BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2023 badlands does amazing with wireless carplay. Also have the high package with the 12” screen. It’s instant. I hit engine start, the horse shows on the screen, car play logo, then my music starts where it left off. I dknt oress anything. I was highly impressed. Coming from Jeep and Lexus. I dont share the same experience as you.
Sponsored

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wireless CarPlay every day for 10 months of ownership. Not once have I experienced any sort of lag or delay.

Only issue (like others) is the occasional no connection at vehicle start but I don't blame the vehicle because it happens in all our other brands of vehicles too.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what this thread taught us is the 12 inch screen is fast while the 8 inch screen is slow.
Got it.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what this thread taught us is the 12 inch screen is fast while the 8 inch screen is slow.
Got it.
And that wireless carplay may connect more reliably than plugging in

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
And that wireless carplay may connect more reliably than plugging in
I have the 8 inch screen and it’s awful wireless so I just plug it in.

Sometimes google maps has a fit and just stays a blank screen with an arrow but opening the app on my phone fixes that.

iPhone 14 pro and base 4 door if anyone cares.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sometimes google maps has a fit and just stays a blank screen with an arrow but opening the app on my phone fixes that.

Ugh. I have base 4d as well and plugging in rarely auto connects. Sometimes requires unplugging and plugging again. In contrast, carplay synced very quickly and reliably in my ‘17 and ‘18 VW’s. Bummer but it’s not going to keep people from buying a bronco so I guess I understand why ford chose to save a couple bucks on cheap hardware. The entire infotainment and audio is just trash in these vehicles

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Uhh, nope.

8" here with Black Diamond. 10 months of ownership and use it for several hours each day. Never once have I observed any slowness using CarPlay wirelessly.

Must be your phone.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uhh, nope.

8" here with Black Diamond. 10 months of ownership and use it for several hours each day. Never once have I observed any slowness using CarPlay wirelessly.
A

Must be your phone.
So what you’re saying is wireless car play, you keep your phone unplugged, connect wirelessly, play a song, click next on the steering wheel and it INSTANTLY changes songs? No lag, no takes a second to change, it’s instant.

If this is true I’ll flat out sell my bronco back to the dealership today. I’ll drive there by lunch and sell it flat out and buy another car.

I would love to see this.

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine never connects wirelessly and I have to plug and unplug several times before CarPlay will work. 2021 Big Bend.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to Bluetooth and it plays well. Except when I need to charge I will have to use the rear plug or deal with intermittent initial connection. Pretty sure NAV needs a cable if I’m correct? Didn’t check yet.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Drove my daughters VW again this morning. Plugged in my phone and last played song started in 5 seconds max. No pop ups, no selection to make. Just works.
Took forever with multiple attempts and replugging it into the Bronco yesterday. Come on Ford. This is not a new issue. Last three Fords I’ve owned in last 1 1/2 years all behave this way. Let’s see if this can be fixed in an update.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are two different head unit options, both running different hardware and software. I have the smaller screen and carplay is very slow to connect and sometimes doesn't connect without rebooting the head unit or removing the carplay setup and re-setting it up.

I think the people with the larger screen which has more up to date software has less issues with carplay.
I have the smaller screen and have the same issues as OP.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
ive got the ghetto screen and have had zero issues wireless. i can't believe how well it actually works.
Sponsored