more today than the one I have now....

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can someone explain in detail how grainger customers are being punished more than others?
I have had the same question when I read these threads. Which I don't often, because I guess I'm happy daydreaming and living vicariously through those with their Bronco for the time being. And because this is literally the only "social media" I use exactly because I can't take the acrimony and that's exactly what these threads breed. But, here I am...For the record, late reservation (August 2021), later order (October 2021), and I'm expecting to wait [according to dealer] until at least July 2022.

But, here's the thing. I went through my hometown local dealer and its small. I could have ordered my Bronco through a metro Detroit dealer with higher allocations and probably gotten it sooner. I may be mistaken, but didn't Granger offer a MSRP discount to attract buyers? And, didn't they already operate under an allocation-based system? The consumer shouldn't have to know all of the allocation details (I know I didn't when I ordered a Transit Connect in 2019). But also, every decision has a consequence. So, ordering a hyped product, during a supply chain crisis, from a dealer that's acting as a magnet for orders nationwide, under an allocation system, is risky as it turns out. Just like ordering from a tiny dealer, at no discount, means you're trying to get a Bronco in spite of a smaller-than-average dealer allocation.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct. It impacts any and all (mostly small) Ford dealers that have more reservations than they have allocations. Granger, Chapman and SAC are just prime examples.
From my understanding, these dealers offered under msrp. That's going to draw a lot of customers (
I have had the same question when I read these threads. Which I don't often, because I guess I'm happy daydreaming and living vicariously through those with their Bronco for the time being. And because this is literally the only "social media" I use exactly because I can't take the acrimony and that's exactly what these threads breed. But, here I am...For the record, late reservation (August 2021), later order (October 2021), and I'm expecting to wait [according to dealer] until at least July 2022.

But, here's the thing. I went through my hometown local dealer and its small. I could have ordered my Bronco through a metro Detroit dealer with higher allocations and probably gotten it sooner. I may be mistaken, but didn't Granger offer a MSRP discount to attract buyers? And, didn't they already operate under an allocation-based system? The consumer shouldn't have to know all of the allocation details (I know I didn't when I ordered a Transit Connect in 2019). But also, every decision has a consequence. So, ordering a hyped product, during a supply chain crisis, from a dealer that's acting as a magnet for orders nationwide, under an allocation system, is risky as it turns out. Just like ordering from a tiny dealer, at no discount, means you're trying to get a Bronco in spite of a smaller-than-average dealer allocation.
Thank you. Well worded. Quite honestly, so many talk about how ford is screwing them over because of allocation changes but nobody can seem to explain how it works. Even the Ford PRs can't so I really don't think anything changed. We are all just lottery players. If you can extract information from any valid source, I'm all ears.

Sponsored

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reserved in June 2021. Ordered on 10/20/21. Been in production since 1/10/22. I have a purchase agreement and I am sure hoping this price increase won’t affect me. Anyone know anything to that regard?

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im calling this morning
I want to drop Sasquatch, but if dropping it raises my base price $2000 I may as well leave it, but is my whole package going up $2000 anyway!??

I also noticed they say auto start is only Everglades and Badlands
did you call? curious..

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed color on 2/16 and didn’t get hit with a price change. Original order was 8/3 and reordered for the 2022.

BL SAS MIC LUX

New build would be $60,500 from $58,835.. ouch

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed color on 2/16 and didn’t get hit with a price change. Original order was 8/3 and reordered for the 2022.

BL SAS MIC LUX

New build would be $60,500 from $58,835.. ouch
Thats great!

OP
OP
Twuntish

Twuntish

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats great.. then they are honoring your previous pricing.
This was stated in another thread I just replied to, but I was able to drop my tow package without a price increase. My dealer and a Ford Rep (happened to be at the dealership) confirmed the FAQ notes from the dealer memo that only big changes like trim, 2 vs 4 door, powertrain, etc will reset your order and resulting in 2022.5 pricing. But adding and dropping options do not.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was stated in another thread I just replied to, but I was able to drop my tow package without a price increase. My dealer and a Ford Rep (happened to be at the dealership) confirmed the FAQ notes from the dealer memo that only big changes like trim, 2 vs 4 door, powertrain, etc will reset your order and resulting in 2022.5 pricing. But adding and dropping options do not.
Looks like we'll be finding out pricing details March 9th!
Sponsored