First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop. Black
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is a common issue, but I CANNOT find a fix for these headaches.

I originally did wireless but 1/10 times it wouldn’t connect.
So I disabled wireless and moved to usb.
that worked well for a few months but now my phone won’t connect to CarPlay through either usb or wireless.

tried restarting, power cycle, reconnecting, etc. to no end.

my last ford also had terrible connectivity problems
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that worked well for a few months but now my phone won’t connect to CarPlay through either usb or wireless.

I’ve not tried USB as if I have to plug in I just don’t care enough to use it.. that said my wireless connects about 3 out of every 10 tries. 100% of the time I can get it to work if I hard reset my phone but that’s a PITA to do 7 out of 10 times.. Just kind of hoping it eventually gets better as it used to work pretty well

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This happens to me often as well, and the only fix I've found is once you get in the Bronco, don't touch your phone or put it into gear until the wireless CarPlay connects.

czaynej

Badlands
First Name
Zayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One weird thing I noticed with mine is I am connected to my iPad via sharing wifi or something my Airplay wont connect until I turn off my wifi.

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happens to me often as well, and the only fix I've found is once you get in the Bronco, don't touch your phone or put it into gear until the wireless CarPlay connects.
THIS. Don’t drive until Sync system fully boots up…….

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard that dropping the sync on your Bronco and resyncing your phone (device reset so it has to find it again), that can help. I haven't tried this yet. You can also try to reset your phone, but of course that's a big PITA.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have found that when it does not connect, I unlock my phone, go to phone list and hit the airplay button (circle with the arrow in the center).

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

yeah mines super glitchy sometimes works sometimes nope

Co2flo

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m having the same problems with mine. It’s been glitchy since the get go but I feel like it’s getting worse. I can no longer get my USB plug to connect, either.
I tried going in and deleting all the phones from my phone list and starting resync over, but there’s one phone(and of course it’s my son’s) that will not delete no matter what I try.

bcgray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Outback Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine works on startup with wireless 99% of the time. I have no issue really besides the cell towers in one particular area around my job that will knock everything offline while I drive through that spot.

My Bronco is updated when it tell me to update and my phone is even on a beta ios right now, but worked fine before that as well. I have a 21 BB with the 8inch screen.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Good afternoon! I would be glad to help you out with your CarPlay concerns if you'd like. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a DM, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good afternoon! I would be glad to help you out with your CarPlay concerns if you'd like. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a DM, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!
i think there is a software glitch. My carplay seems to disconnect mid drive. This started happening after the auto software update on the car.

OP
OP
CamBam

CamBam

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop. Black
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate it, but this is a string of issues I can't replicate or know when it'll happen. Cant take the time to get it into a dealer and then not be able to show them the problem.

kmntc4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4-Door 2.3L 7-Spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had numerous issues as well. I made a drive up to Colorado first week of August with no major issues until the last 2ish hours and then it suddenly starts skipping audio or mid drive completely shuts down and kicks apple carplay out. The entire radio locked up and then it was like it forgot what it was doing and dropped all connections to the point even USB would not re-activate carplay and it just wanted to index the phone once it was connected.

I got things back working with carplay and it did it again on the drive back. I completely deleted the phone and deleted the vehicle from the phone and got it working setting up again and it has been working for over a month now but it just started acting up again. Carplay would work, shut the vehicle off come back and it acts like it doesn't even know what Carplay is or keeps telling me carplay can't work and to try connecting USB.

I have heard that some people have switched to that MagicDash thing and they have had no issues. I really do not want to use a 3rd party device just to have good working carplay.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine just yesterday wouldn’t connect to the bronco no matter what I did. Had to use usb to get it to work. Highly annoying
Sponsored