First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was really hoping this was solved by now. My camera freezes for about 3 seconds with the robot noise 95% of the time when I go into reverse. It’s almost a safety hazard cause I don’t have a live view for those moments.
The phone calls are unusable for more than 2 minutes, my whole screen rebooted in the middle of a phone call the other day.
I only got my bronco in November of last year everyone seems to say it didn’t happen until some OTA update in October. I might try to roll back my software to what ever version was then, I did it on my Ranger for another screen issue on that vehicle but am going to have to dig up the steps, it wasn’t the simplest
I agree, it’s really surprising and frustrating this hasn’t been addressed. I don’t have a good gauge how many people this is affecting. I would think we’d be hearing a lot more about this if it were a large %.

I had my CarPlay phone audio drop out three times over the course of a six minute call yesterday. It’s extremely frustrating and disruptive to the call. I’m back to having to hold my phone on speakerphone in my free hand while driving, which is what I was doing with my 2010 Wrangler before buying a new 2022 Bronco :/

Everything worked perfectly before that Q3/Q4 update last year.
Sponsored

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think we have a winner. I dropped my Bronco off at my service department and talked with the service manager. I gave him a list of everything that was wrong and he said I did have an update on the system and the gateway module. I just tested it on a phone call today and it seems to be fixed. No camera lag and no dropped calls. Stickman, thanks for the information. I linked this thread in my email to my service manager so he could see how many people are having these issues.

OP
OP
ATLbronco

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we have a winner. I dropped my Bronco off at my service department and talked with the service manager. I gave him a list of everything that was wrong and he said I did have an update on the system and the gateway module. I just tested it on a phone call today and it seems to be fixed. No camera lag and no dropped calls. Stickman, thanks for the information. I linked this thread in my email to my service manager so he could see how many people are having these issues.
Will have to give that a try - thanks for reporting back.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the dealership now, they said there was an update for this exact issue. Will post update after.
Holy crap I'm excited

Sponsored
OP
OP
ATLbronco

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the dealership now, they said there was an update for this exact issue. Will post update after.
While there, can you ask them if this update is rolling out over-the-air or if it must be taken to the dealer to be received? Thanks and keep us posted!

Briguy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While there, can you ask them if this update is rolling out over-the-air or if it must be taken to the dealer to be received? Thanks and keep us posted!
He said it was an ACM update and could take a few hours to complete. Will see it there can be OTA option.

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He said it was an ACM update and could take a few hours to complete. Will see it there can be OTA option.
Just make sure they check for any other system updates while they have it. I had an update and thought it was fine a couple of months back, but until I took it in last week that first update didn't fix it. I'll check my paperwork and see if it says what modules got an update.

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just checked my paperwork. I had an APIM update a few weeks ago and last week I received an over air updates on the 4th and the 8th. When I took it in last week they updated the gateway module.

Briguy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just checked my paperwork. I had an APIM update a few weeks ago and last week I received an over air updates on the 4th and the 8th. When I took it in last week they updated the gateway module.
The service person I talked to in the phone called it APIM. The person at drop off said ACM. So, hoping it is what you had done. Unfortunately, after dropping my vehicle off at 10:30 this morning, they still didn't have the time to get to it today. Have that rescheduled for a week from now... As that will be when I am getting my hardtop replaced now because of the awesome cracking.

Sponsored

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The service person I talked to in the phone called it APIM. The person at drop off said ACM. So, hoping it is what you had done. Unfortunately, after dropping my vehicle off at 10:30 this morning, they still didn't have the time to get to it today. Have that rescheduled for a week from now... As that will be when I am getting my hardtop replaced now because of the awesome cracking.
I believe I did have an APIM done, at some point at least. I did see something about a TCU update or something like that, someone please correct me if I'm wrong I don't have my paperwork infront of me. With that being said, I know 100% that they updated the Gateway module. So you will definitely need to ask them to check that when you drop it off next week.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am having the same issue. Stuttering robotic sound mostly happens when shifting into reverse or park and the camera comes on. It has happened randomly for a split-second while playing a song on a USB thumb drive. Just started happening in the last month or two. Very annoying.
I am having this issue regularly now

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would you mind posting the screenshot from your service notes from your invoice, I have an appointment next week and would like my service center to update these modules of it will fix the issue. ACM, APIM, Gateway, these should be listed on your service invoice on what work was performed, it would help us all.

Thanks!

Last edited:

thetxpopulist

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been having this issue with the stuttering consistently, triggered by various functions like shift to reverse (thus triggering the 360 cams). I received an OTA alert today when powering on my Bronco for the first time this week. Will report back tomorrow.

Briguy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been having this issue with the stuttering consistently, triggered by various functions like shift to reverse (thus triggering the 360 cams). I received an OTA alert today when powering on my Bronco for the first time this week. Will report back tomorrow.
This made me check, looks like I got one 2 days ago. I didn't even realize until I checked the app. I would say it has been worse.

Side note, only 1 time in a year I had the BRAKE prompt show on my dash. I feel like there may be an issue with that and the sound too. As in, when that should be coming up, it just makes the weird sound it always done.
Sponsored