Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this issue and it’s awful for a new vehicle to have such a buggy infotainment system. Can’t wait to drop it off with a dealer for first oil change and a laundry list of small issues including this one.
They're not going to do a thing for the laundry list of issues when you drop it for an oil change. The quick lube side and the diagnostics side are separate usually. Make sure to call and schedule for diagnostics for the laundry list as well or you're gonna have a bad time.
Sponsored

BluGnat

Black Diamond
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to search the forum and this thread came up. I'm having the rebooting issue, but no noise. I think my BD Sas is a "base"? I only have a rear-view camera, no other cameras (and no butt warmers), and there's no awful noise coming out of my radio (infotainment?). Anyway, my Android Auto kept skipping/going in and out, and then stopping altogether. Happened from the day we purchased it (last month, had 2,300 miles on it). It happened with both mine and my husband's phone that night. In addition, and subsequent to that, the screen would lag (big time) and then freeze up, go black, and reboot. Sometimes a couple times in a row. I checked my app, and it said the vehicle had no available updates. Took it into my appointment today, specifically for fixing the infotainment. Picked it up this afternoon, they claimed it was fixed (from my service write up: performed GWM software update, as well as AWD module update) and on the way home, it started doing it again. Not fixed. Following this thread...

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I discovered a new issue today. The iOS CarPlay google maps regularly doesn’t stretch to fit the map area in dashboard view. If you “shrink” CarPlay, then maximize it again, it’s fixed. Only with google maps, not Apple Maps.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I discovered a new issue today. The iOS CarPlay google maps regularly doesn’t stretch to fit the map area in dashboard view. If you “shrink” CarPlay, then maximize it again, it’s fixed. Only with google maps, not Apple Maps.
My Waze will stick on the opening screen where it suggests routes even after I've selected one until I swap the displayed app or fullscreen/smallscreen Android Auto. Sounds like the same issue with different symptoms.

Briguy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had this problem start as well. Seems to happen on CarPlay and AA. AA is what I normally use. Like others have said it seems to happen more with vehicle action, but also randomly. When there is vehicle action (reverse, alert, etc.) the screen seems to lag sometimes. Every call gets the robotic sound now as well. Have a Pixel 8. Took me a bit to find this forum because I was using the wrong sound description.

Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It also does this while playing audio from a USB memory stick. I phone was not even connected.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whelp. Still doing it. Dropped it at the dealership due to the windows not rolling up anymore and asked them to look at this while they were diagnosing that. We'll see.

Noble27

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whelp. Still doing it. Dropped it at the dealership due to the windows not rolling up anymore and asked them to look at this while they were diagnosing that. We'll see.
Best of luck. Keep us posted. I took mine in for this. They cleared backed up software from the ECM and PCM. That didn’t fix it. They replaced the APIM and that didn’t fix it either. They are researching further, but are stumped at the moment.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine seems to be getting worse. Yesterday i went all day without the problem. I think disabling the auto stsrt/stop might have helped. Ill try again today.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine seems to be getting worse. Yesterday i went all day without the problem. I think disabling the auto stsrt/stop might have helped. Ill try again today.
I've got the AutoStop Eliminator hardwired in on mine. Can't imagine they're related, but worth noting.

Sponsored

leBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kaitlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounded more of a general update. But it looked like he got an answer from another person that says it addresses what’s in this forum. So I guess I’ll have to try and see.
Wondering how you made out with the update the dealer installed.. I am getting some of my laundry list looked at and this stuttering/reverse camera/phone issue is one of them. I want to make sure I let the dealer know what to look for if they aren't sure.

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wondering how you made out with the update the dealer installed.. I am getting some of my laundry list looked at and this stuttering/reverse camera/phone issue is one of them. I want to make sure I let the dealer know what to look for if they aren't sure.
yea sorry about that. No dice on the update fixing the issues. If anything it’s the same or a little worse.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership ordered a new Apim module. Still waiting on the part. Fingers crossed.

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealership ordered a new Apim module. Still waiting on the part. Fingers crossed.
Please keep us posted on that one. I take it the dealership is paying for that?